Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sandyf said:

What on earth has that got to do with voting.

When leavers have no argument they try and change direction.

UK leavers want their streets back controlled by the UK, they do not want German, Belgian or Greek streets controlled by any or all of them..Get used to the fact....????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

UK leavers want their streets back controlled by the UK, they do not want German, Belgian or Greek streets controlled by any or all of them..Get used to the fact....????

I doubt any foreigners would want to be on the UK streets,especialy london or londonderry

1 minute ago, bomber said:

I doubt any foreigners would want to be on the UK streets,especialy london or londonderry

You reckon.....Gawd .....????

Did you not know that the UK embassy in India is overrun with visa applicants...The UK immigration service is spending zillions in France trying to catch foreigners stowing away on anything to live anywhere in the UK...????

1 minute ago, Liverpudlian said:

seems like the opposit to me hence NO GO ZONES. for us natives.

Nowhere like that where i live but i do belive they exist here and there,mainly 2nd and 3rd generaration windrush folks drug dealers and knife heads and nothing to do with EU economic workers.but as usual you will blame the EU

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

Nowhere like that where i live but i do belive they exist here and there,mainly 2nd and 3rd generaration windrush folks drug dealers and knife heads and nothing to do with EU economic workers.but as usual you will blame the EU

So EU folk/workers don't commit crime in the UK....Are you living in a cupboard....?

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You reckon.....Gawd .....????

Did you not know that the UK embassy in India is overrun with visa applicants...The UK immigration service is spending zillions in France trying to catch foreigners stowing away on anything to live anywhere in the UK...????

Visa applications can be rejected so that us not an issue and anyway that would still be the case if we left...you really need to get real,as for france they give the immigrants nowt its our govt that lavishes them again nowt to do with the EU..but you aint going to have it...your paranoid

1 minute ago, transam said:

So EU folk/workers don't commit crime in the UK....Are you living in a cupboard....?

Of coarse they do,probably on a par with our lot in spain or any other EU nation,an ex girl friend of mine was a rep on the costas and told me a room brake in was as likely to be a brit as much as a local.

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

Of coarse they do,probably on a par with our lot in spain or any other EU nation,an ex girl friend of mine was a rep on the costas and told me a room brake in was as likely to be a brit as much as a local.

"Break in".....Are you a Brit...?  ????

3 hours ago, bomber said:

i was visited a hospital in the UK a few days ago to see a relative,i was gobsmacked at the amount of african staff,why on earth we have to rely on these people is mind boggling it seems the young females of the UK are more interested in claiming benefits and knocking out jam eaters than learning a profession,something sadly wrong

3 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps the UK has made life to easy, which has worked both ways for nationals and immigrants.....Your Africans who came to work in the UK also won their lottery....

More to do that we have made it hard and expensive to become a nurse in this country - the elimination of nursing bursaries for a start - while not increasing nursing pay sufficiently to reward the necessary investment in time and money.

The result - we suck in loads of nurses from poorer countries where the training is still state funded, but the pay is even worse. May jobs were being filled by EU staff, but brexit has persuaded  them the UK is not an attractive destination.

Exactly the same thing is going to happen with other jobs that rely on immigrant workforces as the pay and conditions are not attractive to resident workers - we'll get africans working on farms soon too.       

3 hours ago, bomber said:

correct the next one will be even more chaotic,we aint seen nothing yet,15-20 years of squabling ahead,while the EU just carries on as normal and laffing at the UK

GIven the state of affairs now, chaos in the any new UK government is quite likely in the short-term. The EU is rather unique - there is certainly no normality to continue with - the EU can laugh if it wants to but it will continue to disintegrate and become more and more unpopular across Europe.

30 minutes ago, tebee said:

I think he was complaining about your spelling...

grammar police at work again,amazing how they manage to find such trivial things when it suits,if i had spelt out means out correctly iam sure everything would be fine.

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

GIven the state of affairs now, chaos in the any new UK government is quite likely in the short-term. The EU is rather unique - there is certainly no normality to continue with - the EU can laugh if it wants to but it will continue to disintegrate and become more and more unpopular across Europe.

I don't see any sign of a consensus appearing any time soon that would give us a stable government. The country has been too badly split and polarized by this, the blame game will go on for years.

Nobody is now predicting any economic benefits from brexit, it will leave us all poorer , so the choices is going to be the Tories and more austerity or Labour and rampant inflation, neither are good , neither   are what the UK needs.    

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

not sure how you can say short term as the next GE could still be 2 years away then another 4-5 years of chaos at the very least,as for the EU it will out live the majority of posters on this forum,again i ask when are you expecting another nation to leave and when are you expecting the whole thing come tumbling down,an orderly disintegration would take 6-10 years imo from the day it was voted for/agreed to,so bearing in mind there isnt a sniff or a sketch ???????? of a plan to start the process you can add 5-10 years on to the 6-10,you can continue dreaming/hoping but thats the reality of the situation.

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It was close to bust about 9 years ago.

america was even nearer,along with the majority of europe including the UK,that crisis has has very little to do with the EU,UK and brexit,all recovered more or less equally.

38 minutes ago, tebee said:

I don't see any sign of a consensus appearing any time soon that would give us a stable government. The country has been too badly split and polarized by this, the blame game will go on for years.

Nobody is now predicting any economic benefits from brexit, it will leave us all poorer , so the choices is going to be the Tories and more austerity or Labour and rampant inflation, neither are good , neither   are what the UK needs.    

There are other choices, with some of these having become rather popular, if the polls are to be credited. 

29 minutes ago, bomber said:

america was even nearer,along with the majority of europe including the UK,that crisis has has very little to do with the EU,UK and brexit,all recovered more or less equally.

But the comment was about Ireland, which although doing much better, still holds huge debt, with very large interest payments on that debt. 

37 minutes ago, bomber said:

not sure how you can say short term as the next GE could still be 2 years away then another 4-5 years of chaos at the very least,as for the EU it will out live the majority of posters on this forum,again i ask when are you expecting another nation to leave and when are you expecting the whole thing come tumbling down,an orderly disintegration would take 6-10 years imo from the day it was voted for/agreed to,so bearing in mind there isnt a sniff or a sketch ???????? of a plan to start the process you can add 5-10 years on to the 6-10,you can continue dreaming/hoping but thats the reality of the situation.

The next GE could be sooner than you think. The length of chaos for a new UK government will directly depend on the final outcome and effects of Brexit. I don't expect the EU to last longer than me, at least in its present form. I don't have a timeline for other nations to leave but such an event is not necessarily required for the whole thing come tumbling down, as the most likely catalyst will be the next economic crisis - in that case then there would be no orderly disintegration and it would not necessarily have been planned - I'm not dreaming or hoping for this but I see it as a very likely event and this one of the main reasons I want the UK  to get out. 

Best Wishes

Nauseus

They don’t let him out you know. I’m sure the nurses don’t know he’s got a SIM, they think he just spends hours playing candy crush on his iPad.

48 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Eire is a big subsidy junkie eu member state old boy

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

like i said its gone very well in the last 20-30 years,as have all EU members,a better eire economy helps the UK as its closest neighbour but i doubt you would understand that,you've spend too much time on the terraces singing "no surrender" ????,as for old boy iam 17 years your junior 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

But the comment was about Ireland, which although doing much better, still holds huge debt, with very large interest payments on that debt. 

and what are the interest rates? btw the UK isnt too far behind eire and has much larger household debt that cannot go on much longer,£15k per household before mortgages and rising,you seem to forget these stats

Archived