Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

Link doesn't work for me.

However, another interesting fact that I learned only yesterday is that 65% of Labour voters (primarily working class) voted remain.

The Labour party has let it's electorate down badly by not strongly backing the remain campaign. It will cost them.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Link doesn't work for me.

However, another interesting fact that I learned only yesterday is that 65% of Labour voters (primarily working class) voted remain.

The Labour party has let it's electorate down badly by not strongly backing the remain campaign. It will cost them.

A link would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Really?  On a Thai forum?

Yes, I decided to retire at the age of 47 and now receive company pensions, but am still well below the age of receiving a state pension.  Plus, I pay tax on my company pensions.

My income has been badly affected by the exchange rate, but the vitriol of remain posters and the duplicity of the uk govt. has turned me into a firm leaver!

Please get over your delusions about leavers.

your just an individual. an individual will not change my opinion of what i believe which is the majority of old folks voted leave (its not even debatable as we have the facts) and the majority of benefit scroungers or benefit receivers if it makes you feel better voted leave,the latter is my opinion.i have no delusions about leave voters some will of had genuine reason to want out,hot spots of high immigration etc,so did you actually vote leave,i didnt even vote but saw the stupidity of it within weeks/a few months its a total farce and farage and BJ were full of lies and no plans of how to deliver it properly,it could have a chance done properly.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

I'm still confused by these 'statistics'.

It was an anonymous vote, so how on earth do these organisations come up with these statistics?

Typical Brexiteer, if the facts don't agree with you, deny them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Even if you are right I would rather listen to old folk who went through a lot than the iPhone brigade......Are you a member of the iPhone brigade...?

Quite.

It is mostly the young who are 'glued' to their 'phones and soaking up info. from their facebooks and the like.  Which is why I'm wondering why the remain folk are convinced that it was older folk that were biased by these influences??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

It is mostly the young who are 'glued' to their 'phones and soaking up info. from their facebooks and the like.  Which is why I'm wondering why the remain folk are convinced that it was older folk that were biased by these influences??

When I was a kid I knew everything, and I never had a phone of any description.....With age stuff seems to level out and knee jerk takes a back seat...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

Old folks were influenced by generations of racist xenophobia. back in the fifties, the British were incredibly vocal with their racism. My grandmother, on my mother's side, would only refer to my father as "that international". We went to live in a Yorkshire pit village when I was a toddler and my father was openly referred to as "the bloody foreigner". At school, I was referred to as "the son of the bloody foreigner".

Racism in that generation (what's left of it) remains strong, and as I illustrated before, racism, for many, is what Brexit is all about.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bomber said:

your just an individual. an individual will not change my opinion of what i believe which is the majority of old folks voted leave (its not even debatable as we have the facts) and the majority of benefit scroungers or benefit receivers if it makes you feel better voted leave,the latter is my opinion.i have no delusions about leave voters some will of had genuine reason to want out,hot spots of high immigration etc,so did you actually vote leave,i didnt even vote but saw the stupidity of it within weeks/a few months its a total farce and farage and BJ were full of lies and no plans of how to deliver it properly,it could have a chance done properly.

Unlike you, I debated the subject before the referendum, and being unsure - decided not to vote.

As mentioned previously, the vitriol of remainers and the duplicity of MPs has resulted in my voting leave in any future referendum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Great. ☹️

Two posters claiming "facts", but not providing any evidence to support them as such....  Instead, they prefer to rely on the opinions of 'experts' and ignore the 'fact' that it was an anonymous vote...…

So demographic facts produced by YouGov are just the opinions of experts?

Sorry but you've just proved my point.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Old folks were influenced by generations of racist xenophobia. back in the fifties, the British were incredibly vocal with their racism. My grandmother, on my mother's side, would only refer to my father as "that international". We went to live in a Yorkshire pit village when I was a toddler and my father was openly referred to as "the bloody foreigner". At school, I was referred to as "the son of the bloody foreigner".

Racism in that generation (what's left of it) remains strong, and as I illustrated before, racism, for many, is what Brexit is all about.

Know what you mean, as I used to have the same arguments with some of my older relatives ????.

And now I'm a leaver.  What does that tell you?

• Like 2

Know what you mean, as I used to have the same arguments with some of my older relatives ????.

And now I'm a leaver.  What does that tell you?

You were sold on their argument?

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So it wasn't an anonymous vote?  YouGov (????) has all the answers as they know the age and educational attainments of all voters?

I seriously hope you're wrong in this respect, as it would obviously mean that voting isn't at all anonymous! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

The adds were on Facebook - Facebook (and to a lesser extent Twitter) now have a mostly older demographic. Young people have moved on to other things like instagram  

• Haha 1

So it wasn't an anonymous vote?  YouGov (????) has all the answers as they know the age and educational attainments of all voters?

I seriously hope you're wrong in this respect, as it would obviously mean that voting isn't at all anonymous! 

YouGov statistics are generally accepted as accurate. If you disagree, I suggest that you do some research and get back to us.

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Votes are cast by anonymous voters - but perhaps you know that YouGov have ignored this, and have recorded and looked into the history of every voter?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not at all, but of course you would prefer to believe this.

I would be genuinely interested why having arguments on racism with your older relatives influenced you to vote leave.

Unfortunately, you haven't stated the reason so I had to make a wild guess.

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

The adds were on Facebook - Facebook (and to a lesser extent Twitter) now have a mostly older demographic. Young people have moved on to other things like instagram  

Really, does that have free drugs installed where a sofa is not needed...? ????....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Votes are cast by anonymous voters - but perhaps you know that YouGov have ignored this, and have recorded and looked into the history of every voter?

I don't know anything of the sort. All I know is that YouGov stats are generally accepted as accurate.

As I suggested, do your research and let us know your findings.