Alcohol free weekend

Kenny202

3 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

What is the big deal????? If you cannot go a day without alcohol, see a professional.

I do not think that is the point, I am a non drinker and don't frequent bars. IMO it is wrong to close bars and stop selling alcohol because of religion or politics. as well as having no respect for the tourists who come here for two or three weeks, spend a lot of money, and then find the bars closed.

There is also the effect on peoples livelihoods, if they cannot work, then they don't earn.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I do not think that is the point, I am a non drinker and don't frequent bars. IMO it is wrong to close bars and stop selling alcohol because of religion or politics. as well as having no respect for the tourists who come here for two or three weeks, spend a lot of money, and then find the bars closed.

There is also the effect on peoples livelihoods, if they cannot work, then they don't earn.

Totally agree it’s a nonsense even although it doesn’t affect me as I always have plenty of stock in the cool room.

What is ludicrous is the selective enforcement, supermarkets etc no sale, small shops trading freely.

A couple of years ago we were having dinner in the night market in Chiang Mai, it turned out it was a Budah day or something the waitress told us they had been told by the police no alcohol.

As we drove away we passed a couple of establishments where people were drinking outside on the footpath.

It's only 24 hours, from 18:00 Saturday to the same time Sunday.

Probably don't flaunt your drinking if you're anywhere in public. Other than that, nobody cares if you add a bit of Sang Som to your soda and lime!

????

36 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Totally agree it’s a nonsense even although it doesn’t affect me as I always have plenty of stock in the cool room.

What is ludicrous is the selective enforcement, supermarkets etc no sale, small shops trading freely.

A couple of years ago we were having dinner in the night market in Chiang Mai, it turned out it was a Budah day or something the waitress told us they had been told by the police no alcohol.

As we drove away we passed a couple of establishments where people were drinking outside on the footpath.

Yes, this is Thailand.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

They provided the right size of envelopes, or the owners were - you know what.

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

IMO it is wrong to close bars and stop selling alcohol because of religion or politics. as well as having no respect for the tourists who come here for two or three weeks, spend a lot of money, and then find the bars closed.

So, conversely, in respect to the tourists, when the Thais visit the UK we should close all bars on Buddha day! ????