Bangkok: Hotel puts the phone down on foreigner complaining about the smoke

webfact

Hotel puts the phone down on foreigner complaining about the smoke

sb.jpg

FILE photo

An Australian model and English teacher living in Thailand was disgusted by what he said was a hotel in the Sathorn area spewing black smoke into the air. 

Sanook reported that Sunny Burns called the hotel to complain about the smoke emerging into Bangkok's already smog laden atmosphere from a rooftop vent.

They put the phone down on him. 

Mr Burns - who once appeared on reality TV modelling show The Face Men Thailand - posted a video of the smoke saying in Thai: "Yer mark - mai dee leuy khrap" (there's a lot (of smoke) - that's terrible).

In his written post he told how he had called the hotel. He said this was the view from his condo, people were getting sick and it was really sad. 

Sanook said that PM 2.5 particles in the capital's air were at almost record levels around 200 with governor General Asawin Kwanmuang ordering more than 400 schools shut for two days. 

6707504-3x2-340x227.jpg

FILE photo

Thaivisa notes that Sunny Burns is known for being something of a local celebrity claiming to be an attractive English tutor. He was once implicated in the Erawan bombing after someone who looked like him appeared on CCTV.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-31

• Sad 1

Probably the boiler cranking up to heat the water so he can take a shower...Oh wait...

More likely the periodic starting/check of the emergency generator.

Such is life....

What a snowflake.

The person who answered the phone was probably young with no sense of sarcasm or irony.

"Oh Dear. Thank you very much sir for your observation. I will immediately call engineering and ask them what is happening. Thank you for your call" Click...

Just a side note. That is what will eventually happen to the caller if he dies in Thailand. Selfish bugger.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Whatever his motives are the man is entirely correct to say that Thai companies and Thai people often pollute massively and that they mostly dont care at all. So I applaud him.

The hotel should be closed by the health department until it sorts its smoke emissions out. The same goes for all vehicles that pollute excessively: off the road immediately until fixed. There is no valid excuse for polluting like that.

From a Thai point of view there has always been a perfectly valid excuse for "polluting" nobody else cares, now "maybe" something will be done? "Social conscience" cannot be translated into Thai, never been taught - Me,me & me has long been the mantra, now they are paying the price, be it on the roads, the enviroment, daily life, frankly they sowed the seeds now they are reaping the negatives!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

God forbid someone who is young and good looking does something in Thailand... the cheek of it, doesn't he know only old gits are allowed to moan and bitch in this country!!! 

I don't think the fact he looks like an under-nourished boy band member comes into it. Anyone else would get stick for this too. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that Sunny Burns called the hotel to complain about the smoke emerging into Bangkok's already smog laden atmosphere from a rooftop vent.

Haha..., how long has he been in Thailand? If for more than a week, he'd know what Thais give on complaints, esp. coming from foreigners... ????

2 hours ago, CGW said:

From a Thai point of view there has always been a perfectly valid excuse for "polluting" nobody else cares, now "maybe" something will be done? "Social conscience" cannot be translated into Thai, never been taught - Me,me & me has long been the mantra, now they are paying the price, be it on the roads, the enviroment, daily life, frankly they sowed the seeds now they are reaping the negatives!

But, do they care?

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

But, do they care?

I'm good with the easy questions ???? ................................ NO :shock1:

Why - my thoughts are that due to the indoctrination period they go through (School) it removes any sensibilities or free thought ?

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I don't think the fact he looks like an under-nourished boy band member comes into it. Anyone else would get stick for this too. 

Getting stick for what? Protesting against pollution?

• Thanks 2

You're a sad bunch. The guy is at least trying to do something about it, by contacting the polluter, and if that doens't help the media.

All you're doing here is moaning about the guy doing something.

Sad.

• Thanks 2