Video: Popular British YouTuber in Thailand diagnosed with cancer but has no insurance

webfact

22 hours ago, simon43 said:

(Sigh) Sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with total morons on this forum....

There is plenty of 'treatment' for Dengue, such as drinking plenty of liquids, bed-rest, IV liquids etc. I felt like <deleted> and to minimise the risk of dengue hemorrhagic fever, I stayed in the hospital for 'treatment'.  

Happy?

There is no treatment for dengue.  The world's best scientists have been working on dengue and malaria for decades.

What you received was treatment to help you through the worst of the infection.  Nothing else. 

Do not call me a moron sir.  I'm not the one who has lost 3 boarding houses to Thai ladies.  Look in a mirror old son. 

• Like 1

Not sure why the confused thing Thaiwrath. That is the reality in Oz now.  I'm 63 in two days. If I want the pension (66.5 years for me)  and I want to live overseas then I have to live in Oz from age 64.5 to 66.5. As I said basically home detention.  Or I can wait until pension age 66.5 and then wait until 68.5 to get the right to receive a pension overseas..... Less of course the many top ups for rent,  electricity etc that I would get if I stayed in Australia. 

Check out the home country forum for Oz.  A lot of info there. 

22 hours ago, Teee said:

Tough...should not be there if they can not afford to be there.

Simples really.

Ah!!! Sorry they live the dream....Thai life. ????????????????????

,obviously you don't live in Thailand. 

Why do you feel the need to post on a forum that has little to do with you?

20 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Sir, i have a question.
Why are people still in love with this useless, proven to be totally inefficient chemo??????????????????????????
It reminds me of this doctor, that was actually fired from a well known hospital, because someone AGAIN died from this stone age therapy and he asked his superior: why do we write on the death certificate, died of cancer? He didnt die of cancer. He died from radiation!
He was asked to keep quiet. He didnt. He doesnt work there anymore.
It is a fact, that this therapy is successful at about 2 percent of the time. Got it? Two percent. That means, you have a 98 percent chance of going to the cemetary.
I remember this woman, i know her personally, she is an attorney in the States. Eventually her stressful career caught up with her and got cancer. But she was intelligent and instead of murder therapy, she went to India to see some yogis. I am saying yogis because nobody understands the human body, the way a yogi does. In three weeks she was cured. No cancer. I know people, that went to Isha foundation when ill(instead of therapies) and today they are perfectly healthy.
I am not writing this to TV members, because they are kinda backward, but rather the man, if he ever comes across it. Why not just go to Isha(non profit), they receive you for free, feed you(not with croissant etc)but fruits vegetables etc, you know actual food. And have actual solutions for the issue at hand. Then when cured, you can just donate whatever amount you wish as a thank you.

Yeah..... Right

20 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

My good friend died of it.

Funny , no funding or even much talk of it around the world , while Breast Cancer is the new funding machine in cancer awareness ... we men really have lost the plot when it comes to looking after ourselves...

HPV vaccination has been available for a few years now

Offered to most girls free in Australia where it was invented/ discovered.. 

13 hours ago, NightSky said:

Its astonishing how people vent so much anger and jealousy and call people about a go fund me page to help with expensive cancer treatment. The guy had already declated he’s going to pay his own way. You don’t have to donate so why all the name calling.

I buy insurance here but it’s high cost and doesn’t even cover for more than 1million baht. It was a scam and I bought it in my 30,s 

I’ve now got a pre existing condition so I’m stuck with it and to be honest I doubt they would pay out if I needed it. 

Its all a scam. People who pay taxes here and social fund for Thai employees Like I do should be entitled to the social care system but I’m not allowed to join it. 

I pay out for everyone else but I doubt I would be covered myself even after buying insurance. 

Its all good and well calling others when you are young or you havnt needed to use your insurance yet due to a scare that is then labelled pre existing condition.

Its a scam so don’t blame the patient. Instead blame the system and the rip off insurers and those treating medical care like a business.

If it's a scam don't buy it.  Simple

12 hours ago, fisherd3 said:

My father died of cancer of the oesophagus he told me 'You don't recover from this' . He was in England N.H.S. etc , he died Insurance was completey irrelevant he died.

Bangkok Hospital Rayong charges 34,000 thb for 1st shot in Rabies course of injections , I wonder how much they charge for Cancer of the throat ?

Wrap an insurance policy around that.

Forget writing about insurance all day.

The sangkha hospital charges 150 baht for the full course three

jabs over a week or so for rabies.  Move mate. 

Edited by emptypockets

12 hours ago, simon43 said:

True, his friend started the GFM.  But according to the video blog from his hospital bed, he said that he's quite happy for people to donate...  (as you would be when someone is giving you money for nothing).

Kev says that he has his own money to cover his treatment costs - Any chance of him publically donating all this GFM money to Father Ray's??

Or Father Fintan Stack? 

• Like 1

Just now, emptypockets said:

I can never understand why the elderly come to Thailand and have kids.  A vasectomy should be part of the the approval process

Apart from Marcus who only breeds geniuses apparently. 

How much do rent-a-troll pay by the hour?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

How much do rent-a-troll pay by the hour?

A bit unfair that. It was a fair point. I had a vasectomy donkeys years ago and had no intention of raising a family here. Circumstances overtook me and I am now raising a 6 year old son. Don't regret that and he's an absolute joy to me but I wouldn't advise anyone else to start a family at 60+.

It's also true That marcusaurelius does, allegedly, only breed geniuses.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, direction BANGKOK said:

That seems to assume athlete (or doctor) skill level is attributed to genes. I would say genes are more or less a level playing field between countries (although some countries have many more people which is an obvious advantage).

