Two Russian Women Killed At Jomthien Beach

george

it is also not usual that a chair vendor wears boots. well, almost all ppl wear sandals on the beach especially the thais they like wearing sandals almost everywhere.

i cannot imagine that a chair vendor, after several days that he got fed up with these tourists messing-up the beach went on his motorbike with his 9mm and boots and started shooting the tourists while they were peacefully sitting on the chair.

Edited by thai_narak

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, everyone..I'm Russian, I'm back from Thai just two days ago. I've read the whole thread." Mafia"..."Prostitutes"..It's just a sily joke! You're so unfimiliar with the situation in Russia right now..A prostitute would easily earn $300 for a night and $70 for an hour in any Russian city at the moment. Thailand is not good for a "business" vacation for prostitutes. Mafia mostly deals with oil, banking etc, going for million dollar income. Thousands, hundreds are not for them. The "key words" in this sad story are that "an empty bottle of beverage was found near the bodies". Probably they heavily argued with someone or offended someone and got bullets in their bodies.It's 4 hour time difference with Russia, so I also could not sleep past 4 am in the morning. It's just a sad incident I hope the police would be able to investigate properly. I am sorry for my poor English. May they rest in peace....

One glass two people which looked to be not used. One week in country and for sure, if alone, know

not to carry anything of value with you at that time of night no matter where in Pattaya.

A phone with 100 local phone numbers. They did know someone and maybe clientel from the pimp

on the phone for call out service which they refused to take care of after receiving the asian vacation.

Then again not unusual for a local getting hot tempered specially if he, them had waited for the girls to party with and then got shunned after spending/giving some cash to the girls earlier in the night.

Deck chair guy ( who decided not to show up for work) or some other person whom hangs around the beach at night, which there is many drifters that sleep there at night times and party, at least the last time I was there late at night was the case.

As far as seating goes could of been first place and closest place to their hotel on the beach that had chairs already set up.

I cannot believe what I read here from some postposters - full of stereotypes from newspapers, american movies and past "cold war". Also I remember previous topics - "russian innvasion, bkk incindents", etc.

Is most of Russian (any ex soviet union nationality) girls in Thailand it "hookers"? Oh, why you not say this words directly to russian men in face, I think you get good charge for that words!

Staying lot of time in Thailand (and at one EU country where I living primarly) I was able to see lot of incindents in real life and read in media about its. Two drinked british in bar kill another one, killed, shooted, rapped, etc, etc,etc. (just read thaivisa news)!

Looks like too much incindents with british happen here where England is not a big country. It happen with british, why? Bad or guys do something not ok?

- I not think so - just many peoples like to travel and everybody is different (it key!!!!).

*** BTW : And also can say what british guys drink not less that russian guys (if not more...)

But why you start to think what russians is most likely some kind of mafia, hookers, prostitutes, etc??? You just not have another ideas??? Or past propaganda return you back to previous time? Or just some kind of racist things - like all another world is poor and want our money, passport, sell us something, blablabla???

Mafia? Ok, english and americans killing half of word selling tabacco at approx all countries. True or not?

So, seeing photos of this 2 victims and reading at that forum some members responces I feel me so awfull and sad. Peoples cannot see difference, his see country name only and passport and start discriminate peoples based on passport only.

--------------------

2 young girls die...

I not see anything strange being at beach at this time with wiski near hotel (I myself do it before). I can only understand what was some kind of conflict via girls and may be this thai guy. May be some kind of flirt, some bad words, misunderstanding. But anyway it not things to get a shoot from a gun. It murder, and no other things cannot cancel it.

Hookers or not hookers (i think not), but it up to girls. It 2 peoples die, and please respect girls life and privacy!!!

------ I sorry for my so not smart post - but to have respect - please learn to respect life of another peoples!

Two Russian women killed at Jomthien beach

PATTAYA: -- Two Russian women, both tourists, have been shot dead in the Eastern seaboard resort of Jomthien, adjacent to Pattaya, about 110 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, police said.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30 and Liubov Svirkova, 25 were killed when an unidentified gunman fired four shots from a 9 mm pistol, police said. Their bodies were found lying on the beach while their personal effects were left untouched.

Witnesses reportedly told police that they saw the victims drinking alcohol and swimming earlier.

