Work Permit Cancellation Process

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The cancelation letter could be dated for a later date. 

There in no visa you can apply for. You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your husband if you need more time.

Am I possible apply the extension based on marriage before the date of the cancellation letter stated?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The cancelation letter could be dated for a later date. 

There in no visa you can apply for. You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your husband if you need more time.

Am I possible apply the extension based on marriage after getting the cancellation letter from my company?

• 1 year later...

Is this still the case right now? I mean this post is already 5 years old/2 years old already. I hope it's still the same given that my previous employer nor my agency liaison ain't doing anything to provide me necessary documents to help me cancel my work permit or even assist me. 

My understanding is that the process remains unchanged. With a letter from your company specifying the date when they no longer wish you to have an extension based on working (often, but not necessarily, a termination letter) you can go to Immigration and have your permission to stay adjusted. If on the date your permission to stay based on working ends, you do not have a new extension which allows working, Immigration will want to see confirmation that your work permit is cancelled. Yes, this does require a modicum of cooperation from your employer.