Retirement extension of stay using monthly transfers

Dave. When is your next extension. Reason for question is if you have time to change to money in bank method and have those funds, then until everything is clear, that is safest bet. 

I have read posts in threads where it has to be every month. Other threads different. How can it be EVERY month when some folk pensions are paid every fortnight. Just crazy situation from Thai imm

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I would if I were you.

Elvia.....what's your advice when for some reason the pension transfers or whatever source of income, falls short in any given month, you can deposit "extra funds" following month and all honky dory?

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Elvia.....what's your advice when for some reason the pension transfers or whatever source of income, falls short in any given month, you can deposit "extra funds" following month and all honky dory?

I would recommend every transfer is at least the 40K/65K min. That is meant to be your min income so it’s reasonable to expect immigration to expect to see at least that amount being transferred each month.

Hopefully immigration will apply some discretion, but it’s way to early for us to know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I would recommend every transfer is at least the 40K/65K min. That is meant to be your min income so it’s reasonable to expect immigration to expect to see at least that amount being transferred each month.

Hopefully immigration will apply some discretion, but it’s way to early for us to know.

It's when guys like yourself (experts, I mean that as compliment)..

State things like "way to early for us to know"....

If  you are not 100% then how are us mugs to know. That's partly why in few threads I have been suggesting bank method for those that meet requirements.

10 hours ago, DavetheGreek said:

I have been transfering a set amount each month into my Thai bank since January to cover my retirement extension. Unfortunately my transfer for March has arrived 1 day early on 28th February. Does this mean I will have to make an additional tranfer for March?

Probably not - if you're sure your next transfer will arrive in March then no problem. Trouble would only occur if it was the opposite way round, where a late transfer (arriving say 1st or 2nd of the month) resulted in no deposit at all being recorded for the previous calendar month. 

20 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Probably not - if you're sure your next transfer will arrive in March then no problem. Trouble would only occur if it was the opposite way round, where a late transfer (arriving say 1st or 2nd of the month) resulted in no deposit at all being recorded for the previous calendar month. 

As I wrote before I suspect he has not control over when his transfers come into the the country.

One month lost due a payment coming in early should not be a problem if shows they normally come into the country on the 1st of the month or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Why?

He apparently has his transfer coming in from a pension provider or such that came in a day early due to the way the dates fell this month.

He will be able to show a regular history of them coming in over a period of time and will prove he did not intentionally do it.

This is one of the main reasons I don't have my government pension and VA payments sent to Thailand. As an example, they were paid this month on the 28th. If the 1st of the month is on a weekend. Then the payments will be on the last day of the current month. That could mean 2 payments in one month.

1 hour ago, Longcut said:

This is one of the main reasons I don't have my government pension and VA payments sent to Thailand. As an example, they were paid this month on the 28th. If the 1st of the month is on a weekend. Then the payments will be on the last day of the current month. That could mean 2 payments in one month.

I am certain all immigration would have to do is look at your history of transfers if you had one come in early causing you to show 2 in a month and none the next.

In my case they come in on the 3rd normally and but I will get it today the 1st since the 3rd is on Sunday. I have one showing last year that came in on the 31st of August because the 3rd was labor day in the US. That means 2 in August and none in September. When I show a years worth in July or August when I do my extension I don't think I will have a problem since they will be able to see a history of over 2 years of them coming in every month in my bank book around the 3rd of the month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am certain all immigration would have to do is look at your history of transfers if you had one come in early causing you to show 2 in a month and none the next.

In my case they come in on the 3rd normally and but I will get it today the 1st since the 3rd is on Sunday. I have one showing last year that came in on the 31st of August because the 3rd was labor day in the US. That means 2 in August and none in September. When I show a years worth in July or August when I do my extension I don't think I will have a problem since they will be able to see a history of over 2 years of them coming in every month in my bank book around the 3rd of the month.

Let us know how you make out. Just hate to do it and find out TI isn't that accommodating. Good Luck.

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Surely he wants his next transfer to be in April, with two to show for February.

14 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Surely he wants his next transfer to be in April, with two to show for February.

