Are they all like that...no concept of money management?

Elizway

I though i was bad at money management but these girls are on a whole another level!

If she only has $1000 to her name, and next week she has to pay rent, and rent is $700, and she could easily live on $300 a week...she's spending from that $1000 like she got $10,000. Rent day she got $0. 

Is it cultural? What is the thought process?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pravda said:

f that's really the case then why a husband needs to pay sinsod and take care of future?

Everything is subject to interpretation according to the situation.

It seems that even in the West things change, at least for some.

I am 70, and was teached :

" Spare a Frank ( Belgium money before Euro ) as you don't know what will happen tomorrow "

Now it is often :

" Spend an Euro as you don't know what will happen tomorrow"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Elizway said:

I though i was bad at money management but these girls are on a whole another level!

If she only has $1000 to her name,

You talk about some woman in USA, some Thai women can be like that to with 30,000 baht. ????

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

There is no thought process.

In the western world all the people who didn't plan ahead froze or starved in the winter.

In tropical countries it's never cold, and food grows in the jungle all year round.

It's an inherited characteristic.

many will say this is racist but there is likely some truth to it.  why plan food stocks when you can simply walk into the jungle and pick fruit year round?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

many will say this is racist but there is likely some truth to it.  why plan food stocks when you can simply walk into the jungle and pick fruit year round?

Naw, that's hard work and it's too hot, or raining.  

Easier to enter the market jungle where everything grows in plastic carrier bags of various sizes.

• Like 1

My wife manages money very wisely.  She has degrees in engineering and accounting (not hi so degrees but working degrees).  Normal men don't have your problem.  Are you guys all like that?  Seems like on TV there are a higher than average amount of men with problems. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

My wife manages money very wisely.  She has degrees in engineering and accounting (not hi so degrees but working degrees).  Normal men don't have your problem.  Are you guys all like that?  Seems like on TV there are a higher than average amount of men with problems. 

The one im talking about has a Masters from a university in the US - and i good one at that.

1 minute ago, Elizway said:

The one im talking about has a Masters from a university in the US - and i good one at that.

A degree in what?  If it is a trivial degree like marketing or interior design and the lady has never worked in management what do you expect?  I married a woman from Michigan who had a MA in Fine Arts.  Crazy idea.  The lady never did an honest days work in her life.  People here have a bad case of Western Xenophobia.  Thai women are just like women anywhere.  Frugal people and people who are spendthrifts.  The difference is they men here have had little experience with relationships and don't know how to find a wife who will help and not hinder the marriage.

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Not all. I have 1 staff who is so tight that she makes tightest cheap Charlie look good.

she would not spend a baht on anything , she has over 300000 baht in the bank , land worth 6 million and not only she cries “no money “ on daily basis but will not go buy new T-shirt for more than 50 baht .

i think all depends on how easy money is made . Those who work hard try to save as much as possibly and those for whom money comes easy, just do not think or care

PS. Her kids are not different. Youngest daughter, 18 years old, over 150000 saved up and would not buy chicken rice, asks mum to buy her food.

Just love the way people bandy about their finances...Ive always found those that brag about their wealth are full of sihte and aint got two happenies to rub together...probably why they buy 50 baht shirts as are potless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There is no thought process.

In the western world all the people who didn't plan ahead froze or starved in the winter.

In tropical countries it's never cold, and food grows in the jungle all year round.

It's an inherited characteristic.

Wow, that's what I was thinking too. So over the generations they never really experienced real famine. May be the canal or the ponds dried up and they had no fish for quite a while and when the rain came the ponds and canals were replenished with fishes again. They probably grew thin but they didn't die so that didn't make them wanted to save anything just in case. It just didn't register in the brain. The food shortage was not strong or bad enough to cause them to save for the future.

Like the Muslims don't eat pork probably because some swine diseases killed almost all the tribes. The situation must be really serious for them to say that God forbid the eating of this dirty animal.

Unless some serious famine happened over the generations their brains don't record anything life threatening so they merrily go on enjoying till all the money are gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beatriz said:

Wow, that's what I was thinking too. So over the generations they never really experienced real famine. May be the canal or the ponds dried up and they had no fish for quite a while and when the rain came the ponds and canals were replenished with fishes again. They probably grew thin but they didn't die so that didn't make them wanted to save anything just in case. It just didn't register in the brain. The food shortage was not strong or bad enough to cause them to save for the future.

Like the Jews and Muslims don't eat pork probably because some swine diseases killed almost all the tribes. The situation must be really serious for them to say that God forbid the eating of this dirty animal.

Unless some serious famine happened over the generations their brains don't record anything life threatening so they merrily go on enjoying till all the money are gone.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I just chose the ones with nice tits, no waiting for me at bedtime.

Nothing turns off your libido faster than nightly accounting. Hair curlers and face lotion a close second. Never understood why women put on their best look for others and look their worst come bedtime. To scare the shit out of their partners? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Nothing turns off your libido faster than nightly accounting. Hair curlers and face lotion a close second. Never understood why women put on their best look for others and look their worst come bedtime. To scare the shit out of their partners? 

I'm thinking hyper-gamy, women are programmed to breed with an assortment of men (genetic diversity).

So they will be discouraging the man at home from having sex with them, while encouraging all other comers.

It's so 'in their nature', most of them don't even know why they are doing it.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

A degree in what?  If it is a trivial degree like marketing or interior design and the lady has never worked in management what do you expect?  I married a woman from Michigan who had a MA in Fine Arts.  Crazy idea.  The lady never did an honest days work in her life.  People here have a bad case of Western Xenophobia.  Thai women are just like women anywhere.  Frugal people and people who are spendthrifts.  The difference is they men here have had little experience with relationships and don't know how to find a wife who will help and not hinder the marriage.

You meant they find their wives using their small head instead. 

39 minutes ago, Beatriz said:

Like the Muslims don't eat pork probably because some swine diseases killed almost all the tribes. The situation must be really serious for them to say that God forbid the eating of this dirty animal.

Maybe they do not need to plan for their resources. Close extended family can help. If worse come to worst, they can always count upon their last resource and latch upon some clueless farang. 

• Like 1

Everything is shared among friends here , if one gets 1000 Baht , they will buy food for everyone , and the next day , another person with a 1000 Baht will buy food for everyone , so, theres no need to save any money for the next day .

If I have 10 000 Baht in my pocket , my Thai friends would be like "Lets go out and spend it all" , and I have to explain that thats got to last me the week .

Its OK for them, they all have friends and family they can "borrow" from , I dont .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm thinking hyper-gamy, women are programmed to breed with an assortment of men (genetic diversity).

So they will be discouraging the man at home from having sex with them, while encouraging all other comers.

It's so 'in their nature', most of them don't even know why they are doing it.

You going on about sex again !!!!!!!!!