Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

Hundreds of thousands marched through London? Wow, it must have been an illusion where

a thousand marched and it got a little blown out of proportion. Ten thousand would be almost acceptable,

hundreds of thousands is totally false. Britain needs a vote, dud PM needs to resign. I am a brexiter but I hate to see what is tearing Britain apart.

All caused by an intractable PM. Let democracy rule with all the facts be available from all politicians wanting a better UK and not some political head in the sand leader

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I have a hard time understanding why a few hundred thousand marching to cancel Brexit somehow trumps 17.5 million Brits that voted in the official referendum. Are we living in mob rule?

I agree but, I believe the term is called 'remainer ideology'. In layman's terms, it means we don't respect democracy and we will cry an stamp our feet, until we get our own way.

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I agree but, I believe the term is called 'remainer ideology'. In layman's terms, it means we don't respect democracy and we will cry an stamp our feet, until we get our own way.

Remainers have a democratic right.  Britain voted, leavers won.

They got this whole thing started, it was their vote that said lets quit the European Union.

Now the facts of what that means are almost out. (I suspect EU needs Britain more than UK needs EU)

But May has lead a very silly campaign to make her look a tough Thatcher person. Instead she is a dud.

But even her own party has no balls to vote her out, they are the pathetic remainers who never put  it up to her.

May has caused the biggest collapse of British democracy since Chamberlain. My way, (but her party still supports her)

What a big fall the British parliament has suffered, the laughing stock of the world 

15 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Remainers have a democratic right.  Britain voted, leavers won.

They got this whole thing started, it was their vote that said lets quit the European Union.

Now the facts of what that means are almost out. (I suspect EU needs Britain more than UK needs EU)

They have a right and had a vote. The vote hasn't even been enacted upon and they want another vote. That is the pathetic bit.

This is the bit many remainers do not get. it doesn't matter what ever facts you present. We still want out and I like everyone else I know, haven't changed our minds.

15 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

But May has lead a very silly campaign to make her look a tough Thatcher person. Instead she is a dud.

But even her own party has no balls to vote her out, they are the pathetic remainers who never put  it up to her.

Yes I agree she is pathetic but she has done a great job for the EU. A remainer and always a remainer and near the end it clearly shows. I have wanted her out from her first day. Get a brexiteer in as PM.

11 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

They have a right and had a vote. The vote hasn't even been enacted upon and they want another vote. That is the pathetic bit.

This is the bit many remainers do not get. it doesn't matter what ever facts you present. We still want out and I like everyone else I know, haven't changed our minds.

Yes I agree she is pathetic but she has. done a great job for the EU. a remainer and always a remainer and near the end it clearly shows. i have anted her out from her first day. get a brexiteer in as PM.

Yes but a referendum is not a true poll based vote.

No government in British democracy ever has to act on the results.

Be it a white paper, green paper or referendum, blue paper- whatever.

Ms May has made it impossible for brexit to be viable. Because she is a remainer and makes it impossible to leave.

Do you ever see her cuddling the idiots who run the EU. She loves them, she is their stooge.

So. Conservatives want to remain. Ms May is making it impossible to leave. 

14 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Yes but a referendum is not a true poll based vote.

No government in British democracy ever has to act on the results.

Be it a white paper, green paper or referendum, blue paper- whatever.

Ms May has made it impossible for brexit to be viable. Because she is a remainer and makes it impossible to leave.

Do you ever see her cuddling the idiots who run the EU. She loves them, she is their stooge.

So. Conservatives want to remain. Ms May is making it impossible to leave. 

A referendum gives a clearer mood of the country than a mob taking to the streets. 

A mob demanding the overturn of the ballot box has no place in a civilised society, but you make some good points.

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I have a hard time understanding why a few hundred thousand marching to cancel Brexit somehow trumps 17.5 million Brits that voted in the official referendum. Are we living in mob rule?

Why not just call things as they are, it was a million at least, and the police said a lot more. 

However the points are 

1) No one says it "Trumps" anything, it was a protest march.

2) You can't compare apples with bananas. No protest - even very large ones like this and the Iraq War one - ever remotely compare with national votes of any sort. The reason - at least in part - is very simple, it takes someone 10/20 minutes to vote at their nearest polling station, and it's free. If you want to pay for a bus to London and take a day at least out of your weekend, that requires a different level of commitment.