I do not think it is too big a leap to say in Tiger Woods' case that it was much more about his environment that made him great. 

It is an interesting topic though. I only brought it up because I think it it easier to see skill levels between athletes when compared to doctors. And again, I am betting the overall skill levels of the top doctors in both countries more or less follows the patterns of each countrie's athletes. 

Blshit

54 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Rob in Thailand is the king of the scammers. Did a fundraise for a bar girl with a dodgy eye. She only got a small percentage of the money raised. Constantly begging on his channel. I wouldn't put Burt in the same category as him.

It doesn't take much to bring out Burt's nasty side, I can see a serious falling out when the time comes to divvy up the money.

Unfortunately I clicked on a link What really happened in XXX bar. 

Sad bunch of in fighting expat poms.  Nasty people.... Give me yp country  Thais anytime soon 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spidey said:

A bit unfair that. It was a fair point. I had a vasectomy donkeys years ago and had no intention of raising a family here. Circumstances overtook me and I am now raising a 6 year old son. Don't regret that and he's an absolute joy to me but I wouldn't advise anyone else to start a family at 60+.

It's also true That marcusaurelius does, allegedly, only breed geniuses.

Thanks mate . I am too raising a young one part time by choice.  She wants to stay with boo and yai  on the weekends .

Not a problem 

She stays with her mum and dad during the week.  Both nice people / parents. My son  and daughter in law 

She's top of the class in English too.  She takes weekend classes paid for by her mum dad....  Not me

These are ignorant peasants according to some of the bar stool experts on this forum

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I think you missed the point. He’s been trolling endlessly with very little to say of any interest. 

With a six year old you just have to focus on staying fit and healthy,  so having him in your life might be good in many different ways.

Not at 75 years old....  Can't be done

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Teee said:

You do not have to own your own home in the UK to be entitled to NHS.

Get the facts right...easy to do...just look on UK Gov website.

I didnt say that u had to own your own home to qualify. My point was that being out of the country for 6 months was not the only factor in determining whether u r entitled to NHS treatment. If I was concerned if I would qualify for treatment then I would check the website. If u want to more helpful and provide all the facts, why dont u provide the .gov.uk link?

Don't know about Britain , but in Norway anyone can get emergency help , even tourists visiting. 

So if I have to return back to Norway because of sudden illness I know I will get help. Paid by the state, even if I have not set my foot in the country for 10 years. 

A bit unfair maybe,  but that's the law. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 10:28 PM, Teee said:

He is  Cockney

That explains it all .

He  used ta give the Kray  boys  a couple  of quid  , to do  some  dirty work.

We seen to have an  overload of cockney  bullshite in the kingdom. 

Keep it in pattaya ,  please,

Edited by elliss
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

Throat cancer. Smoking related? What are the odds?

Self inflicted.

2 aunt's died of smoking related cancers. Say g'bye Kev.

Survival rates  for throat cancer not looking good .

IMO , repent and find a  quality  religion.  

Edited by elliss

3 hours ago, Jim P said:

I would be betting the private care he is getting will be better and better accommodation than the UK NHS. Imo it has grown into a completely unworkable and outdated Goliath. For example I have been waiting for a shoulder surgery for a year now, twice they have lost my records and and my last appointment, which was last week, the letter arrived on the same day, I opened it 45 minutes before my appointment! The NHS haven`t caught onto a thing called email yet, staff are still alerted by pagers, it`s an outdated and glorified system that I wouldn`t trust my life with against private care in LOS. Also it`s used and abused by those that have never contributed to it and expect everything for free.

My younger brother died of cancer in a UK NHS hospital, and whilst no treatment would have saved him once again his records were lost for a period between two hospitals. 

One thing that stands out to me as far as differences, I have a hard time comparing uk to thai of course, but i would think uk would be similar to usa, is the fact that usa docs are under constant pressure to perform due to lawsuits or malpractice proceedings. I am honestly not sure the exact system in thailand, but if i had to guess they can actually get away with quite a bit more here? that alone seems to be reason enough... for me, as i was saying. in other words, lets just say wuality if care was equal, well, the docs are under actual performance pressure in more western style hospitals. 

but yeah thanks for the information. it sounds like uk hospitals do not have to be fun at all. 

10 hours ago, balo said:

Don't know about Britain , but in Norway anyone can get emergency help , even tourists visiting. 

So if I have to return back to Norway because of sudden illness I know I will get help. Paid by the state, even if I have not set my foot in the country for 10 years. 

A bit unfair maybe,  but that's the law.

One small problem, in Norwegian law anyone is entitled to healthcare for an "urgent medical necessity", however you cannot fly if you have an urgent medical necessity, so that doesn't help anyone.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, emptypockets said:

There is no treatment for dengue.  The world's best scientists have been working on dengue and malaria for decades.

What you received was treatment to help you through the worst of the infection.  Nothing else. 

Do not call me a moron sir.  I'm not the one who has lost 3 boarding houses to Thai ladies.  Look in a mirror old son. 

"There is no treatment for dengue"  "What you received was treatment..."

Of course there is treatment for dengue, that's why nowhere near as many die when administered to hospital than when left at home, because of the treatment they receive in hospital, what there is not is a cure, the treatment consists largely of paracetamol to contain the fever.

13 hours ago, elliss said:

That explains it all .

He  used ta give the Kray  boys  a couple  of quid  , to do  some  dirty work.

We seen to have an  overload of cockney  bullshite in the kingdom. 

Keep it in pattaya ,  please,

He's not old enough to have had a personal association with the kray twins.

Maybe a few naughty boys using the kray name to promote their activities.

But not the krays themselves 

• Like 1