rooster59

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Prove that would happen!!!
More mince from a project fear remoaner

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's accepted that if we closed the border, the IRA would renew it's campaign. They've already fired a couple of warning shots across the bows.

Everything I quoted happened in their previous campaign. It would happen again.

59 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That would be so "convenient" for the Government and remainers .

May can disappear and the Politicians can say "we had no choice" (to remain)

How would the cabinet voting through May's deal be convenient for the remainers?  JRM is now coming round to voting for May's deal and bringing other hard line Brexiteers with him.  They are the ones folding in fear of a no-Brexit, endorsing the very deal they were so vehemently against.

What remainers would prefer is for indicative votes in the house next week and not for May's deal to go through.

Quite frankly..the ira never went away. If they start their nonsense..they no doubt will be dealt with.

It's accepted that if we closed the border, the IRA would renew it's campaign. They've already fired a couple of warning shots across the bows.

48 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

If you want my honest opinion then I would Revoke A50 unilaterally and be done with it. The blowback won't be bad as is feared and it moves the country on.  Anyway we have representative democracy and the referendum was advisory. 

You are living in cloud cookoo land. If you think that turning over the Democratic decision of the people,will go unnoticed.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I dunno , its a different generation these days who have been living in peace for 20 odd years and theres been a long break in the violence  .

The older IRA are old men now , would the younger generation be willing to participate in violence ?

Even if they did , they UK security forces have better surveillance these days , they can eves drop on everything and thwart any potential terror attacks .

The 1970's-80's had numerous terror  groups committing atrocities across Europe , the IRA , Basque separatists , Baden -Meinhoff group, Japanese Red Army , PLO , Cymru whatever and the Scottish terrorizing Wembley in 1976, breaking the cross bar .

These terror groups seem to have given up on terrorism, its just the Muslims now .

Would the IRA want to be aligned with the Muslim terrorists ?

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A petition to cancel Brexit altogether gained 4.39 million signatures in just three days after May told the public "I am on your side" over Brexit and urged lawmakers to get behind her deal.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

And: "Today’s mass People’s Vote march doesn’t represent the majority of British people, Nigel Farage has told a rally of 200 people in a pub car park."

Errr? OK, given that more than half the people now support Brexit - which is doubtful, what the f@#k, you're gonna take the UK out of the EU against the wishes of nearly half of the UK population. Well, good luck with that.

16 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

How would the cabinet voting through May's deal be convenient for the remainers?  JRM is now coming round to voting for May's deal and bringing other hard line Brexiteers with him.  They are the ones folding in fear of a no-Brexit, endorsing the very deal they were so vehemently against.

What remainers would prefer is for indicative votes in the house next week and not for May's deal to go through.

Because it wouldnt be a Brexit , it would be a "remain" under different conditions 

Be more concerned re terrorist acts being committed by islamic loonies..German security forces arrested 10 of them yesterday as they were preparing to do their vile deed.

Well if someone who doesn't want to see the horrors of their last campaign repeated is a "bottle merchant" then yes I'm a "bottle merchant".

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Cameron and others were lying when they promised people that the referendum result would be implemented. They knew full well it could only ever be advisory and that parliament, as the sovereign body must decide. 

Yes, the referendum result was advisory. But its advisory status is now irrelevant because the bill to invoke A50 passed. So, yes, the referendum could have been ignored before that decision, It wasn't. The parliament decided. The parliamentary decision is now legally binding. The decision can be overturned, according to parliamentary procedures, but until that happens the bill stands.

31 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Be more concerned re terrorist acts being committed by islamic loonies..German security forces arrested 10 of them yesterday as they were preparing to do their vile deed.

Totally agree but I don't want another gang of nutters on the streets causing even more havoc.

23 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Yes, the referendum result was advisory. But its advisory status is now irrelevant because the bill to invoke A50 passed. So, yes, the referendum could have been ignored before that decision, It wasn't. The parliament decided. The parliamentary decision is now legally binding. The decision can be overturned, according to parliamentary procedures, but until that happens the bill stands.

Oops!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/23/remain-mps-plan-vote-revoke-article-50

12 hours ago, vogie said:

But your definition of a hard brexiteer differs from most peoples, hard brexiteers in parliament are the MPs that want to give the electorate what they voted for and by definition are the only true believers in democracy.

