Israel, Germany upset by BNK48 singer’s swastika shirt

webfact

It is a disgraceful state of affairs to portray a teenage girl as a propogator of race hate. The Israeli and German governments ought to be ashamed of themselves and should cope with the real and dangerous racists in their own countries with the same zeal.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, champers said:

It is a disgraceful state of affairs to portray a teenage girl as a propogator of race hate. The Israeli and German governments ought to be ashamed of themselves and should cope with the real and dangerous racists in their own countries with the same zeal.

I hear what you're saying but I think it's a bit over the top.

I don't think the embassies were suggesting she's a literal Nazi.

It's more about the ignorance and lack of education of what those Nazi symbols mean, which she and so many others are definitely guilty of. 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are just showing your ignorance  , if you were to read the Mishnah (published 643 BC) , which states the rules of Shabbat , you will know that tweeting isnt forbidden , it makes no mention of tweeting as being forbidden .

Writing two letters is forbidden , but theres no mention of typing being forbidden .

Switching on electrical appliances is forbidden , although its OK to use battery powered appliances .

Its acceptable to follow Shabbat and also to  Tweet 

Irrelevant. Israeli diplomats are not required to be religiously observant, whether the tweeting is OK or not. They represent a non theocracy nation state. They are generally not rabbis. 

What I am reading on here, makes my blood boil!

Especially the ongoing apologist- comments!

So here is a little rant!

I will sure make me feel better!

So...as much as I agree, that education in "the west" is not as good and working, as it did...once: you are SERIOUSLY defending the Thai- education system over the system in the UK (or any other European- country for that matter?)

Are you @#$%^&* kidding me?

You are defending a system, that exclusively teaches a whitewashed form of Thai- history and literally NOTHING else?!

Over history lessons back in the "old countries"?

You are absolutely delusional!

How many times, does it have to be explained, that the Hindhu-Swastika- Symbol and the Nazi- Swastika are two completely different things?

The design of the Nazi- symbols is not just any willy nilly - symbol, that someone by accident tilted and then the Nazis ran along with it! Also the coloring (black symbol on white circle and red background) is quiet distinctive and not really part of any temple anywhere! So stop this BS excuse!

And isn't it funny, how many Thais pee their pants about depictions of Buddha, monks or certain Thai- people (basically only known to 60 million Thais and literally no one else!) and even throw people into jail for it, but always are innocent little lambs, when it comes to Hitler or Nazi- symbols?!

"They just weren't aware...and how could they? It happened so far away and so long ago! Boooo- hooo, poor innocent souls!"

And...of course...Israel and "the Jews" should get over it!

Mind you: It were not only Jews- it were also communists, gays, political opponents, gypsies, physically and mentally handicapped people etc, who were systematically and industrially killed by the thousands, hundred thousands or even millions!

"Happens every other day, so just get over it, Jews!"

Right?! 

No- not right!

Because if you "get over it" and "forget about it"- you are neglecting people to learn from mistakes of the past!

To be able to see and identify evil and stand up to it!

So: this brain dead dance- bimbo and all her colleagues should be shamed and ashamed and they should apologize and they probably should have to sit through some cozy hours of black and white movies from the liberation of Auschwitz!

And all TV- members, who make apologies for this crap and want this discussion to end:

a) you should be ashamed of yourself!

and

b) you are the best reason, NEVER to end this discussion!

>end of rant<

3 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Although there are efforts currently to change the definition of ant-semitism to include criticism of the Israeli government, which at present it does not. Please God the efforts fail because it would only enhance the ability of Israel to mug other populations.

You are quite probably mistaken in that opinion .

Why not post a link to verify your claims ?

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So maybe to the guys trying to argue this was the use of the Asian shrine symbol, you may not have actually looked at the pictures. 

It's a third reich flag, nothing to do with Hinduism, Shinto or Buddhist

10755106-3x2-700x467.jpg

woo hho! you found the missing piece of thepuzzle @GinBoy2 ... which irrefutedly crushes her innocent cries,

of 'not knowing...'

it is not really just about the flag!

for 

she's here making a fair crack at doing a Nazi salute! ...

(just has to reach a little higher, compensating for her stature)

>>>>:Apologist rubbish.

Yes you can buy flags in Thailand just like you can buy them in Europe.

The question is, with which reason they use this sign.

And I really don't believe this musician had this T-shirt to hurt the feelings from millions.

also.jpg

Ive noticed here in Thailand that there's a lack of history outside of Thailand not taught . Namsai probably doesn't know about the happenings of world war two. and maybe her parents don't know either we are not in the habit of ramming this kind of thing down  our childrens throats . Find the people who are selling this kind of memorabilia and shut them down. Please don't come down to heavy on this innocent minded Thai child.

Kerikey, we are so full of ourselves pontificating behind keyboards. This was a silly mistake by a teenager unaware of the significance, not as bad perhaps as Prince Harry who wore the symbol and who, as a member of the establishment and later an officer in the Army, should have known better.

Teach kids to respect one another, live harmoniously .... leave the history learning to those who want to be politicians and leaders .... it is they who motivate peoples into committing such crimes associated with symbols.

What I am reading on here, makes my blood boil!
Especially the ongoing apologist- comments!
So here is a little rant!
I will sure make me feel better!

So...as much as I agree, that education in "the west" is not as good and working, as it did...once: you are SERIOUSLY defending the Thai- education system over the system in the UK (or any other European- country for that matter?)
Are you @#$%^&* kidding me?
You are defending a system, that exclusively teaches a whitewashed form of Thai- history and literally NOTHING else?!
Over history lessons back in the "old countries"?
You are absolutely delusional!

