Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

So you agree that there are many examples of stupid remainers and leavers?

your sidestepping tactics don't work with a stubborn German. try harder. :smile:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The 'claim' was nothing of the sort.

It was the youngsters' belief.....

tell me what part of

the E.u’s threat to make it difficult for Brits to travel for holidays on Europe by air or car

is it you don't understand? i will try to explain even though English is my third language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I can only confirm that, I watched this discussion on British T.V this morning. The program is called Good Morning Britain, and they were interviewing an expert on Tourism.

I never said or implied,and neither did anyone on the T.V that the weather

anywhere in the U.K is warmer than in Southern Europe. In fact I, and those taking part in the program never mentioned any aspect of the weather.

The discussion was solely on the benefits to the UK tourism, due to the stance of the E.u.

'Good morning Britain'!  A reputable source! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

So you think there were only stupid brexiters?

Let's be honest - there were more than a few stupid brexiters and remainers....

Naam  never once used the term ‘stupid’.

Why you felt the need to do so is a mystery.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

On the Tv this morning,they were discussing, how the E.u’s threat to make it difficult for Brits to travel for holidays on Europe by air or car, has backfired on them. While holiday establishments in the U.K. are enjoying a mini boom at the expense of Southern European resorts. Unfortunately it’s the poor citizens of those countries who will now suffer, not the overpaid Bureaucrats in Brussels.

It will be interesting to see how the ever growing anti E.u parties, do in the forth coming E,u elections.

iam not aware of any threat by the EU,your usual made up rubbish to go with your howler of a fib earlier this week ???? also interesting with the 10% drop in the value of the euro earlier in the week there hasnt been a surge in brits going to the southern european resorts with pockets full of money ????  any reason why not? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

I can only confirm that, I watched this discussion on British T.V this morning. The program is called Good Morning Britain, and they were interviewing an expert on Tourism.

I never said or implied,and neither did anyone on the T.V that the weather

anywhere in the U.K is warmer than in Southern Europe. In fact I, and those taking part in the program never mentioned any aspect of the weather.

The discussion was solely on the benefits to the UK tourism, due to the stance of the E.u.

what stance are you on about,nothing has changed or is likely to change,your EU/german paranoia has the better of you,whatever happens in the future with brexit a visa will NOT be needed to visit any EU country for visits of a few months,worst case scenario a visit every 4-6 month to a office of some kind.

49 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I saw this while I was away for a couple of weeks, so apologies if it's been done to death already.

Alice Weidel here very intelligently points out several elephants in the room, and tells some home truths about the despicable way the EU have behaved toward their 'friends' across the channel. AfD may have some controversial views on Islam etc., but she hits the nail on the head here! 

at last the brexiteers have found a "nice" german,alice weidel robinson 

48 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think you're worried you'll agree with what she says

cannot see how brexit can destroy the german auto industry,it will be there long after brexit has been forgotten about,how much of the UK auto industry will remain if we leave,one of the 5 has already decide to go the other 3 or 4 very likely to follow,if when they have gone,VWs,audi's.mercs,porsche's and bwm's will still be rolling off german production lines in huge numbers,the UK could be left with 1 or 2 factories employing 10-15 thousand,germany will still employ 100s of thousands,mrs robinson has a few debatable points but nowt of much substance,i doubt anyone took much notice of her.

20 hours ago, Jip99 said:
20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The longer this farce in Parliament goes on, the more likely a second referendum giving the choice back to the people seems likely, in my opinion.

But we will have to wait and see.

I agree with that - only time will tell............................................... and in this Parliament, anything is possible.

I think a referendum may be conditional requirement of any extension, I hope any future referendums require a clear majority, But there again that would only be achievable by giving independence to Northern Ireland, Scotland and Greater London...

10 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So we are constantly told brexit is killing the economy and housing prices. So what happened to house prices drooping by a third?

Whilst the headline is misleading it still states that house prices are rising. I suspect the remainers will say that the banks and mortgage providers are talking rubbish as it doesn't fit into their doomsday prophecy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/business/halifax-says-house-prices-defy-brexit-uncertainty-to-rise-3-2-kwg2kzh3g

So the UK economy, whilst still in the EU, has been chugging along, despite a significant fall in investment compared to the predictions prior to referendum? You state the case for Remain well.

Until you can show a successful economy outside of the EU your claims are nonsense.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, dick dasterdly said:

I did, you just preferred not to realise this in the same way that you ignore posters who have replied to your questions....

No,  you originally dodged it.

I did not ignore you when you answered my question about May's deal; in fact I tried to engage in a reasoned, intelligent discussion with you about it. But you ignored my attempt to so do.

However, I'm not going to engage in a childish "Yes you did!" "No you didn't!" spat with you, so believe what you wish.

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

No,  you originally dodged it.

I did not ignore you when you answered my question about May's deal; in fact I tried to engage in a reasoned, intelligent discussion with you about it. But you ignored my attempt to so do.

However, I'm not going to engage in a childish "Yes you did!" "No you didn't!" spat with you, so believe what you wish.

As usual....????

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, vinny41 said:
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, 7by7 said:

How does this prove that many of the votes for this petition are fake?

It doesn't.

And at the same time your post doesn't prove that all the signatures were genuine, 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to discuss this with an IT expert at work. His opinion is that the petitions people are perfectly correct. That there are many ways and means of discovering bots and removing their signatures. He also agrees that it would be foolish to tell those responsible that their signatures had been removed as this would only encourage them to attack the petition in other ways.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, vinny41 said:

as I previously stated this petition site is useless unless you have to include National Insurance number when you registered your vote

And as I told you before, there are many, probably millions, of non Brits who have NI numbers because anyone who has ever legally worked in the UK will have one, regardless of their nationality and regardless of whether or not they are still in the UK or have returned home.

From everything those who run the petitions site have said, they have far more sophisticated ways of finding and removing false signatures than a mere NI number check. Especially as whilst randomly generating NI numbers would produce many that would be rejected as false, it would also produce many which would be accepted as genuine!

I find it amusing that when the many pro Brexit petitions were last year each receiving hundreds of thousands of signatures, no one questioned their validity, but now you Brexiteers are desperate to 'prove' that this one is invalid!

If this one can be attacked by bots etc. and so is invalid, then the same is true of all those pro Brexit ones.

• Confused 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:09 AM, nontabury said:

You’ve got that completely wrong. It’s all because remainer May has had a policy throughout these so called negotiations, of appeasing the E.u.

while at the same time, giving the V sign, to the British people.

OK, so tell us what it is about her deal which appeases the EU, which gives a V sign to the British people.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, nontabury said:

You’ve previously stated that polls are irrelevant. Now you’re saying because it suit your biased opinion, that they are relevant.

Misquoting me; again. Show me the post in which I said that polls are irrelevant.

Of course my opinion is biased; as biased as yours!

At first I accepted the result of the referendum. But because the backstabbing of Rees-Moggs' ERG and the party political games of Corbyn and Labour, we have arrived at this shambles.

Parliament has shown itself to be incapable of deciding this issue; so let the people decide it democratically in a legally binding STV referendum.

1. May's deal,
  2. no deal or
  3. cancel Article 50 and remain.

• Confused 1