Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

As opposed to Farage's march which was a piss up for a few.

I would go to either camp if it meant a free piss up.

It is the first step to corruption if it is free.

I live in Thailand and 2 days ago the ladies turned up with pink envelopes.

I politely told them to go away.

My wife did say take the envelope and I will not vote for them anyway.

My point is that corruption is a part of our lives.

It has crept into our basic structure.

If any of the candidates has a rally in Thailand with free piss, let me know.

I will be first in the line to enter. Cheers

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

"Say goodnight to the folks , Gracie !"

You just know Basil would be a Brexiteer and the rest of the staff ardent Remainers.....

You got me there. 

Major was a bit player in the series.

They all were I guess.

So non politically funny.

You could not do a series like that anymore.

I could tell you who is to blame but that is not Mainland Europe correct anymore.

You know, the people that rule Britain now from Europe.

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I have a hard time understanding why a few hundred thousand marching to cancel Brexit somehow trumps 17.5 million Brits that voted in the official referendum. Are we living in mob rule?

It was a people's vote March ... so the same people who voted Leave can still do so. The petition was about revoke A50.

2 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

I would go to either camp if it meant a free piss up.

It is the first step to corruption if it is free.

I live in Thailand and 2 days ago the ladies turned up with pink envelopes.

I politely told them to go away.

My wife did say take the envelope and I will not vote for them anyway.

My point is that corruption is a part of our lives.

It has crept into our basic structure.

If any of the candidates has a rally in Thailand with free piss, let me know.

I will be first in the line to enter. Cheers

dtit suraa rua rang?

20 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Come back to us all on 29 March 2019 and explain why you got that wrong.

Oh no, now it's all over the news as well. I hate to be the one to tell I told you so, but...I guess the best lesson for you is to listen to the educated and well-informed people. 
Well well, turns out government officials read Thaivisa Forum for advice! ????

si_brexit.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forethat said:

Oh no, now it's all over the news as well. I hate to be the one to tell I told you so, but...I guess the best lesson for you is to listen to the educated and well-informed people. 
Well well, turns out government officials read Thaivisa Forum for advice! ????

si_brexit.jpg

You keep being told, but you never listen? On the 29th March 2019 (not long to wait) come back to us all and explain why a man with your high level of ability (even if you do say so yourself) got it so wrong?

I’ll have the popcorn at the ready.

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You keep being told, but you never listen? On the 29th March 2019 (not long to wait) come back to us all and explain why a man with your high level of ability (even if you do say so yourself) got it so wrong?

I’ll have the popcorn at the ready.

You'll need it:

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 1:29 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

From a reporter who was there. Sorry you need a VPN in Thailand but it isn't a bad read IMHO. I have only taken snippets of the full article.

We were told, breathlessly, that the initial count showed more than a million people were marching. The biggest protest march in UK history!

But, well, it wouldn’t be the first time such figures have been inflated. Let’s not forget the second Brexit referendum march in October 2018, which organisers claimed had more than 700,000 marchers, when the Greater London Authority put the number at a far more realistic 250,000.

Sophisticated analysis by the website countingcrowds.co.uk, using images of October’s march, suggested the true number was closer to 82,000. Should the same apply to yesterday’s rally, there might have been as few as 120,000 on the streets.

Of course, many Remainers came across as rational in their protests – they adore the EU and don’t want to leave. But a lot appeared to have completely lost the plot. There was, for instance, the man whose placard read: ‘If Brexit is the will of the people, then I’m a giraffe’. He wore a plastic giraffe mask.

This was strangely reassuring – the country may be divided, but at least we’re not thumping each other. Yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6843347/CHARLOTTE-GILL-attends-Peoples-Vote-march-EU-sual-suspects-armed-Waitrose-picnics.html

It is a lot easier to accurately count farages army marching on London!

On 3/24/2019 at 7:10 AM, Spidey said:

It can't be honoured. The promises of the Brexit campaign of an orderly, agreed exit that was beneficial to the UK has proved impossible to deliver. The various fractions in parliament and the EU are at a complete impasse. Let the people sort it out for them, as it was the people who got us into this mess in the first place.

Have a referendum to tell the government how to sort this mess out.

This could be academic by Friday.

17 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I didn't get it wrong. The legal situation is extraordinarily clear:

1. For UK to delay Brexit the law must be amended. I appreciate this message struggles to get across, but hey ho...

2. To amend the law, ministers can use a statutory instrument. I think most on here have managed to grasp this by now (well, there's always the one... you should probably read here: https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/laws/secondary-legislation/statutory-instruments-relating-to-brexit/ )

3. The initial March 29th Brexit requires the same statute book to be prepared. As of March 16th, there were 247 out of an estimated 600 prepared. It swings both ways. https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-8496

You don't seem to acknowledge the difference between Brexit and legal proceedings vs. constitutional kerfuffle. So, with the risk of coming across as someone using the same voice as someone speaking to an idiot, a small child or PPI customer service: from a legal and constitutional perspective UK can't remain in the EU longer than March 29th unless the law is changed. If we remain without changing it there will be legal and constitutional implications and the whole thing is likely to end up in the courts.

Feel free to tend to your popcorn cart for the remainder of the day. And by all means, post your best popcorn-making tips on here; I have children who would love to learn from a professional.

17 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I didn't get it wrong. The legal situation is extraordinarily clear:

1. For UK to delay Brexit the law must be amended. I appreciate this message struggles to get across, but hey ho...

2. To amend the law, ministers can use a statutory instrument. I think most on here have managed to grasp this by now (well, there's always the one... you should probably read here: https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/laws/secondary-legislation/statutory-instruments-relating-to-brexit/ )

3. The initial March 29th Brexit requires the same statute book to be prepared. As of March 16th, there were 247 out of an estimated 600 prepared. It swings both ways. https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-8496

You don't seem to acknowledge the difference between Brexit and legal proceedings vs. constitutional kerfuffle. So, with the risk of coming across as someone using the same voice as someone speaking to an idiot, a small child or PPI customer service: from a legal and constitutional perspective UK can't remain in the EU longer than March 29th unless the law is changed. If we remain without changing it there will be legal and constitutional implications and the whole thing is likely to end up in the courts.

Feel free to tend to your popcorn cart for the remainder of the day. And by all means, post your best popcorn-making tips on here; I have children who would love to learn from a professional.

More info here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-22/what-parliament-needs-to-do-to-change-brexit-date-from-march-29

On 3/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, yuiop said:

You, instead, should join the march to overturn democracy.

You should march with them in support of big banks, big corporations and globalist scumbags who hate the general public.

Where as farage absolutely adores the common man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh no. I wish members of this forum could let Martin Howe know that his opinion is "hogwash" or at least ask him how he got this so wrong? After all, this forum is where the REAL experts reside. With popcorn machines and all that... ???????????? 

Screenshot 2019-03-25 at 16.26.00.png

9 hours ago, shy coconut said:

It is a lot easier to accurately count farages army marching on London!

There was an anti Brexit demo at Plymouth continental ferry docs ... 12 people showed up.

This comment by protestor Karen Gadd was particularly telling of Brexit mentality...

Karen Gadd 62......

“I’m advising my kids to leave the country. Go to Greece or somewhere. I feel sorry for the people having to grow up in this country.” She has a daughter and six grandchildren. (Plymouth Herald)

The crowd later swelled to 13 as a passerby stopped so they could pat his dog. 

Edited by wilcopops