Trump says 'my friend Kim' has great opportunity at second summit

webfact

Are those the only two choices? I think not. 
I'm happy an American president is talking to the NK dictator. 
I think this particular American president is a clown, a fool, a con man, massively criminally corrupt, and no I don't trust him to make a good deal with NK or anyone else.
He sells himself as a great negotiator. He's actually crap at it.

Great to hear your next dumptruck of opinion. So, can you propose what you would do? You have lots of opinions, none backed by fact, but you seem to wander off the farm when asked about what solutions you would propose.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Are those the only two choices? I think not. 

I'm happy an American president is talking to the NK dictator. 

I think this particular American president is a clown, a fool, a con man, massively criminally corrupt, and no I don't trust him to make a good deal with NK or anyone else.

He sells himself as a great negotiator. He's actually crap at it.

I think this is the crux of it. Of course we are happy that the conflict is currently diffused. And, Trump, though acting in his own self interests and kicking the can down the road to get higher ratings, has achieved that. And, yes, he is all those things you mention. But, he is close to self-destructing anyway witness the Cohen hearing today, the Muller investigation, and others, and this will play out naturally.

In the end, perhaps his only legacy will be that he temporarily diffused the N. Korea threat, and that is something palpable.

• Like 1

No I didn't forget his insane rhetoric before that pushed Kim into wacky action. Of course 45 is counting on the attention span of American voters to be about five minutes, and based on the fact that he managed to get sort of elected in the first place, he's not wrong about that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

Use a real source, not a communist rag like NPR.

In the real world they’re called war games. Always have been always will be. No brass will call a war game a “military preparedness exercise” because that’s boring as hell and doesn’t fire the grunts up.

Onto your next misplaced point, the IAEA and various nations have already been invited to witness and participate in the dismantlement. UNSC opening liaison offices. It’s going just fine, and the UN also backs up this assertion. Blindly claiming “Trump is a fool for negotiating with this premiere nuclear terrorist state on ambivalent terms” just shows your jingoism and inability to pragmatically solve such a situation that was allowed by our corrupt government. Would you prefer they keep winding up more bombs, and hoping “harmless military exercises” makes them feel like there is no impending threat to survival?

No one in the military would use the word 'games', it is a term used by the Press

'Exercise' is the recognised term, at least within NATO.

• Thanks 2

Whatever, dude.

Thanks for your great contribution to the subject at hand. Admitting defeat and running away is exactly why people like yourself allowed such a nuclear hotbox to be created in the first place. Nothing but anger, hostility, and divisiveness. No wonder the world is at this state of near total chaos now. [emoji23]

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You totally miss the point. Even the continuous backstabbing did not stop him from all the amazing achievements he keeps making. This Vietnam meet, the second summit of Trump/Kim was totally unimaginable under 44. Like it or not, Trump is a hero, Just look at Kim. He is clearly in awe of Trump. These are historic times, one President achieving more greatness than the last half dozen combined and in his first 2 years. Just amazing.

I expect on his way hope he will stop by and sprinkle some much needed magic on India/Paksitan. He has the Midas touch. 

I do admit he is untouchable. He is the slimiest creature and the slime just keeps sliding off his back, so my hat's off to him for that. I can't think of a more base creature than Trump so calling him great doesn't really work with my vocabulary. Your hero is soon to be disgraced and stain the Presidential seal forever. Big time...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jamesy9368 said:

I love all the people with TDS here all saying Trumps a clown evil etc. If I recall the 2 Bushes Clinton saint Obama the UN the EU etc were trying to keep North Korea from having nuclear weapons. Tell me all the Trump haters how that worked out.

It is of coarse no accident that Vietnam was chosen for this meeting Trump showing Kim what a communist country can achieve and still retain control because that is what Kim wants.

Everyone else wants the nuclear weapons gone. But lets not try something different because all the Trump haters like Empire star Jussie Smollett another clown and liar knows best right.

Nice twist.  Ignores the fact that  an attempt to control and dictate a political philosophy based on propaganda and militarized objective  failed for the US yet again in Vietnam but at that time eventuated in a situation where self  determination assisted  by compromise to  global reality now reigns. That in  contrast  in real terms to the US where the  proclaimed iconic illusion of  democratic process is being  seen to be  another thing altogether.

"KImmy" is  undoubtably  well counseled  by the Chinese regime where in real terms  " Communism" is long dead but  " control"  primarily in self interest is paramount.

Where/which country demonstrates  anything different politically?

In established  "democratic" systems  the  voters  choice is effectively  limited to the  wealthy or agents of established by the purchase  of votes via propaganda, populist  promise, manipulation of electoral process, or outright  corruption and  bullshit.

In  dictated systems in effect the  outcome is not  much different.

In the interest of self  preservation accords can be pronounced to perpetuate positions for reason/purpose little  different to  the above.

The outcome is no different other than on the measure of acceptance by the  majority of the populace in status  quo survival at  minimum. Anything derived  that is more than that is welcomed and lauded as success by........political intervention. 

Power is dictated  by wealth. If  all people  were rich where would the power be?

Even in an "enclosed " dictatorial " state  in relative  terms  that does  not change.

" Friend "  Kim  is  playing the  game well in  light  of  global  perspectives.

"Fiend" Trump  thinks  he is ahead of the  game.

Who  has  more time?

34 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

are you off your medicine ?

Haha, great debating. A one of many no come back phrases.

Much like in an argument I was having with a chap. He threw a rippa at me. He said "your mom."

What was I to say, gosh all mighty?