Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

A heart attack with two BG's on the job down Soi 6, has got to be the best way to go. 

I Love Thailand. :thumbsup:

Given the publicity that a Farang death gets, a heart attack with two ladyboys on the job down Soi 6/1, has got to be the worst way to go.

2 degrees of separation.

3 hours ago, fisherd3 said:

My father died of cancer of the oesophagus he told me 'You don't recover from this' . He was in England N.H.S. etc , he died Insurance was completey irrelevant he died.

Bangkok Hospital Rayong charges 34,000 thb for 1st shot in Rabies course of injections , I wonder how much they charge for Cancer of the throat ?

Wrap an insurance policy around that.

Forget writing about insurance all day.

Your father was stating a fact. Sorry to hear that. And that’s why people should be a bit more guarded with their comments, if they consider themselves decent human beings. 

10 hours ago, wisperone said:

And what about people with pre existing conditions? Insurance companies going to blanket cover everyone? Doubt it. Then they would have to increase the cost so much for everyone. Are you going to see people with pec flocking to Thailand to get in on the visa insurance so they can get coverage that they normally wouldn't be able to get? And if the limits are set low, well most of those hospital visits could be covered oop anyway. 

3 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

Am I the only one who gets tired of these idiots that don't take care of themselves. Did they all hang on to mommy too long. Bullshit if you are stupid. Live, or die with it.

Exactly........deal with it.

The ones that come here and try living on 300 BHAT a day.......annoy me.

jus sayin

19 hours ago, randy723 said:

I may be wrong but after being a policeman for 28 years I have seen it all and I think the man is trying to pull a con job on us expats. this is not the first time he has tried to get money from us.

The GFM target is $5,000. You meant the man’s dignity is worth that much only? 

22 hours ago, connda said:

Yeah we know.  There are about 10% of the TV community who are "holier than thou", compassionateless jerks can't get enough of telling everyone else how better off they are than everyone else and how those who are not wealthy would be better off simply flying off a building in Pattaya then asking for money via GoFundMe.  Have any of you heartless people ever considered that the Go Fund Me community is made up of compassionate humans who have empathy of others, who believe in the saying that, "There but for the grace of God go I?" 

Not necessarily so...many of these utubers are total flakes. Living off of utube. Ha! 

This guy and his ilk are always trying to ponce off others via YouTube. 

Free hotels, restaraunts,  beer, cash, you name it.

Thailand Rob is the worst, followed by this guy.

Charlatans the lot of them.

• Like 1

Why is this even a news story ?  

I have not clicked on any of his videos , he is getting all the help here to get more subscribers to his channel. 

What about a work permit? Living in Thailand and receiving money from Youtube work was illegal last time I checked. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blookhead57 said:

i have a question is Kev a smoker? looking at what look likes tar/nicotine stains on his bottom teeth. Everyone knows the risks of smoking. just look at the Thai cigaret packets.

????

16 hours ago, Jim P said:

Because he has been out of the country 4 years and is not eligible for NHS treatment without going private, which will probably cost him double again, jeez do people just get up and go and not research this stuff, pure ignorant. The treatment he will get Thailand will be just as good if not better than UK.

As I said, cost means nothing. To me anyway. This is his life at stake. 

I did not even know people thought Thai medical was on par with top countries. To me that would be like saying Thai golfers are "just as good" as USA golfers. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

As I said, cost means nothing. To me anyway. This is his life at stake. 

I did not even know people thought Thai medical was on par with top countries. To me that would be like saying Thai golfers are "just as good" as USA golfers. 

Some are considerably better ... Tiger Woods has Thai blood running through his veins on the mother’s side?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

Why is this even a news story ?  

I have not clicked on any of his videos , he is getting all the help here to get more subscribers to his channel. 

What about a work permit? Living in Thailand and receiving money from Youtube work was illegal last time I checked. 

Yes, because no one ever breaks the rules in Thailand, especially not the authorities?

4 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Exactly........deal with it.

The ones that come here and try living on 300 BHAT a day.......annoy me.

jus sayin

Since a stopped clock is right twice a day, I would guess that there is someone on this forum who spends the same amount of time per day as you do commiserating over how much money a person must live on and how annoyed they are about it....... Just Saying!

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Some are considerably better ... Tiger Woods has Thai blood running through his veins on the mother’s side?

