Cough, cough

Konini

Wearing the mask was never for me..... just harder for me to breathe.   But this morning coming into my office it was the worst I have ever seen it..... and that was just by eye sight.   Got the mask on now.    By the way ...... can anyone tell me how to have my morning coffee??  Can I get a straw with a filter anywhere?

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Haha 2

It IS bad today. I can't see Maya at all from my windows, and even Hillside 4 is hard to make out. To the East, Kad Suen Kaew is almost invisible. I, too, have never seen it this bad. Today will be the third day this year to wear a mask! Worst I've ever seen.

36 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Got back from a month in Tasmania yesterday and it's like moving back to Hell.  Wife now says we should move away from Chiang Mai for good as the useless local Politicians will do nothing to help even though their own families are being poisoned on a daily basis.

Sad situation but indicative of this country and all its unsolvable problems.

Tasmania, indeed an extreme comparison between good and bad and healthy and unhealthy air. Something I am looking forward to in 6 weeks time.

Agree about smog level, after a couple of days of only unhealthy which I have sadly started to be happy with, this morning we are back at 500+ hazardous levels. Photos of my garden would need "de-haze" post processing.

The other thing I wonder with this known pollution is if you are covered by health insurance for ailments or would the insurers argue any illness is self inflicted as the pollution is widely known?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If you want to stay then stay there. If you can move away. If you have children why are you staying there? 

It will never improve sorry to say.

This year becsuse if the El Nino effect it will posdible be the hottest April May and June on record which will prolong the smog.. 

Get out of Dodge!!

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Got back from a month in Tasmania yesterday and it's like moving back to Hell.  Wife now says we should move away from Chiang Mai for good as the useless local Politicians will do nothing to help even though their own families are being poisoned on a daily basis.

Sad situation but indicative of this country and all its unsolvable problems.

It's slowly got worse here since the you know who have been in power. It amazes me that people still support them....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

We live in Mae Rim and I just sampled the outside air using a Xiaomi pager-sized tester.  It reported that the PM 2.5 level was ranging between 590-610.  Looking at aqi.org data for this area, the nearest professional instrumented reporting station is located at San Sai Hospital and it was reporting 584.  That is seriously bad and its long term effects on health are incalculable, never mind the forced inconvenience and angst of being stuck inside for days on end.  We're reaching the end of our rope with the apparent ineptitude displayed by the local government, unable to cope or unwilling to declare a major environmental disaster and request national resources to quelch the continual burning that goes on without let-up.  Holding us all ransom so ignorant villagers can  grow and sell mushrooms or clear huge swaths of corn fields is insane.  I have no idea of how many firefighting aircraft are available in Thailand but surely, the junta government with all of the military expertise at its immediate disposal can get its collective head out of the sand and take necessary and proper action.  It may be time for those than can, to pack up and get out of this region to sanctuary elsewhere.  

Don't worry, they will be shooting their water pistols into the air in a couple of weeks... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fore Man said:

We live in Mae Rim and I just sampled the outside air using a Xiaomi pager-sized tester.  It reported that the PM 2.5 level was ranging between 590-610.  Looking at aqi.org data for this area, the nearest professional instrumented reporting station is located at San Sai Hospital and it was reporting 584.  That is seriously bad and its long term effects on health are incalculable, never mind the forced inconvenience and angst of being stuck inside for days on end.  We're reaching the end of our rope with the apparent ineptitude displayed by the local government, unable to cope or unwilling to declare a major environmental disaster and request national resources to quelch the continual burning that goes on without let-up.  Holding us all ransom so ignorant villagers can  grow and sell mushrooms or clear huge swaths of corn fields is insane.  I have no idea of how many firefighting aircraft are available in Thailand but surely, the junta government with all of the military expertise at its immediate disposal can get its collective head out of the sand and take necessary and proper action.  It may be time for those than can, to pack up and get out of this region to sanctuary elsewhere.  

they are more interested in purchasing submarines from their cousins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1