How many times, does it have to be explained, that the Hindhu-Swastika- Symbol and the Nazi- Swastika are two completely different things?
The design of the Nazi- symbols is not just any willy nilly - symbol, that someone by accident tilted and then the Nazis ran along with it! Also the coloring (black symbol on white circle and red background) is quiet distinctive and not really part of any temple anywhere! So stop this BS excuse!

And isn't it funny, how many Thais pee their pants about depictions of Buddha, monks or certain Thai- people (basically only known to 60 million Thais and literally no one else!) and even throw people into jail for it, but always are innocent little lambs, when it comes to Hitler or Nazi- symbols?!
"They just weren't aware...and how could they? It happened so far away and so long ago! Boooo- hooo, poor innocent souls!"

And...of course...Israel and "the Jews" should get over it!
Mind you: It were not only Jews- it were also communists, gays, political opponents, gypsies, physically and mentally handicapped people etc, who were systematically and industrially killed by the thousands, hundred thousands or even millions!
"Happens every other day, so just get over it, Jews!"
Right?! 
No- not right!
Because if you "get over it" and "forget about it"- you are neglecting people to learn from mistakes of the past!
To be able to see and identify evil and stand up to it!

So: this brain dead dance- bimbo and all her colleagues should be shamed and ashamed and they should apologize and they probably should have to sit through some cozy hours of black and white movies from the liberation of Auschwitz!

And all TV- members, who make apologies for this crap and want this discussion to end:
a) you should be ashamed of yourself!
and
b) you are the best reason, NEVER to end this discussion!
>end of rant
So what do you really think?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>she's here making a fair crack at doing a Nazi salute! ...

Wwhat a nonsense she just greet the people. The nazi greet is not vertical up.

Look at the difference before you make accusations like that.

greet2.jpg

Hitler_jojo.jpg

2 minutes ago, Disaantri said:

Kerikey, we are so full of ourselves pontificating behind keyboards. This was a silly mistake by a teenager unaware of the significance, not as bad perhaps as Prince Harry who wore the symbol and who, as a member of the establishment and later an officer in the Army, should have known better.

Teach kids to respect one another, live harmoniously .... leave the history learning to those who want to be politicians and leaders .... it is they who motivate peoples into committing such crimes associated with symbols.

I wonder what the 'Prince Harry.' thing is useful for - apart from as a distraction. As for leaving history lessons to others, I haven't always felt this way but those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I can't remember who said that but it seems sensible.

>>>>:Apologist rubbish.

Yes you can buy flags in Thailand just like you can buy them in Europe.
The question is, with which reason they use this sign.
And I really don't believe this musician had this T-shirt to hurt the feelings from millions.

also.jpg.b7e21c60f361c644e0bb209500e14ea1.jpg
Cheap enough.

greet2.jpg.d232d03e7cdabcb108872cdcc4e44bfe.jpg
Hitler_jojo.jpg.4ae25ab3d08b187e4bbe25db9b056234.jpg
And she's missing the yo-yo.

5 minutes ago, alanso said:

greet2.jpg

Hitler_jojo.jpg

camera perspectives aside... foreigners were known to do it differently

Image result for hitler salute

>>>>>>>>>>To be able to see and identify evil and stand up to it!

Exactly and there is no evil with this girl she just did not know.

And you make a whole story about that but if you would live in Thailand then you would also know that there is not much freedom, money and democracy here.

Bad schools, old books, bad teachers. What you expect from the Thai to know about WW2 as many don't even can read.

Take of your western hat before blaming a whole eastern country.

18 minutes ago, tifino said:

woo hho! you found the missing piece of thepuzzle @GinBoy2 ... which irrefutedly crushes her innocent cries,

of 'not knowing...'

it is not really just about the flag!

for 

she's here making a fair crack at doing a Nazi salute! ...

(just has to reach a little higher, compensating for her stature)

No, the Nazi salute is with closed fingers , she was just waving at someone 

10 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

As for leaving history lessons to others, I haven't always felt this way but those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I can't remember who said that but it seems sensible.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.' (George Santayana-1905). In a 1948 speech to the House of Commons, Winston Churchill changed the quote slightly when he said (paraphrased), 'Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.'

16 minutes ago, Disaantri said:

Prince Harry wore the Nazi uniform to a fancy dress party , he wore it as a joke because his school friends ridiculed him about his families German ancestry , just schoolboy humor 

8 minutes ago, alanso said:

>>>>>>>>>>To be able to see and identify evil and stand up to it!

Exactly and there is no evil with this girl she just did not know.

And you make a whole story about that but if you would live in Thailand then you would also know that there is not much freedom, money and democracy here.

Bad schools, old books, bad teachers. What you expect from the Thai to know about WW2 as many don't even can read.

Take of your western hat before blaming a whole eastern country.

I live in Thailand!

And "she just did not know" is no excuse!

No one knows, although it has been pointed out to "Thailand" repeatedly in the last 5 years!

No one cares, is the obvious problem!

14 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

I wonder what the 'Prince Harry.' thing is useful for - apart from as a distraction. As for leaving history lessons to others, I haven't always felt this way but those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I can't remember who said that but it seems sensible.

Just that as a leader I would expect him to know the significance and hurt it might cause, whereas I would not expect that of such a teenager

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Unfortunately, many choices made here are based on ignorance.

The only education they seem to want to follow, is what is shown in the the weekly 'soap operas' on television.

I am not too sure much history, geography, world affairs etc. are taught in schools here.

Who was it said "any publicity is good publicity"? I wonder if this furore about a swastika on a T shirt was caused by complete ignorance, or designed to get the public's attention?

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

Who was it said "any publicity is good publicity"? I wonder if this furore about a swastika on a T shirt was caused by complete ignorance, or designed t oget the public's attention?

Sure, they should book a concert in Tel Aviv right now before the BDS zealots get a hold of them. 

Archived