Direct Deposit account in Bangkok Bank, NY

3 hours ago, pizzachang said:

Since I'm using a non - O, I think my requirement is 40K per month.  My S.S. pension alone covers that. I also have a PERS pension. 

By PERS, if you mean CalPERS...

1. they have a specific rule against direct depositing their pension checks to any location outside the U.S.

2. they're a state entity, not a federal one, so I'm not even sure that you could sign up for a Social Security flavor direct deposit to BKKB NY from them via BKK Bank.

BKK Bank's direct deposit system has a provision to allow for "private" entity direct deposits, meaning coming from other than federal payors. But if you read the details, it pretty clearly means you'd be clearly telling CalPERS that their payment is going to Thailand, albeit thru the NY branch as an intermediary. I'm doubtful CalPERS would accept that, considering their prohibition on making direct deposits to foreign accounts.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

Include your name and physical address in Thailand;,your bank account number and the name and address of your Bangkok Bank Branch in Thailand;  and the 9-digit routing number 026008691 of Bangkok Bank New York  Branch in your Direct Deposit Signup Form.

Indicate the Routing Number 026008691 of Bangkok Bank’s branch in New York and your account number with Bangkok Bank in Thailand on your “Authorization Agreement for Automatic Deposits (ACH Credits)” form or “Related Direct Deposit” form.

Submit the form with the required information such as your Identity Card or Social Security Card, or evidence of your right to receive the payments from the company, together with Bangkok Bank’s Reference Letter. Mail the signed form to the US company asking it to approve the request and initiate direct deposits into your account.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

19 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

The relevant agency is the Treasury Department and I filled and submitted the change of direct deposit form on their website. 

If you provided a US address and deposit to a US address suspect they will be using domestic ACH transfer system and it will be rejected by Bangkok Bank New York (unless they obtain an extension - which they are trying to do).  

You are supposed to use Manila per below US Embassy notice:

Effective October 1, 2017, all inquiries or questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA) will be centralized to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU).

If you are living in Thailand, you MUST contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines directly.

The SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines is the regional office for East-Asia Pacific countries.

EAP Regional SSA Contact information:

Social Security Administration
U.S. Embassy Manila
1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita
Manila, Philippines 0930

Tel: (+ 63 2) 301-2000 ext. 9
Fax: (+ 63 2)708-9723/ (+63 2)708-9714
E-mail: [email protected]
http://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen -services/social-security/ 

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Lopburi, what are you referencing above?  Have I missed something re the status of BKKB and their April 1 cutoff date for domestic ACHs?

They are trying to get the April 1 deadline extended from some reports on forum - but just a hope at this point (but one I hope happens for everyone's sake).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, riclag said:

What happens to BKK BK NY after April 1st 2019 ? Do they cease to exist or what!

They will still be there.

They will still have thousands of transfers coming in every month that will be in the IAT format.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Sorry if this question isn't directly involved with the topic
What happens to BKK BK NY after April 1st 2019 ? Do they cease to exist or what!

Bangkok Bank New York branch is a "wholesale/corporate" bank.  While no business likes to lose business/fees, the flow-thru of ACH payments from the common-man is a very small part of their business.   Plus, ACH payments/transfers done in ACH "IAT" format will continue to work.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/International-Banking/Europe-and-North-America/United-States-Business-Banking

image.png.63bd23b3edba0bf180030e236cdee5f0.png