Immigration has said previously that they want to see a transfer in each calendar month, so I'd think March. However, as has been mentioned transfer dates are likely out of his control, and immigration will presumably look at the overall picture. Assuming the transfers are regularly scheduled, the next payment almost certainly will be in March anyway, as 1st April is 33 days later than the previous transfer. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Assuming the transfers are regularly scheduled, the next payment almost certainly will be in March anyway, as 1st April is 33 days later than the previous transfer. 

I would say it is going to be in April since he has already gotten the one that would of normally arrived on the first of March.

• Like 1

Hi,

Sorry, slightly off subject, delete if needed.

Is it possible to send the THB800,000 in 4 X THB200,000 as long as the total is in the bank three months before applying?

Thank you

Edited by Treebeard

1 minute ago, Treebeard said:

Hi,

Sorry, slightly off subject, delete if needed.

Is it possible to send the THB800,000 in 4 X THB200,000 as long as the total is in the bank three months before applying?

Thank you

Yes, no issue. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why?

He apparently has his transfer coming in from a pension provider or such that came in a day early due to the way the dates fell this month.

He will be able to show a regular history of them coming in over a period of time and will prove he did not intentionally do it.

Because the option is new, states monthly income, and we have no precedent to judge how situations like this will be treated.

They currently deny an extension to someone that drops below 800K, even by a small amount, for a day or two; so it’s not a stretch to assume they will be as pedantic with the new proof of income. 

They are expecting to see transfers every month, so until we know otherwise that’s what I recommend people stick to.

Edited by elviajero

10 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They are expecting to see transfers ever month, so until we know otherwise that’s what I recommend people stick to.

As I wrote before it out of some peoples control as to when their funds come in if they are coming directly from the source of their income.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote before it out of some peoples control as to when their funds come in if they are coming directly from the source of their income.

I accept that, but I’m not the one you need to convince.

Hopefully common sense will prevail, but if I were in that position I’d - if possible - send an extra transfer to be safe.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 3:27 PM, lamyai3 said:

Immigration has said previously that they want to see a transfer in each calendar month, so I'd think March. However, as has been mentioned transfer dates are likely out of his control, and immigration will presumably look at the overall picture. Assuming the transfers are regularly scheduled, the next payment almost certainly will be in March anyway, as 1st April is 33 days later than the previous transfer. 

To help you plan for 2019, below is a list of the days you should expect to receive your retired or annuitant pay. Retired and annuitant pay is due on the first of the month. However, if the first falls on a weekend or holiday, retirees get paid on last business day of the prior month and annuitants get paid on the first business day of month. For example, payment to retirees for December 2018 will be paid on December 31, 2018. However, annuitants will be paid on January 2, 2019. Please see the chart for each month in 2019.

Entitlement Month Retired Pay Date Annuitant Pay Date
September 2018 October 1, 2018 October 1, 2018
October 2018 November 1, 2018 November 1, 2018
November 2018 November 30, 2018 December 3, 2018
December 2018 December 31, 2018 January 2, 2019
January 2019 February 1, 2019 February 1, 2019
February 2019 March 1, 2019 March 1, 2019
March 2019 April 1, 2019 April 1, 2019
April 2019 May 1, 2019 May 1, 2019
May 2019 May 31, 2019 June 3, 2019
June 2019 July 1, 2019 July 1, 2019
July 2019 August 1, 2019 August 1, 2019
August 2019 August 30, 2019 September 3, 2019
September 2019 October 1, 2019 October 1, 2019
October 2019 November 1, 2019 November 1, 2019
November 2019 November 29, 2019 December 2, 2019
December 2019 December 31, 2019 January 2, 2020

The obvious solution - as hinted at by one or two above - is to take control of your transfer dates yourself ie DIY!

My Oz superannuation is paid fortnightly into my bank account in Oz, and this is supplemented by a monthly drawdown from my investments which comes into my Oz account on the 20th of every month [unless the 20th is a holiday or weekend in which case it comes in the last business day before the 20th].

So, on or soon after the 20th each month, I do a transfer of 65K+ - now via TransferWise but used to be a SWIFT transfer - to my Thai account here in Surin. No sweat.

Edited by mfd101

If really have no control over when the auto deposits are made then you should have money in your home country bank to cover for a second transfer in the appropriate month. Until the new rules interpretations are tested and better defined do you really want to test the system yourself? How important is your next yearly extension to you?