Initially, police investigators believed that the Russian tourists probably quarreled severely with a beach chair concessionnaire which led to the later violence. Police are searching for the operator to investigate.

--TNA 2007-02-24

More and more Russians are heading to to Thailand as a number one tourist destination. As if you have not already noticed. Often spending money earned from illicit sources, organised crime. A bit of generalisation I suppose, but certain enterprising Russian "businessmen" bring into Thailand their own homegrown prostitutes (I am not implying that the two ladies were prositutes). To aggravate the situation, Thailand is not geared to combat this sort of thing (International Organised Crime), off course I am open to correction. So it may be easier to look for a beach chair concessionnaire than an ex-KGB type mafia boss and his associates. Seen the same things happen in Western Europe, the Balkans and believe it or not in South Africa. I am sure it happens in the USA too, but I have never been there 'cos Uncle Sam wont give me a visa! Off course if it was the beach chair concessionnaire, he probably found the coarse, abrupt tone of the Russains a little offensive. I work with Russians everyday and I know what I am talking about. Not shocking nor surprising, but a tragedy none the less.

Here are the facts:

1.) Girls sat in the same place for several days in a row.

So shotter knew where to find them

2.) They appear from the photos to have been taken completely by surprise.

3.) High end weapon, 9mm automatic handgun.

4.) Footprints of Combat boots, Not your typical beach footwear.

5.) Cold and calculating shots, over in < 10 seconds.

6.) Calm and casual retreat by shooter.

This all suggest a professional hit , not some whacked out beach vendor.

LL

this is very very bad news. bad news for pattaya tourists. i love going to jomtien beach with my daughter, but now will maybe think twice, might be better of staying at home. jeez.

Don't let this ruin things for you, worse things happen all day long in Pattaya that don't end in tragedy and therefore dont hit the headlines. Now that's "amazing thailand"! or anywhere else for that matter.

what is so stero type

two foreign girls exucuted from a country that has thousands working in the skin trade around the world to include Pattaya, that ended up drinking cheap wiskey on a beach at 5 am by themselves.

Hot headed russian men as you say, think they were about the only foreigners in Thailand that tried a bank robbery to date. Yes Russians have a reputation and this has nothing to do with brits

so why interject it.

No one is wishing ill on the girls and the travesty is senseless regardless of the situation.

May their familes have peace in life.

The receptionist of the Dragon Beach hotel remembers the two victims as part of a group, who arrived on 16/2/07. They were due to depart on 3/03/07.

Looks like they were just ordinary tourists, part of a group.Two week holidays are very common in Russia.

PATTAYA: -- Two Russian women, both tourists, have been shot dead in the Eastern seaboard resort of Jomthien, adjacent to Pattaya, about 110 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, police said.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30 and Liubov Svirkova, 25 were killed when an unidentified gunman fired four shots from a 9 mm pistol, police said. Their bodies were found lying on the beach while their personal effects were left untouched.

Witnesses reportedly told police that they saw the victims drinking alcohol and swimming earlier.

Initially, police investigators believed that the Russian tourists probably quarreled severely with a beach chair concessionnaire which led to the later violence. Police are searching for the operator to investigate.

--TNA 2007-02-24

More and more Russians are heading to to Thailand as a number one tourist destination. As if you have not already noticed. Often spending money earned from illicit sources, organised crime. A bit of generalisation I suppose, but certain enterprising Russian "businessmen" bring into Thailand their own homegrown prostitutes (I am not implying that the two ladies were prositutes). To aggravate the situation, Thailand is not geared to combat this sort of thing (International Organised Crime), off course I am open to correction. So it may be easier to look for a beach chair concessionnaire than an ex-KGB type mafia boss and his associates. Seen the same things happen in Western Europe, the Balkans and believe it or not in South Africa. I am sure it happens in the USA too, but I have never been there 'cos Uncle Sam wont give me a visa! Off course if it was the beach chair concessionnaire, he probably found the coarse, abrupt tone of the Russains a little offensive. I work with Russians everyday and I know what I am talking about. Not shocking nor surprising, but a tragedy none the less.

You read newspapers too much))) IMHO.Nothing personal.

1. Thai people try to control their anger, to avoid loosing face. But they can only handle it to a certain point, after that they get so angry/silly that anything is possible.

