Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Of coarse they would..they need our money..but watch for strings attached..eg..compulsary 2nd ref etc.
All Brexiteers should google Sir Patrick Moore.." Britain on the brink"..the eu tried to suppress it..SURPRISE SURPRISE

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The EU are terrified of loosing our money, no other reason. The remainers want to drag this along as they know demographics will alter a second referendum result.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Patriot1066 said:

The EU are terrified of loosing our money, no other reason. The remainers want to drag this along as they know demographics will alter a second referendum result.

I don't think the EU are terrified of anything, they have finally got us where they want us. Our weak kneed MPs are trying to take the crash out deal off the table, we have no bargaining chips left. Its a case of a bad deal or a really bad deal. May has defected to the Labour Party and won't take the advice of her own party. Unless by some miracle we actually drop out we are stuffed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't think the EU are terrified of anything, they have finally got us where they want us. Our weak kneed MPs are trying to take the crash out deal off the table, we have no bargaining chips left. Its a case of a bad deal or a really bad deal. May has defected to the Labour Party and won't take the advice of her own party. Unless by some miracle we actually drop out we are stuffed.

MIGRANTS BENEFITS BILL 

EU migrants in Britain claimed more than £4bn a year in benefits

More money wasted on the EU gravy chain from today’s Sun newspaper

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Help more to shape a positive relationship for all sides rather than create a war of political attrition.

It is the future that matters most to all parties.

How have the EU created a war of political attrition? I view them as an organisation that seeks consensus.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't think that Grouse voted in the referendum but no matter.

IMHO the 16,141,241 who voted to remain were wrong

Massively wrong

I'm from the UK also and this response is simply my opinion.

I travelled to the UK specifically to vote.

NEXT!

There you go again with your delightful turns of phrase..still..when you move lock stock and barrel to your beloved denmark..you'll be oh so happy as being less than a number in the autocratic united states of europe.

I'm sure the EU will be delighted to get rid of time wasting, grumbling morons. It is of course hugely ironic that it is these very same morons who will suffer the greatest harm by leaving, particularly if there is no deal! But they are morons after all!

• Like 1

D/d..please remember what we said about yorkshire pudding[emoji6]

Can we please get over thinking that insults are a genuine contribution to this discussion???

I'm sick and tired of the repeated insults and petty arguments amongst posters - and I'm pretty sure most posters feel the same way.

We don't need to downgrade to the lowest common denominator.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I do think that Brexiteers Project Fear is far more alluring....

Brexit: Buying ham sandwich in Derry to eat in Donegal could be illegal from Saturday week

In a no-deal scenario taking shopping from Newry to Dundalk will be ‘smuggling’ – EU

image.png.f08bed817c9feaf319e58cda38ef1e1b.png

Buying a ham sandwich in Derry and walking across the Border to eat it in Donegal could be illegal from Saturday week, an act of smuggling. As could that family weekly supermarket shopping trip to Newry from Dundalk.

If the UK leaves the EU on April 13th with no-deal, a scenario now described by the commission as “highly likely”, the imposition of health controls between the EU and this “third country” will bring with it a ban on the export to the EU of all animal-based products, including meats and dairy products. From ham to pork pies, and Cheddar to Wensleydale. Butter too.

Unless, that is, an exporter is registered on an EU authorised exporter list as conforming to EU production and health standards.

Commission officials briefing journalists on no-deal planning for food and health product imports confirmed on Thursday that would mean prohibitions on all such material crossing the Irish Border, whether or not there are border posts and controls on it.

In practice that may mean there will be no-one to take the ham sandwich off you on the Donegal side of the Border.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/brexit-buying-ham-sandwich-in-derry-to-eat-in-donegal-could-be-illegal-from-saturday-week-1.3849639?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&fbclid=IwAR3U6M8XWDEvevbcEXPBVwPRWkGO7GIpoW-wKGoKTfULkylcFaTQKMswNnc

Depressing.  Project fear in overdrive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

The Remainers told us we would be doomed the minute we invoked article 50. Wages up (less EU cheap labour?) Ecconomy growing faster than Germany, unemployment down, national debt down, remains project fear was aparantly untrue.

Wages up would be a good thing surely..you forget that a hard brexit has never been on the cards since A50 was triggered,the govt stopped listening to idiots and bulldogs and listened more to busisneses and experts

Usual they need us waffle...macron for sure doesnt want us...eire yes for obvious reasons,germany dont seem bothered euther way..the rest dont seem bothered other than a few dutch flower sellers and spanish orange growers...no big deal

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Their ultimate aim is a united states of europe..they want member countries to surrender their sovereignty to brussels jobsworths.
Do you deny that???

the UK is a united nations of great britain,with several islands and launguages...not too much different to what you despise imo

• Haha 1

MIGRANTS BENEFITS BILL 

EU migrants in Britain claimed more than £4bn a year in benefits

More money wasted on the EU gravy chain from today’s Sun newspaper

Iam sure the sun could get that figure a bit higher

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

the UK is a united nations of great britain,with several islands and launguages...not too much different to what you despise imo

Daft post...

.Do I think right that you are not from the UK...?

• Like 2