That seems to assume athlete (or doctor) skill level is attributed to genes. I would say genes are more or less a level playing field between countries (although some countries have many more people which is an obvious advantage).

I do not think it is too big a leap to say in Tiger Woods' case that it was much more about his environment that made him great. 

It is an interesting topic though. I only brought it up because I think it it easier to see skill levels between athletes when compared to doctors. And again, I am betting the overall skill levels of the top doctors in both countries more or less follows the patterns of each countrie's athletes. 

5 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

That seems to assume athlete (or doctor) skill level is attributed to genes. I would say genes are more or less a level playing field between countries (although some countries have many more people which is an obvious advantage).

I do not think it is too big a leap to say in Tiger Woods' case that it was much more about his environment that made him great. 

It is an interesting topic though. I only brought it up because I think it it easier to see skill levels between athletes when compared to doctors. And again, I am betting the overall skill levels of the top doctors in both countries more or less follows the patterns of each countrie's athletes. 

Have you ever had treatment in a UK NHS hospital?

2 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

I was musing on this subject the other day. No matter how much training I put in as a youngster, Usain Bolt could do no training at all, and crush me at 100m ... but I’m definitely a better football (soccer) player than he’ll ever be (I’ve seen him play). We all have a physical potential, and can get better with practice, but in sports at the top level genetics wins the day. Aamir Khan is a great boxer, incredibly skilful, but he has a weak jaw and gets knocked out easily. No training can help him with that. 

I’m sure there are a few world class Thai medics, they are particularly good in the area of transgender surgery (they get a lot of practice) but in general they can’t match up to US healthcare ... as you will have more world class surgeons, not to mention enormous R&D in healthcare.

• Like 1

I am quite allergic to such retarded cheap charlies like the “kev & the other idiot from Kamala in Phuket”
The one that opened the “go fund me” for the bigmouth that’s now in Pattaya-Bangkok hospital is “ 20 seconds in Thailand” owner of that youtube channel.
By the way, he’s also a constant beggar, begging for his supposed bar women that had some kind of problem in her eyes, another had another medical condition and so on.
He has that youtube channel that doesn’t bring him even 5000 thb/month.
Then he opened a PATREON account and he’s living in Thailand with the money of the lads supporting him. A real monguer, like the other one “ Sunny”.
But for this Kev’ I dont know how he can say his cancer is not liked with the cigarettes he smokes and the alcohol he drinks!!!
That prick has a Ford Ranger new, and properties in Spain plus a good stash of cash, now let him show how generous he is paying for himself and his treatment... the supposed fiancée didn’t even pay him a visit at hospital since he’s admitted there.
That tells much about what kind of lad he’s and about the kind of “ madam his gf is...”[emoji23]
But RECOVER SOON KEV’3f172e35-339c-4897-8f61-c12244c33a83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes man !
Me too. I don’t understand a s**t of what he talks in his vdos. I think that lad has a too bigger mouth compared to the rest of his head ...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
He should better go to an orthophonist to learn how to talk prior to post vdo’s on YT ( giving the expats his advices)[emoji41][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]????

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jim P said:

Have you ever had treatment in a UK NHS hospital?

I do not even know what an nhs hospital is. I am still betting the care is better though. But you are right, being inexperienced on the matter i could be wrong. I know for a fact i would head back to the usa for cancer treatment, and i would do anything i could to force any loved ones or friends to do the same - even if i "had to pay double" as someone noted. 

Are you betting nhs care is better, the same or worse than thai care when it comes to cancer?

Edited by direction BANGKOK

22 hours ago, Teee said:

Take note...The Tax you pay in UK on your earnings does not pay for your healthcare.

National Insurance Contributions pay for NHS and your State Pension.

To enable a FULL State Pension you have to be contributing for xxx number of years.

Any years missed you can make a payment.

If you have made Contributions then you are entitled to NHS.

The rules slightly changed 2 years ago that you have to be registered with a Dr. As i have already said...Drs do not write to you asking you to confirm if you still want to stay registered with them.

Therefore even if someone has lived in another country for xx years they should still have a Dr.

That use to be the case in Oz too.  Now you have to reside in Oz for two years before getting portability.  I. E.   home detention before you can take your pension overseas.  Don't be surprised when the UK do something similar. 

• Confused 1