The Vans challenge: Why people are throwing shoes on the floor in this new social media challenge

snoop1130

The Vans challenge: Why people are throwing shoes on the floor in this new social media challenge

by Megan C. Hills

dfgderfg.jpg

Image: screen grab from standard.co.uk

A bizarre new social media challenge has Twitter users taking off their shoes and filming themselves throwing them across the room.

The viral sensation has come to be known as the Vans challenge and started over the weekend, when one user pointed out that the famous skater brand’s trainers always seem to land the right way up.

Unlike the 10 year challenge earlier this year, there isn't a specific message behind this one (e.g. embracing the passing of time, or if you're Jessica Biel, somehow managing to look younger a decade on). 

On Saturday, a user called @Ibelievthehype posted a video of Vans thrown on the floor.

Full Story: https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/living/vans-challenge-throwing-shoes-twitter-meme-viral-a4082391.html

24 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The viral sensation has come to be known as the Vans challenge

First impression after glancing the headline were folk chucking Transit Van's around but after understanding what they're on about it simply confirms that some of these people live in a detached kindergarten of a world from which there is little hope of escape .. Sometimes as the Animal's once sang I'm inclined to think " we gotta get out of this place " ..

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, SammyT said:

This is literally the most pointless story I've ever read. 

Not quite. Another current internet 

' must try' is throwing cheese slices over a toddlers face to see the reaction.

9 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

Idiocracy....it's real!

For those that haven't heard of it, Idiocracy is a B grade campy movie that is a mirror of what's happening in today's society; basically humans dumbing down. First time I watched I couldn't make it through the whole movie, but after a few times it's unbelievable how the writers could see the future.

Just now, ross163103 said:

For those that haven't heard of it, Idiocracy is a B grade campy movie that is a mirror of what's happening in today's society; basically humans dumbing down. First time I watched I couldn't make it through the whole movie, but after a few times it's unbelievable how the writers could see the future.

Things like this have always happened though , a group of youngsters may be sitting in a room and one throws their shoe and to their amazement ,  it lands the right way up .

The other kids then try it and it works for them as well .

Things like this have always happened , but , previously it would just be between the group of friends in a room, these days , its World headline news !!!!!!!!!