Wonder what language you'd be speaking had they put appeasement up for a binding opinion poll in the '30's?

I'll betcha a lot of those Appeasementeers would be looking for a second vote right about the time they started rounding up the British enemies of the Nazi State...

Edit:  There's a reason you don't have a direct democracy.  You can't have it one way on some topics, and another way on others.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

That's just providing an excuse for terrorism. 

No, it’s pretty much arguing that decisions have consequences. And the UK has an agreement that keeps the peace in Ireland. A vote that results in breaching that agreement has consequences. A no deal Brexit necessitates customs borders, something that is precluded by the Good Friday agreement. 

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

No, it’s pretty much arguing that decisions have consequences. And the UK has an agreement that keeps the peace in Ireland. A vote that results in breaching that agreement has consequences. A no deal Brexit necessitates customs borders, something that is precluded by the Good Friday agreement. 

Is that Remainers saying " Leave the E.U and face IRA terrorism again " ?

Are you making a thinly veiled threat ?

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Interesting legal and constitutional situation indeed. In essence, seeing that the withdrawal act constitutes that UK leaves EU on March 29th - and does so by law -  there are no other options but a statutory instrument to amend the law and delay Brexit. Get that in place before March 29th and the 'remainers' still have a case. Otherwise, this is not a question of preventing Brexit, it's about promoting rejoining (Brentry?), because we leave on March 29th whether the 'remainers' like it or not.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No, I’m stating an obvious consequence of erecting a border in NI. We’ve already seen car and postal bombs, and it hasn’t started yet. As I’m not in the IRA I’m hardly likely to be making threats, am I?

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

Interesting legal and constitutional situation indeed. In essence, seeing that the withdrawal act constitutes that UK leaves EU on March 29th - and does so by law -  there are no other options but a statutory instrument to amend the law and delay Brexit. Get that in place before March 29th and the 'remainers' still have a case. Otherwise, this is not a question of preventing Brexit, it's about promoting rejoining (Brentry?), because we leave on March 29th whether the 'remainers' like it or not.

Come back to us all on 29 March 2019 and explain why you got that wrong.

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A quite ridiculous conclusion.

To make such a threat one would need to have some control over the process by which the IRA gives orders.

Recognising the risk of violence is not making threats.

Away with such hogwash.

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Come back to us all on 29 March 2019 and explain why you got that wrong.

Just trying to explain the legal implications. The law is very clear, hence my reference to an emerging constitutional situation. Furthermore, I am unaware of the number of statutory instruments submitted required to amend the law. Contrary to yourself, I am confident MPs are fully aware of this emerging and alarming issue.

13 hours ago, vogie said:

All we have here is mob rule, and mob rule will never replace elections or a referendum.

Exactly.  The will of the people must be obeyed, however foolish.  THat's why we elect a government - to do the stupid things we are too stupid to do ourselves

21 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Just trying to explain the legal implications. The law is very clear, hence my reference to an emerging constitutional situation. Furthermore, I am unaware of the number of statutory instruments submitted required to amend the law. Contrary to yourself, I am confident MPs are fully aware of this emerging and alarming issue.

Fine, as I said, come back to us all on 29th March 2019 and explain why you got that wrong.

The possible outcomes are May's deal, a softer version of Brexit or a second vote and brexit thrown out. A General Election will simply lead to a softer Brexit or a second referendum.

If I were an ERG/DUP member I would vote May's deal through ... it's the hardest Brexit on offer and still allows the possibility of Canada plus in the final agreement. Backstop fears are a red herring.

26 minutes ago, Forethat said:

No-one know more than the man in the street; no-one knows more than the facebook millions.  I can hear Putin laughing from here

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Fine, as I said, come back to us all on 29th March 2019 and explain why you got that wrong.

The possible outcomes are May's deal, a softer version of Brexit or a second vote and brexit thrown out. A General Election will simply lead to a softer Brexit or a second referendum.

If I were an ERG/DUP member I would vote May's deal through ... it's the hardest Brexit on offer and still allows the possibility of Canada plus in the final agreement. Backstop fears are a red herring.

Mosley would not have surrendered to the Germans like that.  

Ask yourself - which option takes us closer to the next war in Europe?  with Europe?

I'll be dead by then, but my children might not be.

Archived