How Much Leeway is allowed for 90 Day Reporting

My next 90 day report falls on a Sunday.  I will of course, plan to do it on the Friday before, but what if something happens and I am a day late, or even 2. I can't do it any other day but the Friday of the week before.  Is that acceptable?  I report to Jomtien Immigration office. 

49 minutes ago, elviajero said:

But you can only report ONLINE from day 76 to 83. An 8 day window.

That's helpful to know, thanks. I thought you could report online up to the 90th day. I had a similar question to the person who started this thread, so I'm glad I found it.

• Like 1

Hi, could somebody provide the link where you do your 90 reporting for your retirement visa online? The page I found says "Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days". Is that the page you report on, because it does not ask for your address. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, elviajero said:

But you can only report ONLINE from day 76 to 83. An 8 day window.

Any idea what happens if you are just a day or two early, ie day 75 say? I may have got my maths wrong, or it may have been because it was a Sunday. Just getting fed up of wasting my time trying to use the facility to be told to go to the office (Jomtiem). For sure the passport has been used to enter Thailand already!!

Edited by jacko45k

Probably office/agent dependent.

At Chaeng Watthana I mistakenly reported a good ~ 30 days early - confusion on my part, responded to an automated calendar entry/reminder while forgetting I had an unplanned intl trip in the meantime  - the agent mentioned that, but she accepted the 90-day report.

Edited by mtls2005

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Probably office/agent dependent.

At Chaeng Watthana I mistakenly reported a good ~ 30 days early - confusion on my part, responded to an automated calendar entry/reminder while forgetting I had an unplanned intl trip in the meantime  - the agent mentioned that, but she accepted the 90-day report.

Well I meant online actually but thanks for taking the time. I will give it another go later today and if that fails it is off to the office in a week or two. Not had much luck with the online 90 day reporting (Jomtiem), numerous failed attempts and one that seemed to be logged went without response so I cancelled it. 

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I meant online actually but thanks for taking the time.

Sorry for any confusion. Meant to "quote" the OP, and not you.

I did apply one day early online and received a REJECTION notice. I simply miscounted the days. I applied the next day and received an ACCEPTANCE notice, within a few hours.

I don't think there is any leeway in the Online Reporting system.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Any idea what happens if you are just a day or two early, ie day 75 say? I may have got my maths wrong, or it may have been because it was a Sunday. Just getting fed up of wasting my time trying to use the facility to be told to go to the office (Jomtiem). For sure the passport has been used to enter Thailand already!!

You could do the application but the office your report goes to could disapprove it for doing it to early or to late.

If getting the message to contact your local immigration office is simply means your record cannot be found. Other than having an old entry (pre 2013) or a new passport it is typically and error made while completing the required fields marked with a * on page one.

Some have tried and tried but kept getting the message because their apparently was an error in the info from the last entry to the country. After a new entry they were then able to do it.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

If you found said page via the following link then it is the one which you should, indeed, use:-

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

many thanks for the link, just completed the form, very easy.  I now have a pending notice.  Has saved me a lot of hassle. 

probably a silly question, but if you have a 'pending' from an online report and don't get an acceptance approval by the due date for your 90 day reporting, what is the procedure then?  Do you have to report to immigration before the due date, or within the 7 day window, I presume so?  

Edited by Pilotman

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Do you have to report to immigration before the due date, or within the 7 day window,

Within the 7 days after the report date that is allowed. Not the 7 days before for the online reporting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Within the 7 days after the report date that is allowed. Not the 7 days before for the online reporting.

I was one day late last year due to a Sunday but the IO demanded Bht1000 at a Cambodian crossing at Sisaket. When i tried to talk with him, he just said "No Bht 1000" holding out his hand.

13 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I was one day late last year due to a Sunday but the IO demanded Bht1000 at a Cambodian crossing at Sisaket. When i tried to talk with him, he just said "No Bht 1000" holding out his hand.

I wasn't aware that you could make 90 day reports at a border crossing.

16 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I think you are confusing being late for a 90 day report with overstaying your permit to stay.

If you overstayed for one day you would be fined 500 baht and a 2 day 1000 baht since there is no grace period for it.

30 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I was charged 2000 baht (1000 if no receipt issued) for reporting on day 92 so I don't understand this 7 day grace period.....although of course it may be just my local immigration padding their salaries a bit.

You were ripped off. A report is not late on day 92 so they cannot lawfully charge you for a late report.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If getting the message to contact your local immigration office is simply means your record cannot be found. Other than having an old entry (pre 2013) or a new passport it is typically and error made while completing the required fields marked with a * on page one.

Some have tried and tried but kept getting the message because their apparently was an error in the info from the last entry to the country. After a new entry they were then able to do it.

It seemed to work fine at 1pm and I am pretty sure I did nothing different. I get an impression something got turned on or reset after the weekend!

15 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Well that was easy.  My online 90 day report approval came through 2 hours ago, less than one working day. Thanks all for the advice, but online seems to be the easy way to go in future. 

Same same, once I got it to work about 1pm, approval came in about 4.30pm. I may be wrong here but attempting to do it online may be problematic at weekends or too early on a Monday.