Pound falls on no-deal Brexit worries, dollar steady

webfact

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I can stomach the answer , I just want people to state the answer, rather than posting articles , too busy to study article at the moment 

8 posts in the last hour on this thread alone. You aren't that busy...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Indeed, the GBP value dropped 25% to the baht the day of the referendum in Feb 2016 and it hasn't budged much since then.

No the Pound didnt drop 25 % on the day of the referendum , the Pound was about the same rate a week after the referendum , maybe you are getting confused , because the referendum wasnt in Feb 2016 ,it was in July  

Just now, baboon said:

11 posts... All when you could have been conducting your own research as the redoubtable Chomper Higgot suggested...

12 posts .

Its up to people to back up their claims , too post links .

Its not up top others to search .

*Donald Trump is the new Jesus Christ .

If you dont believe me , do a web search .

Point proven *

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have a three year old energetic boy I am solely taking care off , I really dont have the time to read articles ,Pal

Had I cut and paste facts that you don’t like from the articles, you’d be demanding to see the source (which you tell us you are anyway to

busy to read).

What you are actually doing is attempting to enlist others in supporting you in your ever futile efforts to deny the truth that Brexit is founded on lies.

It would take you less than five minutes to read the last link I posted.

A small investment of time that will end your two years plus of denial.

Or at least remove the basis of your denial.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Had I cut and paste facts that you don’t like from the articles, you’d be demanding to see the source (which you tell us you are anyway to

busy to read).

What you are actually doing is attempting to enlist others in supporting you in your ever futile efforts to deny the truth that Brexit is founded on lies.

It would take you less than five minutes to read the last link I posted.

A small investment of time that will end your two years plus of denial.

Or at least remove the basis of your denial.

OK, I will go back and read the link , there really better be some "lies" there for me to read.

Happy now ?

1 hour ago, NightSky said:

Indeed, the GBP value dropped 25% to the baht the day of the referendum in Feb 2016 and it hasn't budged much since then.

The real pain for this currency drop has yet to be felt by the masses in the UK although I am informed that prices for many staples are just beginning to rise. If all those voting to leave were to suffer the same as expats who earn in GBP have done, most would have regretted it the day after the referendum.

No it didn't and it was in June. Two mistakes in one sentence. Talk about inflation! Well done.

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

busy to read).

As you know that , why dont you post the quotes and post the links at the same time to avoid any confusion ?

What are the lies that Brexit was founded on ?

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

The daily or weekly or whatever saving of 300 odd mil which would be put into the NHS, just for starters.

That was a suggestion as what could be done with the savings of not being a member of the E.U. ., that wsnt a "promise , that was a suggestion 

I just knew that if I read through a whole topic here, I would eventually get to some post that mentions Donald Trump. 

54 minutes ago, baboon said:

11 posts... All when you could have been conducting your own research as the redoubtable Chomper Higgot suggested...

12 posts.

It's up to people to back up their claims, too post links.

It's not up top others to search.

*Donald Trump is the new Jesus Christ.

If you don't believe me, do a web search.

Point proven *

Just yesterday I was watching a left-leaning U.S. news program and they were complaining that Donald Trump received free tv coverage during his campaign. I mean, they were furious. The truth is, it is going to happen again. Why? Because they just don't get it. He knows how to play them. 

Donald Trump received nearly $2 billion in free media exposure this past year, dwarfing his Republican rivals and more than doubling the attention paid to Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, according to tracking firm mediaQuant.

Trump received $1.9 billion in free, or “earned,” media coverage, yet spent just $10 million on paid advertisements this election cycle. While Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Ohio Gov. John Kasich each spent more money than Trump on ads, the Republican candidates clocked in at $313 million, $204 million and $38 million in free media respectively. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

What were the "lies and promises " that were told and could not be kept  ?

People were told the UK would be part of the existing FTA that spanned from Iceland to Turkey and the Russian border.

In addition that a deal  would be negotiated before starting the legal process to leave

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have just quickly read that article and I cannot see any lies there .

Your question, to which I responded to was,

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

OK , where and when and who promised that exiting the E.U would be easy ?

Who promised that the UK would get a "easy and favorable" deal ?

You claimed that the person who stated that was lying , so, who was/is lying ?

