help required with long overstay

5 hours ago, whats the crack said:

i want to get a new passport, then if it genuine and not a scam fix the visa and overstay issue without getting arrested or being banned from Thailand

Read the posts in answer to your question. There is NO WAY you are going to be able to achieve your goals, unless you have BIG connections.

Obviously - as you are posting here - you do not have those connections.

Two Years !!!

• Like 1

thanks A1Str8 for advice she wont meet me in person she wants me to transfer the money to her then she will post pp to me....i have spoken to a company said they can get me a new pp for a price and for 70k thb they can clear everything an i will get a 30day visa now after what you said making me think is this easy money for them or is it possible its real? 
Do NOT get a passport this way! Why not go straight to your embassy.. Apply.. Wait a few weeks.. First part done. What's the rest of your story?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You are asking the near impossible, 

8 hours ago, whats the crack said:

what is the best way to clear this without getting banned and able to stay here in Thailand.

You will be liable to be banned from returning to Thailand and getting out is going to be difficult. Post #7 sums up my thoughts. Don't dawdle around for another 2 years!

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Walk into your embassy/consulate and get temporary travel documents.

Buy a plane ticket to your home country and go home.

Pay the fine at the airport as you leave.

And the 3 yr ban applied when paying the fine ?

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

And the 3 yr ban applied when paying the fine ?

Visit another country for a few years, plenty in Asia to choose from.

At least with no passport, there won't be a red stamp to frighten other countries immigration officers.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Visit another country for a few years, plenty in Asia to choose from.

Thailand ain't that special, and he's already said the gf is gone.

He also said he wants to stay in Thailand and without getting banned in the OP.

49 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Do NOT get a passport this way! Why not go straight to your embassy.. Apply.. Wait a few weeks.. First part done. What's the rest of your story?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Because he is naive enough to have lost his passport to a girl, and is willing to believe that a 'new' passport with no overstay consequence can be had with 70,000

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike787 said:

If you can "explain" why or what prevented you for 2 years to re-aquire your pp, I will provide you with the wisdom you seek grasshopper.  Were you physically, chemically restrained/incapacitated? I am serious here!!!!

there is no excuse to why it has took me two years...I honestly thought it she would of give it back but she is not and still sending messages for money. I also had the fear of being arrested etc so that is why kept putting of etc but yesterday i got the police report which was worrying but that was no problem. Now getting the passport is that a risk also? Why am i a grasshopper lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, whats the crack said:

i want to get a new passport, then if it genuine and not a scam fix the visa and overstay issue without getting arrested or being banned from Thailand

Seems to me you can get a new passport.

But overstay just wiped away fully legal can't be legal. From the dozens and dozens of previous reports on the board about this subject the Thai Immigration people don't legitimately wipe it away / say 'never mind', and fighting with your girlfriend / she stole your passport wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell being accepted as a reason to cancel your overstay situation. No country would legitimately cancel an overstay for reasons like this. 

So overstay confirmed, fined, banned.

Immediate new legal visa to stay in Thailand out of the question.

But perhaps an undercover (illegal) 'agent' can get the overstay wiped away and can get a new immediate 30 day visa.

Given the numbers of immigration people caught doing this or caught with illegal stamps etc., in recent months it's likely getting more difficult and much more expensive to go this route.

Also true immigration databases etc., are becoming linked more and more inside Thailand and abroad, so the chances of getting discovered with fake visas etc is getting higher, therefore less numbers of  immigration officers willing to engage in overstay wipe away and  fake visas.

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Get back to England change your name get a new passport, sorted!

People have been caught trying that.

They would match nationality, date of birth and then check the photo of the one with the matching data.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

People have been caught trying that.

They would match nationality, date of birth and then check the photo of the one with the matching data.

In England it's not illegal to change your name "Deed Poll" It has been done here where people are back in Thailand, not mee

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

In England it's not illegal to change your name "Deed Poll" It has been done here where people are back in Thailand, not mee

I did not say the name change was illegal.

Just advising that there is chance of being caught trying it to get around a ban from entering the country.

26 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe so but i is very difficult to change appearance, eye colour and place/date of birth etc. Attempting to take on a new identity is more complex than changing a name by Deed poll.

