Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

The miners strike finished in 1985 wake up,the miners sons are reffered to as turkeys these days..

Who's talking about miners? You 'reffered' to them, I didn't.

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

5,000,070 signatures

From all over the world.

It's touching to realise just how much folk like Alfred Mbongo in Ghana are concerned about the future of the UK. Wonder why?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Who's talking about miners? You 'reffered' to them, I didn't.

Scab is a miners strike term to many even 35 years later...same same turkey will a term used to describe the jobless in another 35 years time IF brexit were to go ahead.

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

Scab is a miners strike term to many even 35 years later...same same turkey will a term used to describe the jobless in another 35 years time IF brexit were to go ahead.

The term 'scab' in connection with disputes in the work place not just the mining industry has been in use for over two hundred years.

Someone who works for less money than can reasonably be expected by regular workers is a scab and a blackleg especially if doing so costs those regular workers their jobs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

The term 'scab' in connection with disputes in the work place not just the mining industry has been in use for over two hundred years.

Someone who works for less money than can reasonably be expected by regular workers is a scab and a blackleg especially if doing so costs those regular workers their jobs.

So they were around well before the creation of the EU

10 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Absolute disgrace, there was a vote and a decision
Uphold it however you feel or the whole system is repugnant

People have the audacity on here to speak about how democracy is not in place or allowed in Thailand, yet come from a country where some people including themselves are trying their utmost to veto a public vote that took place in perfectly legal standings

How liberal, how pathetic....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ok, tell the Thai people that Prayuth will be their PM forever because: “there was a vote and a decision. Uphold it however you feel or the whole system is repugnant.” 

• Like 1

Nobody is trying to veto anything. The results of the first referendum cannot be erased from our collective memories, however information has subsequently come to light that suggests that the leave campaign was heavily interfered with by foreign agencies pushing agendas that are not in the best interests of the UK as a whole, and therefore significant numbers of people are requesting an opportunity to cast a new vote based on the facts as they currently stand - hardly an affront to democracy.
Hahahahaha

With all of the information, threats, corruption, scaremongering and posturing by the EU since the vote I am utterly amazed that not more people want to leave.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, tell the Thai people that Prayuth will be their PM forever because: “there was a vote and a decision. Uphold it however you feel or the whole system is repugnant.” 
You completely missed my point.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Unfounded scare mongering BS again from the "We Luv Nigel" comic... 

Now here are the real facts:

From an analysis of data download from the petition site Saturday afternoon.

From the UK 4,357,899 signers = 96.1%

From Outside the UK 177,119 Signers = 3.9%

Total number of signatures 4,535,018

By the way there were 34 Signatures from Ghana, are not people who may be on holiday or who may be out of the country and have a legitimate right to vote in UK elections not allowed to sign the petition???

Look at my post 293.  And I’m sure there must be many other ways.

I personally signed into this petition with 3 different e-mail addresses, just to prove to myself that it could be done.

D6F58618-1180-4AE9-AC6A-B98E1B147F72.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Unfounded scare mongering BS again from the "We Luv Nigel" comic... 

Now here are the real facts:

From an analysis of data download from the petition site Saturday afternoon.

From the UK 4,357,899 signers = 96.1%

From Outside the UK 177,119 Signers = 3.9%

Total number of signatures 4,535,018

By the way there were 34 Signatures from Ghana, are not people who may be on holiday or who may be out of the country and have a legitimate right to vote in UK elections not allowed to sign the petition???

Any one can use a VPN and have an IP address based in another part of the world.

My IP address will tell you I'm in the USA. I'm actually in South London where it is 17.21 pm.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Nobody is trying to veto anything. The results of the first referendum cannot be erased from our collective memories, however information has subsequently come to light that suggests that the leave campaign was heavily interfered with by foreign agencies pushing agendas that are not in the best interests of the UK as a whole, and therefore significant numbers of people are requesting an opportunity to cast a new vote based on the facts as they currently stand - hardly an affront to democracy.

Absolute claptrap.

On the eve of the referendum myself and three of my friends received phone calls from someone claiming to be from the Russian Embassy in London offering us £200 to vote to remain in the EU. Only one of us accepted the offer but he still voted for Brexit. Needless to say the promised money never arrived.

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So?

So?

I means that anyone can change their apparent geographical location based on an internet location by using an IP address based anywhere.

By using a VPN I could be in the USA or Germany or The Netherlands but use an IP that would tell anyone who is monitoring a petition that I'm in th UK.

The administrators of a forum or any other website can tell where I want them to believe I am simply by looking at my IP address.

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

So?

I means that anyone can change their apparent geographical location based on an internet location by using an IP address based anywhere.

By using a VPN I could be in the USA or Germany or The Netherlands but use an IP that would tell anyone who is monitoring a petition that I'm in th UK.

The administrators of a forum or any other website can tell where I want them to believe I am simply by looking at my IP address.

I know how a VPN works. But what’s your point? 

• Confused 1