Elite Visa after overstay

4 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

well i find it very hard to believe they still have data going back to the 90s and can/would use it against us now.

Thai governments have not been known for updating to the latest cutting edge technology,

and Of course its just another opinion,

but to say they have info on every single tourist since the late 80s sounds a bit like fiction to me.

I am just coming back from the immigration office and I can confirm that their database goes back at least 20 years. 

The IO asked my wife how long I had been here, then hit a few keys and it was all there, in a few seconds... every single move... where in Thailand and when... 

I don't how far back it goes, but at least 20 years for sure... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mokwit said:

Is this date 2012 pertinent to this particular traveler or do you think that date applies to everyone  - i.e. the year of database implementation?

It was what I was shown...   I was in a bar with my friend when this topic came up. He checked with his colleagues (*Immi officers) and they sent him some LINE Photos of my Immigration history (3 pages / screens worth if I remember correctly). My friend had proved his point, they had details on everything and could access them from anywhere (albeit via an unofficial channel... i.e. asking their on-duty colleagues to send them details of someone’s status via a line message / photo)... 

Perhaps my info goes back further, I have no idea, we then carried on drinking and discussing other things... 

Does the logged information include overstays? There were foms filled out when I had my last overstay in 2012 but he wasn't using a computer as far as I can remember.

Of course the data could have been entered by a different department the following day or something like that.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Does the logged information include overstays? There were foms filled out when I had my last overstay in 2012 but he wasn't using a computer as far as I can remember.

Of course the data could have been entered by a different department the following day or something like that.

It is difficult for those like myself who haven't overstayed to answer that question, but it seems that their database is quite extensive... 

On 3/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, Brunolem said:

It is difficult for those like myself who haven't overstayed to answer that question, but it seems that their database is quite extensive... 

If they won't allow people who have overstayed to renew the TE visa then I simply won't renew it until maybe they change the rules or perhaps never, I can get a retirement visa in a few years anyway.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:53 AM, tingtongtourist said:

This does answer many questions, you  got granted elite visa even with a few questionable things in your history.

But surely they will not reject the renewal if the visa already in your passport?

but who knows..they would be very poor sods if they did.

It looks more obvious now these IOs make a decision simply on a "whim" or at least using  some "case by case" strategy.

So, maybe you are Brit and happen to have a 1-2 overstay they might disregard by itself.

-But if have 1 day overstay, and happen to be the citizen (of say Nigeria) the officer have a "bad feeling" certainly he will reject.

anyway the rules always said, even if your granted a visa you can be denied entry by a individual officer anytime.

sad to say it, but the buck can stop with just 1 power tripper officer

who will have a bit of a beef against your nationality or skin colour or just dont like the look of you

From what some immi officer told me 1 day overstays often don't get logged into the immi database. 

Longer overstays do tho, makes sense tho as often flights are after midnight and many people mix up the return dates etc... 

Take it with a grain of salt... 

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

If they won't allow people who have overstayed to renew the TE visa then I simply won't renew it until maybe they change the rules or perhaps never, I can get a retirement visa in a few years anyway.

if contacting them now over a phone or in person with showing the details in the passport maybe they can give an answer and mention any changes they have been told and how it exactly affects past/present/future. This i am sure they know as this topic would have been exchanged many times recently with the increase of nationalist propaganda against foreigners and long term stayers and they  will be on friendly terms with immigration to know whats going with changes in the wind daily/weekly/monthly. Maybe in person you get a more clearer response, the one problem with call centers that they csn give an overall answer not an individual answer

• 1 month later...

Not sure where this all comes from and replying quite late but every person I know that decided to take a Thai Elite visa, got it really fast and without issues, all had overstay histories and dodgy visa deals, that is why they eventually changed. I can not imagine one to be refused only because of a few days left and right on overstay.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:37 PM, ukrules said:

I read somewhere that it refers to overstays within the last 3 years but I can't find where I read it.

Someone posted something about this in another thread elswhere on this forum, from memory they emailed TE directly and asked about it and the reply came back saying that they're checking for overstays within the last 3 years. I don't remember anything about just one overstay being tolerated, I thought it was no overstays.

The three years is mentioned on the TE application form. I have just submitted my application as a safety net in case I can’t find new employment before my current contract expires. I actually overstayed a couple of times in 2000 and 2001 so it could be that I am running the risk of refusal in case I apply. Does anyone have experience of being granted a TE visa after having overstayed long ago?

• Like 1

The three years is mentioned on the TE application form. I have just submitted my application as a safety net in case I can’t find new employment before my current contract expires. I actually overstayed a couple of times in 2000 and 2001 so it could be that I am running the risk of refusal in case I apply. Does anyone have experience of being granted a TE visa after having overstayed long ago?
I assume you have changed your passport since 2001. You would/should then have a new passport number which isn't attached\tracked to your old passport. So the overstays won't appear on your current passport arrival and departure date list. Maybe they can do a more detailed check but they will not.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Daryle said:

I assume you have changed your passport since 2001. You would/should then have a new passport number which isn't attached\tracked to your old passport. So the overstays won't appear on your current passport arrival and departure date list. Maybe they can do a more detailed check but they will not.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

For those who may be considering it:

Passports are linked with key data:

Name 

Country 

DOB

Place of Birth 

Passport number 

Photo 

When you enter Thailand on a new passport it will be linked to the old one - thats for fairly recent changes.

As you wrote, I doubt the record goes back to 2001.

• Like 1

There's no point worrying about it either way - they will either accept an application or not. Just fill the form in and send it off - it costs nothing to apply, you only need to submit payment once it's been accepted.

My current 5 year membership expires in June, I'm stamped in until April next year. Maybe I will renew it early next year, maybe not.

Edited by ukrules

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

For those who may be considering it:

Passports are linked with key data:

Name 

Country 

DOB

Place of Birth 

Passport number 

Photo 

When you enter Thailand on a new passport it will be linked to the old one - thats for fairly recent changes.

As you wrote, I doubt the record goes back to 2001.

Thanks for the thoughts. Reassuring. Actually since posting I found another thread which covers this subject and the OP mentioned that his final approval notification refers to overstays within the last three years ( same as the application form) whilst his initial approval didn’t specify the time range. I have been approved for numerous cat B  visas since my offenses so I have a good record and hopefully it won’t be a problem.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:53 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

It has nothing to do with 3 years. There is no time period mentioned when your asked 'Have you ever had overstay'? Your overstays and complete immigration history going back years and years are sitting on the immigration database.
If you have ever had overstay, it may come back at you sometime in the future for a whole host of reasons if and when they decide too look at it. You simply cannot hide anything anymore from immigration.

It says 3yrs

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 9:40 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

No because the reasons weren't given. Only the amount of new memberships, the profit and loss accounts and simple figure of 1600 denials of the visa.

1600 people were denied the visa? and lost money?