2. Russians love to be arrogant, which I could believe could provoque i-m-thai-and-now-go-apeshit

3. Nobody should be killed, ever.

4. I never came close to a problem with a thai person in 5 years, because I was told before working here that whatever the problem, smile and fix the problem yourself.

The Nation

"Police said they were shot and killed on beach chairs on the Jomtien Beach at about 5 am. A security officer of a nearby resort said he heard gunfire and saw a Thai man rushing up from the beach and fleeing on a motorcycle. He checked the beach and found the two Russian women lying dead on the beach chairs."

What brave chaps these Thais are when they have a gun against two women sun bathing in deck chairs or when there are 12 of them kicking a drunk farang on the ground. No wonder their military is so pathetic - beaten by Laos in 1988, nealy beaten by Burma a couple of times and too cowardly to send reinforcements to help patrols under fire in the South.

Do you have any "army" experience? Are you a military person, political analyste/strategist perhaps or even social worker? Don't confuse social habits with military decisions in ANY country. It just makes you look like an armchair critic. Have YOU ever stepped in to help the drunk farang on the ground? Show me a military that is not pathetic... and I will show you the coward in every man. In every conflict there is a price to be paid. You mention bravery, heros are brave, and often dead. Pathetic, is to let someone else pay the price of our own need to feel safe. Who is the coward now? If there is a war in Thailand, the first to leave will be the drunken farang on the ground, no matter how blind drunk he is, you can be sure that he will find his way out of Thailand. The second would be many of us "EXPATS". Don't forget the TGF, you can put to work in country of origin! (just a thought)

--TNA 2007-02-24

You read newspapers too much))) IMHO.Nothing personal.

No I get around a lot... I see things as they are and I experience life as much as I can.

I just reply to stuff like this because it is raining outside :o . I have not touched a newspaper in at least a month, and that was to read the horoscopes! :D

Hello, everyone..I'm Russian, I'm back from Thai just two days ago. I've read the whole thread." Mafia"..."Prostitutes"..It's just a sily joke! You're so unfimiliar with the situation in Russia right now..A prostitute would easily earn $300 for a night and $70 for an hour in any Russian city at the moment. Thailand is not good for a "business" vacation for prostitutes. Mafia mostly deals with oil, banking etc, going for million dollar income. Thousands, hundreds are not for them. The "key words" in this sad story are that "an empty bottle of beverage was found near the bodies". Probably they heavily argued with someone or offended someone and got bullets in their bodies.It's 4 hour time difference with Russia, so I also could not sleep past 4 am in the morning. It's just a sad incident I hope the police would be able to investigate properly. I am sorry for my poor English. May they rest in peace....

ti znaesh shto eta ne pravilno shto ti govorish :o

Forgive my poor Russian, but it is not all together true what you state here and you know it! There are big players and little players, and all are looking for a place in the sun. Come on we all know there are low life scum bags manipulating women all over the world, so don't denie that devoshkas (young Russian girls) are being kidnapped and traded by small fry gangsters in far flung parts of the world. As for $300 a night, I can tell you in the capitals of western Europe, there are girls desperate to make there "quotas" and will go for as little as 20 Euros and a place to sleep! You see, two weeks in an exotique country, cheap by even east European budgets , does not give you enough insight into the problem, both in mother Russia nor Amazing Thailand. If you don't believe me, I can pass on links to sites that exist to help these poor daughters of Russia. do svidaniia :D

It's really so bad of you to judge over the victims just because of thoughts you have of Russians in your head.

Lot of Russians come to Thailand, many girls of different age. Desire to make a trip to exotic country doesn't make them prostitutes. And even if Russians live here, it doesn't mean they do something criminal to afford it. We can work and earn the money in the legal way.

Our girls pretty, young and wear some revealing clothes, but 99,9% of them aren't prostitues in Pattaya. Or even bigger procentage. They are good, kind-hearted, intelligent. The only reason they are different and could seem to have weird habits is different culture. Don't be so stupid and try to broad you mind, at least a little bit.

It's just annoying, you know. And not only here. I happened to have a talk with some man in Bangkok hotel - he started it. Then he knew where I am from, he asked me if I was a prostitute. It's such an offence!

Edited by Agenda

This is shocking,this is very sad indeed!But you can save yourself all those silly speculations and better leave poor victims in peace.

