Polar vortex freezes U.S. Midwest with snow, dangerously cold air

webfact

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, DM07 said:

But according to you, these guys are all in the pocket of...ahm...the big money science labs and...Leonardo Di Caprio, to push their agenda.

I haven't said that at all- you are making that up.

I have many times said I don't believe that we can do anything about it one way or another, as the only realistic solution isn't being done in anywhere near enough facilities. I ask what those that do believe "something should be done" are doing themselves, as I'm sure that like Al Gore and Leo, they ain't giving up their way of life, but they sure seem keen on other people changing theirs.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:31 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Yo dude...u gotta slow down and READ. My post states meteorological facts which are easily verified. Also didn't claim 

"WE caused it" solely...just that human causes are a factor. 

FYI...My last 2 cars in the States were 17 and 14 years old. Both were 4cyl compacts that got over 30 mpg and only driven 4200 miles/year on average. Never had a car or motorbike here. I also don't have any kids, recycled as much as possible wherever I've lived... 

AND been a vegan for 30 years this coming June. :thumbsup:

We sound pretty similar except my cars were way older. I just want to know what people that do believe the climate is going to kill us all are actually doing themselves. Where I live, people are doing zero, nothing at all.

Chicagoland has never and will never experience temperatures in the -50s Fahrenheit, -60s Fahrenheit, -70s Fahrenheit, and both Chicagoland and Minnesota will never experience temperatures in the -80s Fahrenheit, -90s Fahrenheit, -100s Fahrenheit, -110s Fahrenheit, -120s Fahrenheit, -130s Fahrenheit, -140s Fahrenheit, -150s Fahrenheit, -160s Fahrenheit, -170s Fahrenheit, -180s Fahrenheit etc.  I know they are cold in winter, but Oymyakon Russia has winters that are about 70 something degrees colder than Chicago winters and 60 something degrees colder than Minneapolis winters. Vostok Station Antarctica has winters that are over 110 degrees colder than Chicago and about 100 degrees colder than Minneapolis Minnesota.

if there is extra terrestrial life on other planets (which most scientists agree there are), maybe some of those ETs on other planets live in cities with winters that are like 150 degrees colder than Chicago winters and like 140s degrees colder than Minneapolis winters. 

As for snow, Chicago and Minneapolis both average around 40 or 50 something inches of snow per year but Truckee California averages over 200 inches of snow per year, Flagstaff averages over 100 inches of snow per year. Kutchan Japan averages 440 inches of snow per year, Sopporo Japan averages well over 200 inches of snow per year. Mount Rainer averages over 600 inches of snow per year. And yes, if there are ETs that exist on other planets, I am sure that some of them live in cities which get 600 inches of snow per year or 750 inches of snow per year.

So while the Midwest USA is cold and snowy in winter, there are places on our planet and on other planets that are much much worse. 

Archived