Clock Ticking On Junta Party’s PM Offer To Prayuth

webfact

3 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

So many stories we cannot comment on, so frustrating.

This is how the Thais live, gagged and muzzled.

We will learn more next week. The lady has not sang yet. It’s still a muddy and fluid scene leading to the election. We ain’t see nothing yet. 

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

This is a military state-totally discombobulated Thai apologist

Reach for another script you might find one handy-tho' you might find it a little dusty after four years of inconsequential blather..

More nonsense from you.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

We will learn more next week. The lady has not sang yet. It’s still a muddy and fluid scene leading to the election. We ain’t see nothing yet. 

Thanks Eric mabe there is hope, surly the obvious response from the establishment was factored in.

23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I guess mortals like us will never know the real story behind the genesis of the event. With the dust settle, how will this affect the election. 

For Thai Raksa, the overt endorsement will be a big boost for their election bids. Their supporters will be energized to come out to vote. Her endorsement may also attract some yellow shirts. Perhaps bit of good will spill over to Pheu Thai too. 

She is is well loved by the younger generation and has almost 31 m followers on social media. We can expect a big portion will follow her public party allegiance and vote. Bad news for junta parties. 

I am glad she got her speech out and not restricted by the junta. Her call for the common people was an indirect jab at the elitist and hard core yellow shirts. May shake things up there.

its has been a bad week for the junta and the public sentiment against them will go up several notches and right up to Election Day. As far as I see, junta political parties will be toast come Election Day. If he is lucky, he may still get a position with the Privy Council. 

Is there anything against her campaigning on behalf of the party that she supports. That 31 mil followers that she has will certainly help.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes. Two academic studies found that in fact the Democrats were MORE into vote-buying (if anything) than the Pheua Thai! I myself was told by a good Thai friend of mine (a life-long Democrat supporter) that he was offered money by the Dems to vote for them (in the last full election).

It happens on both sides. And it does not significantly affect the choice of party (in the voting booths) by the voters. They take the money - and vote for whomever they want, anyway.

Vote buying is norm in Thailand. Only a couple of years ago a lady candidate on Samui demanded a recount claiming corruption as she had paid for X number of votes but got only X- number at the ballot box.  How Thai is that .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I am with you Eric....I have a feeling this is not over yet....I don’t know what exactly but I just feel certain that there will be more suprises

30 minutes ago, poohy said:

It goes to show who is running the country 

Seems clear Its not the two persons in this story they are both only taking orders from other groups 

Yes. To my amazement, the press (abroad) are not saying a word about Mr. P.'s role in this - about his behaviour on that day. His behaviour and decision to stand AFTER THE BOMBSHELL HAD BEEN DROPPED are the key to the whole thing.

I think Thaksin has fallen into a cleverly laid trap. He was sincere in his intentions - but the junta had an even more cunning plan in place.

And just when we thought they were all complete cretins ...!

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1

Just now, Eligius said:

Yes. To my amazement, the press (abroad) are not saying a word about Mr. P.'s role in this - about his behaviour on that day. His behaviour and decision to stand AFTER THE BOMBSHELL HAD BEEN DROPPED are the key to the whole thing.

I think Thaksin has fallen into a cleverly laid trap. He was sincere in his intentions - but the junta had an even more cunning plan in place.

And just when we thought they were all complete cretins!

Who knows?

In the Land of Smoke and Mirrors you can put any spin on it that you might wish.

Occam's Razor is perfectly blunt when it comes to the inscrutable East...,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Who knows?

In the Land of Smoke and Mirrors you can put any spin on it that you might wish.

Occam's Razor is perfectly blunt when it comes to the inscrutable East...,

I am now convinced that Prayut KNEW what was eventually to be decided that day. There is no way on God's earth that this man - who cannot even brook a word of mild opposition or even hint at loss of face - would have rushed headlong into a contest that the entire cosmos knew he now could NOT win (given the bombshell news).

NO WAY would he have hurried forward to lose more face than the moon hides on its dark side. No way would he have entered the fray at that very minute when he did not need to (he had not yet declared his candidacy).

HE KNEW WHAT WAS TO COME!

Edited by Eligius

12 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I am now convinced that Prayut KNEW what was eventually to be decided that day. There is no way on God's earth that this man - who cannot even brook a word of mild opposition or even hint at loss of face - would have rushed headlong into a contest that the entire cosmos knew he now could NOT win (given the bombshell news).

NO WAY would he have hurried forward to lose more face than the moon hides on its dark side. No way would he have entered the fray at that very minute when he did not need to (he had not yet announced his candidacy).

HE KNEW!

Of course..come dance the Tango with me in the Plaza Publico in Buenos Aires..

We will smirk together in the moonlight..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bowerboy said:

This article just felt like a lot of meaningless waffle about who is who in the army...lacked analysis or insight

To form reasonable insights, we first need to be in possession of the facts. Chamber lays them out for us. He's in Thailand so he has to tread carefully. And more than just the powerplays in the army, he points to the resumption of the crown lands around the Dusit area - the racecourse, the zoo and the two rajahbat universities. This has received very little play in the Thai mass media for obvious reasons but not much even in the more openly critical banned media. I'm  not in Thailand so I don't know whether it's a subject of furtive conversation or not.. But I think of the public reaction if the Victorian government closed down and took over Flemington Racecourse, the Royal Melbourne Zoo and the Victoria University. Reaction would be absolutely massive. I'm sure people can imagine the same situation in their own home towns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

And just when we thought they were all complete cretins ...!

As the dust settles and people are giving it more thought , a lot have independently come to the same conclusion.

So what comes next ? Seems pretty likely that Thai Raksa Chart will soon be burnt toast.

I wonder if Future Forward will also gain from this. Certainly hope so , not withstanding that the result is as done a deal as can be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest from the very same source that very first leaked this story on Wednesday:

”Removed to be safe”

Remeber this is the same source that first broke the original story that no one believed.

Edited by bowerboy
Safety
  • Like 2