Abhisit the only Democrat candidate for PM

snoop1130

Abhisit the only Democrat candidate for PM

By The Nation

ec9b9f66630b448bc45e3695c8a7d2b2.jpeg

File photo: Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva

Former prime minister and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva is the only candidate for prime minister the party will submit to the Election Commission.

The Constitution allows each party to submit up to three names. Unlike its rival Pheu Thai Party and Phalang Pracharat, the Democrats said on Friday they will propose only Abhisit.

It had been speculated that the Democrat’s patriarch and former leader Chuan Leekpai could appear as a candidate, but he did not.

Spokesman Thana Chiravinit said the party voted unanimously to propose Abhisit as the candidate for prime minister.

He said Abhisit was a dedicated politician who had no reputation of corruption. Also, Abhisit upholds democracy and has had experience being prime minister.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363374

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-01

Abhisit had an excellent education having attended Eton college and also has bachelor's and master's degrees from Oxford AND of course he can speak fluent English.  Unlike the current puppet.

Abhisit had an excellent education having attended Eton college and also has bachelor's and master's degrees from Oxford AND of course he can speak fluent English.  Unlike the current puppet.
And that's a reason for Thais to vote for him?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Abhisit upholds democracy.

Yea right. He is just a toady and the fact that he speaks English it totally irrelevant.

When 2 people were accidentally killed by the police dispersing protesters, he said of Somchai, the then premier, that he was not Thai and not even human and that he must bear responsibility for the deaths.

Yet how many protesters were shot by the army in his free fire zones and has he admitted any responsibility. He has not.

Abhisit is a sook.....

If he's the only possible candidate for PM, then really nothing can help this party...led by an educated person, but they've never won an election, they've hardly even been close and made up of mostly Hi-so members, many of whom are clueless....(as all other parties)

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's obvious that Abhisit is a better choice the many of them - maybe all of them.

But somehow Thai voters can't see that...

Many think he is responsible for the taking of innocent lives.   He's hated.  He is lack luster in his speeches and a liability to his party, not an asset. 

12 hours ago, anchadian said:

Even though under the dems the rural policies where far superior to the Shinawatta crowd, Mark wasn't at all liked in the North, then again neither is Prayut, so the election should be interesting 

13 hours ago, anchadian said:

If this is a promotion to send the kids to Eton and Oxford, just look at what they turned out? 

Save your money and keep the kids in the public system. My kids can also speak English.

The only difference Abhisit has is he has a silver spoon sticking out his rear end, and still doesn't know what to do with it. Hides under the coffee table when things get hard!

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's obvious that Abhisit is a better choice the many of them - maybe all of them.

But somehow Thai voters can't see that...

From my understanding and comments from my well aware Thai adult son, the Essan and other country folks feel he doesn't understand their problems and issues, he's a rich city boy only.

To be successful he needs to take care of this aspect quickly, and show the Esaan and all other people he's seriously and sincerely he's there for them as much as all other Thais.

He's an intelligent man, but can he get the dinosaurs from his party on the same page and show that the whole party is there for the Esaan people (and all Thai people) and they really understand? In other words show visible and continuously that the party has changed and now has different priorities.

Also seems to me that Khun Korn should be strongly in this picture, he's well educated in finance and economics and although it got little attention years back he proposed some good workable ideas in regard to strong changes in wealth distribution, reduce the gap etc. 

Now stand by for the juntahugger comments.

Just now, Chris Lawrence said:

If this is a promotion to send the kids to Eton and Oxford, just look at what they turned out? 

Save your money and keep the kids in the public system. My kids can also speak English.

The only difference Abhisit has is he has a silver spoon sticking out his rear end, and still doesn't know what to do with it. Hides under the coffee table when things get hard!

Hides under the coffee table when things get hard!"

Not true and not fair.

You get voted on the country side and govern in the capital - there you go! That explains partly, why this country has been rigged and raped by countless selfish governments. 

Unless a complete re-thinking takes place (and based on what should that happen) this country is doomed and will have a very bumpy short ride ahead until it understood, that this is the 21st century. But democracies work only among an educated electorate. Over and out! 

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

From my understanding and comments from my well aware Thai adult son, the Essan and other country folks feel he doesn't understand their problems and issues, he's a rich city boy only.

To be successful he needs to take care of this aspect quickly, and show the Esaan and all other people he's seriously and sincerely he's there for them as much as all other Thais.

He's an intelligent man, but can he get the dinosaurs from his party on the same page and show that the whole party is there for the Esaan people (and all Thai people) and they really understand? In other words show visible and continuously that the party has changed and now has different priorities.

Also seems to me that Khun Korn should be strongly in this picture, he's well educated in finance and economics and although it got little attention years back he proposed some good workable ideas in regard to strong changes in wealth distribution, reduce the gap etc. 

But what job has he worked in other then temp work when completing studies? 

It would be good to see someone who can roll up the sleeves and get their hands dirty. Not brown paper bag dirty but be able to make decisions that will be fair and equitable. Maybe that's a dream!

The one thing this world does not need is another tyrant. They are good for know one. 

5 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

But what job has he worked in other then temp work when completing studies? 

It would be good to see someone who can roll up the sleeves and get their hands dirty. Not brown paper bag dirty but be able to make decisions that will be fair and equitable. Maybe that's a dream!

The one thing this world does not need is another tyrant. They are good for know one. 

Agree, no more tyrants anywhere.... 

Are you suggesting Abhisit is a tyrant?

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Abhisit is a sook.....

If he's the only possible candidate for PM, then really nothing can help this party...led by an educated person, but they've never won an election, they've hardly even been close and made up of mostly Hi-so members, many of whom are clueless....(as all other parties)

Should the Democrats present a corrupt criminal to make sure the buffaloes vote for them?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Does anybody understand how to solve the up-country problems?

What some politicians obviously understand is how to motivate the people to vote for them and their populist policies.

But did anybody, including Thaksin and his minions, actually solve many problems in the N and NE?

Farmers are happy to get some money. And middlemen and happier because they get even more money. And TRT politicians are happy that the people are happy because they got some money but still poor so that next time they will vote again for the corrupt with will give them a few crumbs of the cake.

I am sure the Democrats or any other party could have perfect solutions for NE and the people would still continue to vote for the corrupt...

The reason the Isaan folk vote for Thaksin parties is because he was the first (only?) politician to say "vote for me and things will be better" that actually made things better when elected.  The army/elite called the coup in 2006 because Thaksin was THE most popular person in Thailand.... BAR NONE

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Agree, no more tyrants anywhere.... 

Are you suggesting Abhisit is a tyrant?

No. Abhisit is far from a tyrant. I do consider him a loose cannon which is also dangerous. The reason for this is his offsider when in Government was the mad monk.

The incumbent is more the tyrant, following his prowling of the reporters brigade over the last couple of years. More than happy to shoot them down at any opportunity. Literally. 

Archived