Pattaya is dangerous place to be!This is obvious!true or not?You dont remember 2 Thais shot last year

in restaurant by another Thai for loud behaviour during soccer match?you had forgotten the fate of the owner of ANZAC

Hotel?He complaint about noise the next door - they just'd shot him!He was not stranger,he lived there for years!!

Only idiots go to Pattaya...

It's really so bad of you to judge over the victims just because of thoughts you have of Russians in your head.

Lot of Russians come to Thailand, many girls of different age. Desire to make a trip to exotic country doesn't make them prostitutes. And even if Russians live here, it doesn't mean they do something criminal to afford it. We can work and earn the money in the legal way.

Our girls pretty, young and wear some revealing clothes, but 99,9% of them aren't prostitues in Pattaya. Or even bigger procentage. They are good, kind-hearted, intelligent. The only reason they are different and could seem to have weird habits is different culture. Don't be so stupid and try to broad you mind, at least a little bit.

It's just annoying, you know. And not only here. I happened to have a talk with some man in Bangkok hotel - he started it. Then he knew where I am from, he asked me if I was a prostitute. It's such an offence!

Get real, you are living in a dream world here, your statistics are all wrong. 99.9%? You obviously never heard the expression, Pattaya is PatPong on steroids. Though you might find this painful, it is the general perception. Pattaya loses out on a lot of "family" touristes because of that reputation. Also it depends what time you work and where, doesn't it? One thing you say is true though and I quote "Our girls pretty, young and wear some revealing clothes..." and in general most Thai women are "good, kind-hearted, intelligent." as for feeling offended, I know what it feels like because the same thing has happened to me on several occassions and I am a hetro man!

Edited by dingue2rep

The problem is Russians have a notorious reputation for organized crime in the U.S., Thailand, Macau, and some countries in western europe. A lot of it is completely warranted, the FBI even has a special criminal unit to investigate eastern european (Russian) crime rings operating in the U.S. In Thailand it's not really any different. In the '90s there were an awful lot of illicit Russian money flooding into places like Pattaya. Thai Special division police and Interpol have all said pretty much the same things..the Russian criminals were buying up property and investing their money there.

Also, there are a significant number of Russian prostitutes in Thailand. You can't say they don't exist or we are exaggerating because ANY expat who has lived here knows where they are. In Bangkok they hang out at all the popular expat/foreigner nightspots. In Pattaya they can be found at a few of the bars and at some of the hotels. Maybe not all of them are Russian but i'm sure the vast majority are because it's difficult for other eastern bloc girls to enter and stay in Thailand.

A prostitute would easily earn $300 for a night and $70 for an hour in any Russian city at the moment.

then how come that a bunch of ladies in Pattaya (not all from Russia but mostly from CIS-states) work for peanuts compared to what they can earn in Russia?

:o

The problem is Russians have a notorious reputation for organized crime in the U.S., Thailand, Macau, and some countries in western europe. A lot of it is completely warranted, the FBI even has a special criminal unit to investigate eastern european (Russian) crime rings operating in the U.S. In Thailand it's not really any different. In the '90s there were an awful lot of illicit Russian money flooding into places like Pattaya. Thai Special division police and Interpol have all said pretty much the same things..the Russian criminals were buying up property and investing their money there.

Also, there are a significant number of Russian prostitutes in Thailand. You can't say they don't exist or we are exaggerating because ANY expat who has lived here knows where they are. In Bangkok they hang out at all the popular expat/foreigner nightspots. In Pattaya they can be found at a few of the bars and at some of the hotels. Maybe not all of them are Russian but i'm sure the vast majority are because it's difficult for other eastern bloc girls to enter and stay in Thailand.

Again, mister directly out of number two, so that theory of yours is good enough to take lifes? What on planet earth makes it right to kill girls because they are prostitutes?

A prostitute would easily earn $300 for a night and $70 for an hour in any Russian city at the moment.

then how come that a bunch of ladies in Pattaya (not all from Russia but mostly from CIS-states) work for peanuts compared to what they can earn in Russia?

:o

I have known a Russian pro for the last five years here in pattaya

Again, mister directly out of number two, so that theory of yours is good enough to take lifes? What on planet earth makes it right to kill girls because they are prostitutes?

Do you have problems with logical reasoning or what, when did I ever say it was cause for taking lives?

