Motorcyclist crushed under turning truck

webfact

Stevenl  no, i was2/3 rd into the left turn indicator active and had checked n/s mirror prior to start of manoeuvre, all clear so proceed then bang and bodies flying through the air, witness to confirm to police she came at speed from his iffside and cut in front of him, it was the police who asked did she not see blinker and her comment was, no because her friend was sat on the front blanked out my car from her vision, for your ref they caught my car just behind the rear wheel virtually square on. 

i have been awarded  from her parents 2500 bt which will not cover it but there is a positive here that this young girl with tarmac burns over her arms and face will for sure think a bit when she gets back on her motorcycle because i could see in her face through the blood " it hurt"

Interesting to see that there even are westerners that gets so frustrated from being stuck in traffic and arriving later to their destination than a 100cc motobike. 

Motorbikes should always try and stick to the left, if there is room on the left for the bikes to pass slow moving traffic they are supposed to do that. 

Ofcourse if a car is indicating that they are soon to turn left then the bike should let it do so. However most people with vechiles in Thailand doesn't indicate ahead, they indicate the same moment they start turning. 

Using indicators the wrong way/ignoring other people's indicators and speeding probaly make up for 80-90‰ of road accidents in Thailand. 

Edited by Okis
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 10:16 AM, steve187 said:

the only way to curb the death rate something like 24,000 killed each year, is for tough traffic enforcement, and to catch the riders at an early age, on their journeys to and from school, seize bikes and keep for a period of time.

i also see foreigners who have adapted to the Thai way of riding m/cycles, no helmet, more than 2 on a bike squeezing between 2 moving vehicle, becoming the meat in a sandwich, must of left their brain at the airport immigration counter.

I had 3 kids pass me on a motorbike on the right side. I had been on the line signaling a right turn and waiting for traffic to pass so I could turn. Fortunately I saw them passing in my rear view mirror. There was plenty of room on the left side to pass. Now I have a dash cam.