I’ve provided you with links for n which answer who said these things.

The gap between what they said then and the reality now exposes what they said, and continued to say, as lies.

5 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

People were told the UK would be part of the existing FTA that spanned from Iceland to Turkey and the Russian border.

In addition that a deal  would be negotiated before starting the legal process to leave

That cannot be true .

The UK cannot start any new negotiations until it has exited europe  .

Anyway , who said that and  post a link to where he said it 

11 minutes ago, Longcut said:

I just knew that if I read through a whole topic here, I would eventually get to some post that mentions Donald Trump. 

Although to be fair , although I did mention his name , it was just a random name and nothing really to do with him in particular  , anyones name would have done, but his was the first name to come into my head as an example

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Plenty of British expats voted for leave, so blame them too. They all thought it would be so good for them and look at it now. One big mess.

They had an over inflated idea of how much power the UK had vs the EU, now lets see when they are out on their own.. the UK will have less power still. 

Rubbish.

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although to be fair , although I did mention his name , it was just a random name and nothing really to do with him in particular  , anyones name would have done, but his was the first name to come into my head as an example

You are really giving TVF a lot more attention than your 3 year old. Don’t you think? No need to answer just enjoy the kid. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Plenty of British expats voted for leave, so blame them too. They all thought it would be so good for them and look at it now. One big mess.

They had an over inflated idea of how much power the UK had vs the EU, now lets see when they are out on their own.. the UK will have less power still. 

I don't think they thought anything about power.

They fell into the trap of listening to what they wanted to hear - blame everything on being in the EU. Leave and all the problems will be better. Nonsense of course. Now they can hopefully see by the mess being made by the ones who promised "everything would be better".

Some comments I see on FB British group sites astound me. Xenophobic, racist, and still believing in the bile and bilge barmy Boris and piss-head Farage spat out. 

24 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

You are really giving TVF a lot more attention than your 3 year old. Don’t you think? No need to answer just enjoy the kid. 

Hes crashed out now , knocked himself out being busy all morning .

Some posters seemed to suggest that I was lying and just making excuses as to why I couldnt read long articles .

Its difficult to concentrate when hes singing a papa shark .

Anyway proof that hes alseep now

DSCF3368.JPG

Were the Government to actually obey the majority vote 2 years or more ago instead of doing everything to frustrate it then Parliament would have triggered Article 50 and made leaving law - immediately - not faffed about over it allowing that Gina muppet to interfere in the courts, and we could have simply walked away on the spot and invited the EU to cosy up to us for import favours.

Instead Theresa the Appeaser lost her resolve and meekly surrendered to every demand made of her and even removed a leave person from the negotiating team and installed a remain minister. Small wonder that the pet EU drunkard slobbered all over his desk in his indecent haste to make many demands she agreed to, only to have to back off. That is why they called her Theresa the Appeaser. It is a shame she didn't lose the No Confidence vote, we might have stood a chance but the Tory MP's were to yellow-livered to deliver.  I consider the protracted failed "negotiations" to be responsible for the falling pound, it is the catastrophic indecision that has created this apparently insoluble problem. 

Had we slammed the door and offered to negotiate afterwards we would I suspect by now have got over the worst of it and be in a far better position that Theresa May has now placed us in. It seems we have lost both the war and the peace and are likely doomed to be an EU vassal state in perpetuity.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

OK , where and when and who promised that exiting the E.U would be easy ?

Who promised that the UK would get a "easy and favorable" deal ?

You claimed that the person who stated that was lying , so, who was/is lying ?

I've wondered about that too as it is something that is repeated so often by remainers.

Prior to the referendum, I can't recall anyone saying that the uk would get an "easy and favorable" deal" - although I must admit that I paid little attention to obvious propaganda.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I'm a quick typer and can read short posts when hes playing with a toy for a few minutes , cnnot really concentrate on long articles 

I’ve got a bridge over Sydney Harbour for sale. Going cheap. How about I pull together the paperwork for you and you can just sign the last pages

Just now, samran said:

I’ve got a bridge over Sydney Harbour for sale. Going cheap. How about I pull together the paperwork for you and you can just sign the last pages

Not at the moment with the current exchange rate, ask me again next year , when the Pound rises again 

Archived