Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Taken from BBC News

Petitions on the Parliament website rarely lead to a change in the law.

They are not even guaranteed to lead to a debate in Parliament - they only get considered for debate if they reach 100,000 signatures. The petitions committee rejects them if it believes the UK government can't do anything about the issue.

All of which is irrelevant to this petition. Probably why you posted it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The next thing you say is without correct validation protests and rallies are meanless and pointless. 

I hadn't consider that but you do raise a good point Thank you for your suggestion

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

One million people sign UK petition to forever end democracy. Doesn't sound so great. I would like to see new laws introduced to ensure these million people can never vote or be involved in any way with politics - they just don't have the capacity to understand or respect votes that run against their wishes.

We have a sovereign parliament, not mob rule and an advisory referendum* you'll get your chance at the next election.

* You always need to read the small print - Revoke Article 50 !

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Anti-Brexit Petition In U.K. Parliament Can Be Signed By Anyone, Anywhere

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/03/21/anti-brexit-petition-in-u-k-parliament-can-be-signed-by-anyone-anywhere/#6e4917bf6fa5

They should be a requirement to provide your national insurance number as part of any validation for any of these petitions

Not worth the paper it is written on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tories/permalink/364858691037589/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Good old Nigel, you can always depend on him for those foot in mouth moments. He's clearly forgotten about the St. Petersburg Troll Farm's involvement in the Brexit campaign.

BTW. The Russian establishment is strongly in favour of Brexit, particularly a hard Brexit. Surprising that the people of Papua have an interest in Brexit.

It may well have been a tongue-in-cheek swipe at just that ???? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Good old Nigel, you can always depend on him for those foot in mouth moments. He's clearly forgotten about the St. Petersburg Troll Farm's involvement in the Brexit campaign.

BTW. The Russian establishment is strongly in favour of Brexit, particularly a hard Brexit. Surprising that the people of Papua have an interest in Brexit.

Edit: Just had a closer look at Numpty Nigel's tweet.

North Korea-1 vote

Papua New Guinea-3 votes

Russia-12 votes

Saudi Arabia-14 votes

Spain-3287 votes.

Commensurate with the number of expats living in those countries?

If they had published the figure from Thailand they would have had at least 1 vote - mine.

Fake news with knobs on.

Plus my two - me and the missus - I did hers for her. Oh and a third from another email account I had just for luck!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Plus my two - me and the missus - I did hers for her. Oh and a third from another email account I had just for luck!

So that's 4 votes from Thailand, more than Papua New Guinea, I should think so!

• Like 1

So why have the Brexiteers not started There petition "Brexit Means Brexit, out on 29th, No Deal Brext Now"???

Same when a Referendum is mentioned they have a fit the vapours, the last referendum was floored the leave campaign lied, and brexiteers know they can not fool the people twice.

Sure the Brexiteers would get a lot of signatures but any thing like 2,25 million in just over a day???

Sure there will be people voting who should not, and people voting multiple times using multiple names, but the vast majority will be valid signatories. 

2,281,326 signatures Now

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leither69 said:

You get that information from where? Fool

From being a regular myself before coming to live here.

Cut out the personal insult; it is against forum rules. Try to obtain a sense of humour for yourself.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1