Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

I do not drink much.
A bad trap to fall into over here in Thailand.

At last something we can agree on. Just the occasional whiskey for me. Can't afford brewers droop in Thailand.

27 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Thank you but I notice that it's for the first time since 1994, hardly a ringing endorsement of management competence is it?  if it was a commercial organisation, or indeed a Sovereign government, heads would have rolled, lots of them, but naturally, not in the unaccountable EU.  

Auditors say the accounts have been accurate since 2007. But they have historically recorded significant errors in how money is paid since their first audit in 1995. In the most recent year, they found a significant part of the EU’s spending was largely error-free for the first time.

I suggest you read this in full, as it is clear that member countries, including the UK, are not fault-free, either.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

Edited by stephenterry
addition to text.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Wrong again. More comedy gold. I was the first person to speak up at my constituency meeting to point out that the WMD dossier was fake.

I wish Thai Visa's Marx Brothers (yourself, Loiner and Laughablegravy) would stop trying to guess who and what I am, my sides are aching.

We don't need to guess what you are or that we care. No need to flatter yourself. Your posts speak for themselves! No doubt you will do the usual and copy some aspect and try to come out looking smart or even funny. Usually insulting though.

If you were a true Labour man and a union man, as you state, then shame on you for selling your morals, to the EU.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

At last something we can agree on. Just the occasional whiskey for me. Can't afford brewers droop in Thailand.

There is no such thing as 'brewers droop' anymore, a magic blue pill has killed it off forever. 

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, vogie said:

All we have here is mob rule, and mob rule will never replace elections or a referendum.

When Greece threatened to leave the EU a while back the financial terrorists boarded up supermarkets threatened the cash supply ect ect ect, that is what is happening to Britain, the currency crashed first and now the politicians are scuttling the deal. 

It will be bad for citizen Joe to stay in the EU. In the long run Britain will be better of rid of the financial terrorists.

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I never said that they were fault free, it's the whole rotten organisation that needs to go, or at least we need to go from it.

A 'qualified accounts audit' in the business world is the kiss of death, at least for the CEO and FD.  

The fact is, the UK is leaving the EU for any number of different reasons, least of all qualified accounts, and therefore the government should shoulder the responsibility. The only one to blame is the UK government if Brexit doesn't meet peoples expectations, not the EU. 

I find it continuously amusing that most Brexiteers are always blaming someone else  - in this case, the EU - if things are not working out to their liking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Luckily their Pops and Grandpa have more vision, courage, creativity, intelligence, to reaslise that you don't have to be apart of a domineering corrupt entity, like the EU.

You're at it again! LoL!  China? Glad to see that you think that Mao Tse Tung had "vision, courage, creativity, intelligence," Yep, one child per family policy worked well.

If I thought it necessary, I would take you through all the countries you mentioned and point out all the economic blocks that they are aligned to. Any of them trade on WTO rules?

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You're at it again! LoL!  China? Glad to see that you think that Mao Tse Tung had "vision, courage, creativity, intelligence," Yep, one child per family policy worked well.

As I live here in China at the moment I can tell you that the future here is a lot brighter than those in the UK which as part of the EU for 44 plus years has contributed too.

Obviously you are behind the current times. One child policy is of the table and it must have worked, look at the GDP. Anyway you are digressing as usual.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If I thought it necessary, I would take you through all the countries you mentioned and point out all the economic blocks that they are aligned to. Any of them trade on WTO rules?

Firstly they are all not in the EU, Clear enough.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Interestingly, I voted to leave for the sake of my children and their children after them.  My Father fought in WW2 to keep me free, I have voted to make my kids free, of a different but equally dangerous type of European undemocratic unaccountable tyranny.  

My father also fought in WW2. However, his mother was German, so at the end of the war, he didn't allow right wing, isolationist xenophobia to fill his mind. No European undemocratic tyranny BS for him. Unlike me, he voted to join the EEC back in the day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Obviously you are behind the current times. One child policy is of the table and it must have worked, look at the GDP. Anyway you are digressing as usual.

Worked well. raised a nation of me, me , me spoilt brats, primarily male as baby girls were disposed of in their millions, to enable the parents to try again for a boy. Nice.

BTW. It was you that digressed by citing China.

Just now, Spidey said:

Worked well. raised a nation of me, me , me spoilt brats, primarily male as baby girls were disposed of in their millions, to enable the parents to try again for a boy. Nice.

So when did you live in China? Or are you basing your assumptions on what exactly?

Regardless of your baseless opinion the point is the Chinese (biggest country in the world just to remind you) are not in the EU and their GDP is more than fine.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So when did you live in China? Or are you basing your assumptions on what exactly?

I have been to both China and Hong Kong and the difference in the 2 populations is palpable. I also observe mainland Chinese holidaymakers in Pattaya on a daily basis. Very dysfunctional people.

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Maybe others, but not me.  I am quite clear in my own mind why I support leaving the EU and why I think that, in the long run, it is right for the UK, including Scotland and NI, although if NI decides to be part of a United Ireland, that would certainly get my vote.  same for an In dependant Scotland, although I don't see that happening any time soon.

So back to my reasons.  The EU is a forerunner of a Federalised Europe, where independent sovereign Nations are subsumed into the greater European Nation.  I don't want this for the UK, why, because we have little in common with most of the EU members, either culturally, by language, by the Rule and application of law,  by history, or financially.  Europe is not the United States or Australia, where federalisation works due to common shared values. and a sharing of all of the above list. 

Nest, the EU is fundamentally undemocratic and unaccountable.  The Commission is it's Civil Service, but far more powerful that the UK's and not accountable to the people.  The Presidents of both the Commission and the EU itself are appointed and not elected (take note all those who support the EU but criticise the Thais) . Nest . I support the very concept of independent sovereign , democratic Nations .  I have no issue with close economic, trade and cultural ties with other Nations, hence I supported the old EEC, but Independence of laws, defence, foreign policy and  financially accountability are, in my view, key to Nationhood. Notice, I have no issues with immigration, which I support, provided those coming to the UK are there to positively contribute and integrate. 

Sorry for the long reply, buy many here and elsewhere, think Brexit supporters are just closet racists that don't really know their own mind.  I am not and I do know exactly why I support leaving the EU.  I have never considered myself European.  I am British and proud of it. I may have lived geographically in a greater Europe, but I have no connection with it, or its peoples. 

So, to summarise, you're a xenophobe.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

My father also fought in WW2. However, his mother was German, so at the end of the war, he didn't allow right wing, isolationist xenophobia to fill his mind. No European undemocratic tyranny BS for him. Unlike me, he voted to join the EEC back in the day.

so did I and that is where it should have stopped.  See my replay later in this subject  post. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spidey said:

I have been to both China and Hong Kong and the difference in the 2 populations is palpable. I also observe mainland Chinese holidaymakers in Pattaya on a daily basis. Very dysfunctional people.

Well thanks for that. Been is not very descriptive and could be seen, as you spent a a holiday there.

Comparing tourists in Pattaya is like comparing Brits in Blackpool. Hardly a decent comparative of the population. Mainland China is huge with each city having different distinct cultural attributes.

Anyway glad you think Chinese are dysfunctional from your observations in Pattaya. How are the Brits and Europeans viewed there from your perspective. I await your wisdom.

Better not we are getting off topic.

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Well said Sir..just a pity that the remoaners do not seem bothered by the words of late Jean Monnet..or bothered by likes of the treasonous traitor Heath etc

Monnet died a long long time ago. He, De Gaulle and his ilk no longer play a part in the EU of today. You're living in the past.