Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

Correct..I now live in Thailand but lived in my home city Glasgow for almost 64 years.
There never was much ira activity in West of Scotland at all.
Quite frankly because they knew better...and that is the truth!!!
The irish community in the West of Scotland lived very quietly.
Malaga..spent wonderful times there..great memories..there were spasmodic problems with basque terrorists..bombs on beaches from memory.
Re being brave..you either stand up for yourself or cower like a frightened puppy under the bed.
If you ever show fear to terrorists..you're finished.

Ps..remember the islamic loonies that tried to destroy Glasgow Airport bout 10 years ago???!!
You know what happened there.

You don’t live there, do you Teddy? There was never much IRA activity in either Scotland or Malaga. So it’s easy to be brave.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Fine, as I said, come back to us all on 29th March 2019 and explain why you got that wrong.

The possible outcomes are May's deal, a softer version of Brexit or a second vote and brexit thrown out. A General Election will simply lead to a softer Brexit or a second referendum.

If I were an ERG/DUP member I would vote May's deal through ... it's the hardest Brexit on offer and still allows the possibility of Canada plus in the final agreement. Backstop fears are a red herring.

I didn't get that wrong. The statutory instrument required to amend the law must be in place before March 29th or the 'remainers' won't have a case. Should you be interested in the aforementioned constitutional change process I suggest you investigate how many of those instruments have been submitted to prepare the statute book for a delayed Brexit and then tell them that they are wrong. But for heaven's sake, stop blaming knowledgeable and legally skilled persons for your own ignorance before the law.

55 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

No, it’s pretty much arguing that decisions have consequences. And the UK has an agreement that keeps the peace in Ireland. A vote that results in breaching that agreement has consequences. A no deal Brexit necessitates customs borders, something that is precluded by the Good Friday agreement. 

so you are in effect saying that we are held to ransom in the UK, yet again,  by a small bigoted clique in Northern Ireland? Sooner the island of Ireland is united the better.  

6 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I didn't get that wrong. The statutory instrument required to amend the law must be in place before March 29th or the 'remainers' won't have a case. Should you be interested in the aforementioned constitutional change process I suggest you investigate how many of those instruments have been submitted to prepare the statute book for a delayed Brexit and then tell them that they are wrong. But for heaven's sake, stop blaming knowledgeable and legally skilled persons for your own ignorance before the law.

The issue is not what needs to be done to stop Brexit.

It’s the blindingly obvious observation that the withdrawal of A50 and halting of Brexit is now firmly on the table.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The issue is not what needs to be done to stop Brexit.

It’s the blindingly obvious observation that the withdrawal of A50 and halting of Brexit is now firmly on the table.

The problem is it is not on the table, Parliament is going to be electric tomorrow...

I am wondering what the odds are at William Hills for not being PM by 8pm tomorrow evening.

1 minute ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

In today’s fake news: Ten billion Britons march against Brexit, say “We love the EU”

Also coming up, taxi driver with heart of gold returns lost Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Brexiteer struggles with reality, makes poor attempt at constructing an alternative ‘reality’.

14 hours ago, vogie said:

We have had a referendum, they don't like the result.

Correct ,  too many lies told , to the people .

Traitors , fantasy farage , and bonkers ,  to  the tower , asap. 

2 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

In today’s fake news: Ten billion Britons march against Brexit, say “We love the EU”

Also coming up, taxi driver with heart of gold returns lost Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Must have got that  from the same people who write things on red buses.

If you are going to post fake news you really try being more realistic you could not even fool Leave voters with that one.  

The brexit vote has too much grey matter residing anyway. People who are no longer contributing to the systems and who likely benefited from the EU but are now wanting out and putting the youth of Britain to the sword.  Utter wankkers 

5,003,751 signatures 

Well we all like nice round numbers, but try to avoid not so nice round figures, hard to exercise in the North much these days unfortunately. Looks like an interesting week coming up as alternatives are discussed, but why bother replacing May, I can't see that changing anything now.

