Warden Defends Shackling Bahraini Footballer Hakeem

webfact

8 hours ago, Xaos said:

No shoes, no flip flops, terrible.

international standards, Thailand 4.0, the world understands us etc etc 555

The actions were shameful, the excuses embarrassing.

Your staff are so poor there was a real risk of flight?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If this guy behaved himself in the past and didn't go on a rant and try to trash a police station, he may have been treated better. If he was a normal poor farang he would not even be in the news.

Boo Hoo, I am so heart broken to see the pictures, NOT!

Geezer

• Like 1

An intriguing aspect of this is that in its initial photo of Hakeem the newspaper that can't be mentioned here photoshopped (very poorly) out the shackles. Terrible journalistic practice but I wonder what the reasons were? Shame? A pathetic attempt to protect Thailand's image? They have now restored the true photographic representation of the shackles but they deserve a lot of criticism for this? How can you trust any of their photos?

There was a case during the troubles of 2009-2010, where a journalist attacked a redshirt woman. His cameras and camera bag were photoshopped out of the picture. It was spun as "Furious local resident attacks redshirt invasion". Or words to that effect. The picture was full of high drama and went on to win a prize from the Thai Journalists Association for Best Picture. This, even though  they knew and openly admitted it was photoshopped. They gave it the prize because of the "drama".

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, owl sees all said:

When Red Bull man finally get returned by a 'red notice', will he be in leg irons?

Come back soon Boss; all is forgiven.

Yes, he will if he is held in custody and has to appear outside the prison.  Just like this man.

19 hours ago, JAG said:

I'm sure that I read somewhere that there is some kind of international convention, to which Thailand is a signatory, which prohibits, amongst other things, shackling prisoners in this way.

Which international convention would that be, if you're so sure of it?  Would it be the one that the US, for instance, didn't ratify?

1 hour ago, tomta said:

An intriguing aspect of this is that in its initial photo of Hakeem the newspaper that can't be mentioned here photoshopped (very poorly) out the shackles. 

The Bangkok Post did that in it's pictures also.  What is "the newspaper that can't be mentioned here" that you refer to?

29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The Bangkok Post did that in it's pictures also.  What is "the newspaper that can't be mentioned here" that you refer to?

The item on this on Channel 3 news at lunchtime had the shackles blurred out.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Which international convention would that be, if you're so sure of it?  Would it be the one that the US, for instance, didn't ratify?

I don't know - you see, that's why I said that I was sure I had read it somewhere.

If I knew which one it was, (if it existed), then I would have quoted or "linked" it. I don't, so I didn't.

Is there one the US didn't ratify then?

And what is the explanation for denying him the use of shoes, even simple flip flops?

BTW in the BBC video he looks very unwell, and clutches his stomach as if in pain in one of the last clips  ????

I'd be curious to know how many prisoners have every taken flight while at a courthouse  surrounded by officers etc.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:49 AM, rkidlad said:

Yea, seems to be less of a worry when the rich are accused (or even convicted) of crimes. 

Yep, even allowed to visit the bathroom and walk out the door, flee the country and more.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 12:48 PM, colinneil said:

Prison warden your full it sh++e, he was shackled for 1 reason only..... To humiliate him, show him we can do what we want, pathetic, why are you and others like you trying to take Thailand back to the dark ages?

Typical behaviour of f xxxig brainless cretins, had he been on the red balls team of athletes he would already be heading home to Aus. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, Just Weird said:

Why are you telling me that?  My post was a question to tomta about a newspaper's name.

I was replying to your post with the quote from tomta.  When my post appeared it only quoted your contribution without tamda's post. 

I have posted below what I thought I was posting originally.  I hope that is now clear to you.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:35 PM, tomta said:

An intriguing aspect of this is that in its initial photo of Hakeem the newspaper that can't be mentioned here photoshopped (very poorly) out the shackles. 

• Confused 1