• Thanks 2

Here in China we deal with the same company that has been mentioned, VFS, for lost or stolen passports and replacements.

Also as has been said the Visa issues and the passport are two separate issues, and neither agency interacts.

To replace your stolen passport you will have to go to VFS with a police report, which you say you already have and they will require proof of where you are living, alternative ID and details of the stolen passport.  As soon as you've reported to VFS that your old passport is stolen it becomes useless as there is a world database of stolen passports and I'm guessing Thailand is privy to it. On no account give details of where the passport is, as it will be deemed recoverable and they won't issue a new one.

The application will be sent by courier to Liverpool PO and will be processed in about three weeks. You will be given a temporary travel document which you surrender when you go back to VFS to collect, which you have to do in person.

As for the Visa overstay issue, it's of little use to tell you how it's handled in China, there's better information from other posters on how to manage that one in Thailand.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Here in China we deal with the same company that has been mentioned, VFS, for lost or stolen passports and replacements.

Also as has been said the Visa issues and the passport are two separate issues, and neither agency interacts.

To replace your stolen passport you will have to go to VFS with a police report, which you say you already have and they will require proof of where you are living, alternative ID and details of the stolen passport.  As soon as you've reported to VFS that your old passport is stolen it becomes useless as there is a world database of stolen passports and I'm guessing Thailand is privy to it. On no account give details of where the passport is, as it will be deemed recoverable and they won't issue a new one.

The application will be sent by courier to Liverpool PO and will be processed in about three weeks. You will be given a temporary travel document which you surrender when you go back to VFS to collect, which you have to do in person.

As for the Visa overstay issue, it's of little use to tell you how it's handled in China, there's better information from other posters on how to manage that one in Thailand.

"You will be given a temporary travel document which you surrender when you go back to VFS to collect" WRONG -  VFS do not issue tempory travel documents which are only available from the British Embassy.

2 hours ago, MARK74 said:

yes, but the chances of that happening are slim to none

Legally - none - The Thai immigration folks (same as 99% - 100% of other countries) absolutely don't listen to stories about 'gf stole my passport' / 'gf is trying to blackmail me'. 

Illegally - maybe possible but keep in mind that the Immigration department are getting more and more serious about stopping such illegal activity, and nowadays they have better systems to detect illegal stuff, plus in recent cases where caught, both the immigration officer(s) involved and the people who received the 'benefit' have been well punished.

Dear OP, I know your wanting a magic way to block overstay punishment / block banning / and magically come out of the process with a 30 day visa.

With all respect legally this is not going to happen. Illegally maybe yes but could get you into even deeper trouble.

Time to make some decisions about an alternative country etc.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would you get a passport? They are only gonna put a red stamp in it with details of your crimes.

Surely better to get temporary travel documents, go home, then get a nice unmarked passport in your home country.

You'll be banned from Thailand whatever you do.

No need for you to let every other country know as well.

Is it that simple:

- Thai Police report

- Temporary travel document issued in Thailand

- Fly home using the temporary travel document

- Apply at home for a new passport, but I'm guessing there would be some automatic checking which would reveal that you already had a passport but cancelled and temporary travel document issued. 

Would this invoke further investigation or whatever (at home) before a new passport could be issued?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Would this invoke further investigation or whatever (at home) before a new passport could be issued?

No, it's the normal way to get a replacement passport.

Tourists on a two week foreign holiday with a damaged/lost/stolen passport don't want to stay in the foreign country for the 4 weeks (or more) it takes to get a replacement passport.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The person is banned, not the name. If someone followed your advice they’d and managed to get in the country they would be in the country illegally. They might as well stay on overstay!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Yes, can be done , BUT , if you get caught , you would face more serious charges than just overstaying , like entering the country illegally 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, whats the crack said:

thanks A1Str8 for advice she wont meet me in person she wants me to transfer the money to her then she will post pp to me....i have spoken to a company said they can get me a new pp for a price and for 70k thb they can clear everything an i will get a 30day visa now after what you said making me think is this easy money for them or is it possible its real? 

If it seems too good to be true then it probably is

• Haha 2