Do you have problems with logical reasoning or what, when did I ever say it was cause for taking lives?

Why else would you insist on informing us that you think they were prostitutes? Why would it matter?

This link goes to a page with photo and more details from Pattay Daily News - HERE

Two Russian tourists shot dead at 'Jomtien beach' Pattaya City.

Two Russians, enjoying drinks and swimming, early on Saturday morning were found on the beach, shot dead, in their deck chairs.

6 am, on Saturday morning, police were on the scene, after reports of gunshots, headed by Police officer Police Major General Seatha Marloen from Dongtan sub police station Banglamung Chonburi.

Upon arrival they discovered the bodies of two Russian tourists 25, and 30 years of age slumped in their chairs, apparently the victims of a 'contract style ' killing, opposite Ananathaya Resort hotel.. All personal effects were intact, and, police reportedly have the slaying recorded on the newly installed CCTV system.

The victims, Miss Svirkova Liubov aged 25 and her friend Miss Tsimfer Tatiana aged 30, both Russian nationals, were in their beach clothes, and had been relaxing on the beach in the early morning. Both were shot with a 9mm pistol. Miss Liubov received 4 bullets, one in her left arm and three in her abdomen, Miss Tatiana received one in the back, both were shot at close range. Items on their table included a mobile phone, a pack of cigarettes, and two small bottles of Thai whisky; footprints showed the gunman had been wearing combat type shoes.

A nearby security guard who heard the gunshots, and witnessed the gunman escaping on a motorcycle, had earlier seen the ladies, at 3am, on their journey from the Dragon Beach hotel, to the beach some 500 meters away. The ladies regularly visited the beach at this time,He was first on the scene after hearing the first shot and some screaming for help, the further four shots rang out as he ran towards the scene, the assailant was described as young, although, no further details were given. A second witness said he saw the gunman driving away at speed in the direction of Soi Chiyapruk. The receptionist of the Dragon Beach hotel remembers the two victims as part of a group, who arrived on 16/2/07. They were due to depart on 3/03/07.

Police Lieutenant General Suthin Thrabpueng said he was shocked at the crime as there is no motive or theft, and is eager to bring this criminal to book, as this is very serious case, and damaging for tourism, as this is not the first time tourists have been discovered murdered on the beach.

Sorry if its been posted already .... lots of pages to go through ....

More information in this news report...

SOURCE: Pattaya People News: February 24th 2007

Mindless Murder of Two Russians on Jomtien Beach

On the 24th of February at 6.00am Dongtan Police were called to the scene of a double murder on Jomtien Beach opposite Soi 18.

Police rushed to the scene along with Rescue Volunteers and found two brutally slain Russian lady tourists named Miss Liubov Svirkova aged 25 and Miss Tatiana Tsimfer aged 30, slumped on two beach chairs. They had been mindlessly shot dead by someone using a 9mm gun.

Police found a mobile phone, a bottle of whisky, a pack of cigarettes and a paper bag containing clothes and passports belonging to the women, untouched on table.

Police discovered foot prints in the sand around the beach chairs which may have come from the assailant's combat boots; they also found four bullet shells.

Security guard of the Ananya Hotel, Jomtien, Khun Somsak Noonoi, told Police that at 3 am he was on duty and noticed the two Russians Ladies leaving the Dragon Beach Resort only 500 meters away from the murder scene on the beach.

The ladies apparently liked to watch the dawn arrive whilst having a drink on the beach.

At 5 am he heard a gun shot and bravely headed towards the area of the blast. Whilst running to the scene he heard three more shots fired.

He spotted a Thai man who was walking calmly from the scene. He simply jumped on his motorbike and drove off quickly towards the Chaiyapruek Police box.

It is unclear at present if the Security Guard managed to write down the license plate number of the bike and a police investigation is quite obviously underway.

Police discovered foot prints in the sand around the beach chairs which may have come from the assailant's combat boots;

Who wears combat boots in Thailand?

Entertain me with your predictions :o

"A security officer of a nearby resort said he heard gunfire and saw a Thai man rushing up from the beach and fleeing on a motorcycle.

He checked the beach and found the two Russian women lying dead on the beach chairs." The Nation

I wonder if the combat boot prints were from the security guard who found these women after he heard the shots?