The thing that really disgusts me though is the death threats to the retired woman who set off this petition. That goes just the same for Ummuna, Berger, and Soubry, targeted by the Labour hard left, the Labour anti-semites, and the Brexiteers respectively. What kind of country have we become that these vile troll rats can crawl out of the sewer and make these sick threats as often as they like, with apparent impunity. I despair for us all.

On a more positive note though, two amusing signs, I saw in the march coverage.

"Ikea have got better cabinets".

"Never mind the Bulgarians, and Romanians, our real enemies are the Etonians"

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

Mosley would not have surrendered to the Germans like that.  

Ask yourself - which option takes us closer to the next war in Europe?  with Europe?

I'll be dead by then, but my children might not be.

Mosley was a Nazi sympathiser. He’d have kissed Hitler’s bahooky if he asked him to.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Correct..I now live in Thailand but lived in my home city Glasgow for almost 64 years.
There never was much ira activity in West of Scotland at all.
Quite frankly because they knew better...and that is the truth!!!
The irish community in the West of Scotland lived very quietly.
Malaga..spent wonderful times there..great memories..there were spasmodic problems with basque terrorists..bombs on beaches from memory.
Re being brave..you either stand up for yourself or cower like a frightened puppy under the bed.
If you ever show fear to terrorists..you're finished.

Ps..remember the islamic loonies that tried to destroy Glasgow Airport bout 10 years ago???!!
You know what happened there.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The IRA didn’t attack Glasgow, because they have many supporters there ... so no point in doing so.

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

Come back to us on 29th March 2019 and explain how such a legally skilled person could have got it so wrong when debating with someone who can only dream of attaining such skills. 

... cheer us all up.

23 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

5,003,751 signatures 

Well we all like nice round numbers, but try to avoid not so nice round figures, hard to exercise in the North much these days unfortunately. Looks like an interesting week coming up as alternatives are discussed, but why bother replacing May, I can't see that changing anything now.

On a related note, does anyone have a clear view on how many of those votes were cast by legitimate voters? Wouldn't it be interesting if someone with deep insight into the IT-world of gov.uk would fill us in on that...? Anyone here, perhaps...? ????

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

so you are in effect saying that we are held to ransom in the UK, yet again,  by a small bigoted clique in Northern Ireland? Sooner the island of Ireland is united the better.  

The Conservative Party is currently being held to ransom by a bigoted clique in Northern Ireland? The ransom paid was £1billion.

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The Conservative Party is currently being held to ransom by a bigoted clique in Northern Ireland? The ransom paid was £1billion.

One thing you should know, if you pay off a blackmailer they will come back for more...

40 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

On a more positive note though, two amusing signs, I saw in the march coverage.

"Ikea have got better cabinets".

"Never mind the Bulgarians, and Romanians, our real enemies are the Etonians"

Ikea , have better  cabinets ,  No bout about dat. 

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

The problem is it is not on the table, Parliament is going to be electric tomorrow...

I am wondering what the odds are at William Hills for not being PM by 8pm tomorrow evening.

Before the end of March 8/1. 

2 hours ago, Forethat said:

On a related note, does anyone have a clear view on how many of those votes were cast by legitimate voters? Wouldn't it be interesting if someone with deep insight into the IT-world of gov.uk would fill us in on that...? Anyone here, perhaps...? ????

More than you would like.

3 hours ago, Forethat said:

Apparently the government does.  They have systems to detect and delete bot and other 'suspect' votes as you must have seen if you have been following the thread.  So which are you- 'Johnny come lately didn't read the the thread' or 'dishonest rhetorical brexiteer'?

10 minutes ago, Slip said:

Apparently the government does.  They have systems to detect and delete bot and other 'suspect' votes as you must have seen if you have been following the thread.  So which are you- 'Johnny come lately didn't read the the thread' or 'dishonest rhetorical brexiteer'?

There are certainty a lot of the latter that can not come to terms with reality, even so called legal experts.

Archived