No-deal Brexit fears rise as parliament sinks May's deal

rooster59

1 minute ago, Greenisland said:

EU has been changing itself, like any other EU member country has done as well. 

The folks who now are so much against EU, know virtually nothing about EU. Ignorant racist ranters they are, nothing more.

I do know this, the EU President, the EU Commission President and the 28 EU Commissioners, all of who have all the power,  are all appointed and not elected, so not accountable to the people of the EU. I want to be able to vote out incompetent politicos and time servers in the Commission, you can't do that in the EU. It is, in effect, a benign (so far, but be warned) Dictatorship. That's enough for me. And some people on this forum, actually quite a lot, are quick to criticise the Thais and the Junta.  Ha ha,  what a joke. The EU peoples live under much the same system. In fact, arguably, Thailand is the more democratic of the two. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

I was talking about generally , not people conducting business .

Lets try again :

What language do people from non-English speaking Countries speak to Thais in ?

Would a German come to Thailand and speak to the locals in German , Mandarin, Hindi or English ?

Hindi is popular these days...the indians have replaced the skint brits ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, candide said:

There is no EU president. The others you cite are appointed or elected by elected national governments and/or elected MEPs.

Jean Claude Juncka

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

I call a spade a spade..give u little clue..I'm both a Royalist and a Unionist[emoji6]

Yes. That's what you and your kind of people really are. 

You can take it as a badge of honour, I don't care. 

I wish you could be honest about yourself. But that would require courage, which you clearly lack. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

is the British cabinet elected? No, the members are appointed by a Prime Minister.

they are elected members, they are appointed to a cabinet post but are still accountable to their constituents, not so the Commissioners, who are elected by nobody. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Greenisland said:

Oh my! Are you talking about EU commission or UK parliament where the government is appointed, not elected?

You could as well talk about unelected bureaucrats in EU, or in Whitehall.. or should we talk about the dutiful civil servants who work for our benefit? Which case it should be if we drop the double standards on our speaks?

Little folks..

I am no apologist for UK civil servants or politicians,  who are all a bunch of muppets. 

• Like 1

Tell u something else..I wish the UK Govt had the ba$$s to employ Big Joke as a consultant to help the UKBA catch and get rid of all the illegals in the UK.
Especially those involved in organised crime!!!!!

I'm well aware of your presence. I see who you really are. Racist. grumpy racists person. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

they are elected members, they are appointed to a cabinet post but are still accountable to their constituents, not so the Commissioners, who are elected by nobody. 

Does the law impose that they must be elected?

27 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

so appointed then

Same case for Theresa May after Cameron "run off" (read : deserted...) , she was not elected neither as PM at that moment , ….just a follow up appointee ..are the lords of house of lords ..elected ?? 

Edited by david555

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I am no apologist for UK civil servants or politicians,  who are all a bunch of muppets. 

You can blame the elected politicians as much as you wish, but you can't really blame the unelected civil servants, who are doing their jobs the best they can.

Learn the difference. 

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2019 at 3:16 PM, geoffbezoz said:

Hardly at all as Merkel is not standing for re-election and the UK produces virtually nothing now that Germany actually wants. Thatcher , that other evil women saw to that. Why is it that these two Tory women have damaged the UK economy far more than Hitler did or even aspired to ?

When Thatcher became PM, I was paying 16% on my mortgage, just after she left I was paying 3% on my mortgage.

She only did what wanted doing, curbing the trade unions and,  doing something with the Dinosaur of nationalised industries .and at the time I was living in North Notts, in the middle of a mining community, not nice.

As for Mrs May, she goes who else could do the job? or who would want the job, it would be a short time in No 10, so do not throw away the house movers card 

I know she is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, it is not going to go as she wants, 12th April, Thai's will be celebrating Songkran, what will the Uk be doing.

I would like to know what per cent of those who voted to leave, are thinking that was not such a good idea.

The latest U.K politicians plans ….. better let some African migrants throw the chicken bones ,to see Brexit future :thumbsup:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/31/labour-may-call-fresh-vote-of-no-confidence-in-theresa-may

A) Labour may call fresh vote of no confidence in Theresa May 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/30/furious-tory-mps-tell-theresa-may-they-will-block-snap-election

B) Furious Tory MPs tell May: we’ll block snap Brexit election 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/31/theresa-may-accept-soft-brexit-if-parliament-backs-it-says-minister

C ) PM may have to accept soft Brexit if Commons backs it, says minister 
David Gauke says May would have to ‘look closely’ at customs union if MPs voted for it