"Are we living in mob rule?" Not yet, though it is the Brexiteers by and large that are partial to thinly veiled threats of violence. However as it now appears that you probably won't get you beloved Brexit in any palatable form (Tough), we will have to wait and see whether that does lead to mob rule.

How is Farage's pathetic march going BTW.

No doubt we will see a massive turnout come the end of the month
Re your comment re the march..just remember that people are at their work
Re your" masdive turnout "..please remember it means nout..ziltch..nada.
No doubt a piss up for many

Why not just call things as they are, it was a million at least, and the police said a lot more. 
However the points are 
2) You can't compare apples with bananas. No protest - even very large ones like this and the Iraq War one - ever remotely compare with national votes of any sort. The reason - at least in part - is very simple, it takes someone 10/20 minutes to vote at their nearest polling station, and it's free. If you want to pay for a bus to London and take a day at least out of your weekend, that requires a different level of commitment.
"Are we living in mob rule?" Not yet, though it is the Brexiteers by and large that are partial to thinly veiled threats of violence. However as it now appears that you probably won't get you beloved Brexit in any palatable form (Tough), we will have to wait and see whether that does lead to mob rule.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

However the points are 

So a few million marched through London. Derr

In a country of nearly 100,000,000  this means infinitesimal even if you believe the numbers.

There is only one democratic option.

Ms May, the most useless and power grabbing non event since Chamberlain resigns.

But she clutches at straws to give an option that no sane person could accept.

And if you do not accept her terms, you remain. QED. Classic, she will be made a Lord at least.

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

No doubt we will see a massive turnout come the end of the month
Re your comment re the march..just remember that people are at their work
Re your" masdive turnout "..please remember it means nout..ziltch..nada.
No doubt a piss up for many

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As opposed to Farage's march which was a piss up for a few.

5 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

In a country of nearly 100,000,000  this means infinitesimal even if you believe the numbers.

Ms May, the most useless and power grabbing non event since Chamberlain resigns.

And if you do not accept her terms, you remain. QED. Classic, she will be made a Lord at least.

UK population 67 million. Over a million is hardly infinitesimal.

A sour grapes post from a Brexiteer who sees her dream disappearing down the shitter.

9/10

27 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

However the points are 

I'll have a look at the 'March' - small ramble would be more appropriate and report back to the group. Meanwhile, remember Nigel's Brexit Party he has formed and leads - it has a staggering !! 18.8k followers I smell a whole lot of lost deposits if they ever try and stand for anything. 

https://twitter.com/@brexitparty_uk

11 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

100,000,000 - have you fact-checked that - I'll do it for you ?

65,105,246 United Kingdom (July 2018 est.)
constituent countries: 
England 55,268,100
Scotland 5,404,700
Wales 3,113,200
Northern Ireland 1,862,10

https://www.cia.gov/-library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html

3 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Hundreds of thousands marched through London? Wow, it must have been an illusion where

a thousand marched and it got a little blown out of proportion. Ten thousand would be almost acceptable,

hundreds of thousands is totally false. Britain needs a vote, dud PM needs to resign. I am a brexiter but I hate to see what is tearing Britain apart.

All caused by an intractable PM. Let democracy rule with all the facts be available from all politicians wanting a better UK and not some political head in the sand leader

"Say goodnight to the folks , Gracie !"

You just know Basil would be a Brexiteer and the rest of the staff ardent Remainers.....

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

A million please. But nothing has changed  WE ARE LEAVING THE EUSSR ON MARCH 29TH , APRIL 12TH 

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

A million please. But nothing has changed  WE ARE LEAVING THE EUSSR ON MARCH 29TH , APRIL 12TH 

I think the date has been changed to the 12th of Never.

18 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

100,000,000 - have you fact-checked that - I'll do it for you ?

65,105,246 United Kingdom (July 2018 est.)
constituent countries: 
England 55,268,100
Scotland 5,404,700
Wales 3,113,200
Northern Ireland 1,862,10

https://www.cia.gov/-library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/uk.html

With all the Eastern Europeans and illegal immigrants  working in the UK , the figure is closer to 100 000 000

Archived