Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

If you wanted to spread the word of Christianity as an example, would you have two thirds non believers (Atheists/Heathens) doing it and coming up with a plan to be successful.

Well the analogy is the same for Brexit and the cabinet. 2/3 remainers and you wonder why it is going the way it is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bomber said:

the UK is a united nations of great britain,with several islands and launguages...not too much different to what you despise imo

You have Scouse, Yorkshire, Brummy, Glaswegian, Cornish and a good few others which are variations of English, although many could argue differently.????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Think you're a lost cause

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Does back to what ive said on here many times...anyone and there are probably a million or over who served in any british forces will of voted leave without even thinking about it...its a pity we dont have any figures but i know 10 or 11 and every single one voted leave..their choice i do not dispute that but forces life certainly influenced their thinking...and yes most do have bulldogs and unionjack tatts

Edited by bomber
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I have never suffered from myopia but my perception is that the EU never wanted to make this exercise 'easy'.

It was never going to be easy from day one, DC was warned about the Belfast Agreement but took no notice. The EU have a vested interest in the peace process, after all they have been funding it for 20 years. The Belfast Agreement was based on both countries being members of the EU, but how many gave it a second thought before putting their mark on the ballot paper.

159.The positive role played by the EU in relation to the peace process can be encapsulated in four areas: the safeguards that EU membership provides in underpinning the Belfast/Good Friday Agreement; the role that common UK-Irish EU membership played and continues to play in transforming relations between the two countries; the effect of common EU membership in diluting cross-community tensions in Northern Ireland; and the positive impact of EU funding in Northern Ireland.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/76/7607.htm

The focus so far has been on the border but this is not over by a long way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

Oh, was it discussed  contribution amount ? …. or is a timetable for the payments for our 39 Bill. set ? maybe a cash advance already …? :thumbsup: of course keeping it secret for the U.K. electorate ...

Or was simple a new binding referendum promised...…?

Exactly.

Still no explanation as to how 39 bn has been calculated.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Exactly.

Still no explanation as to how 39 bn has been calculated.....

Never mind , just pay it ….:thumbsup: probably may has the note somewhere mislead at checkers basements...:biggrin: behind a newly masonry wall :whistling: copperplated  " classified "

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You have Scouse, Yorkshire, Brummy, Glaswegian, Cornish and a good few others which are variations of English, although many could argue differently.????

Except for possibly the Geordie? Nobody could honestly argue with them since nobody would have a bloody clue what they're saying in the first place.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I place the point where the front of the pantomime horse parted company with the arse-end was probably during Blair's New Labour ver 2.0

ver 3.0 was just the curdling of the cream.

Sometimes Nan Laew, you think too deeply......................????