Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Evidence, as far as the brexiteer is concerned, is nothing more than fake news. They firmly believe that everybody that should have had the right to vote had the right to vote, and that Vote Leave have done nothing wrong.

Whatever happened to 'beyond reasonable doubt'?, politicians that supported the referendum breached their own guidelines on human justice.

Can we see your evidence for that?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aright said:

Correct! The burden of proof lies with someone making a claim not on anyone else to disprove. 

If you claim a teapot is orbiting the Sun between the Earth and Mars you need to provide evidence. Not to do so questions the veracity of the claim and the age of the claimant.

No you don't...rational people understand this is not true. Only those gullible enough to vote for unicorns will require burden of proof. The

3 hours ago, aright said:

Yet another fallacious requirement for burden of proof......it seems to be coming a Brexit trait.requirement is therefore fallacious. Further indication of a lack of real arguments.

12 hours ago, aright said:

Correct! The burden of proof lies with someone making a claim not on anyone else to disprove. 

If you claim a teapot is orbiting the Sun between the Earth and Mars you need to provide evidence. Not to do so questions the veracity of the claim and the age of the claimant.

No you don't...rational people understand this is not true. Only those gullible enough to vote for unicorns will require burden of proof. The

3 hours ago, aright said:

Yet another fallacious requirement for burden of proof......it seems to be coming a Brexit trait.requirement is therefore fallacious. Further indication of a lack of real arguments.

£1.5bn spunked up the wall for nowt - thanks Leavers. Britain is broken the 'Remainers' are just catching up with the dispossed leavers. If I had kids I would be worried for the future , there is poison in our body-politic the like of which I have never seen before. ????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/11/uk-stands-down-6000-no-deal-brexit-staff-after-spending-15bn

• Like 1

Toe the party line - taken to a whole new level. If we can't break the deadlock, try and "break" the MPs.

Conservative MP Johnny Mercer has just tweeted this, suggesting Tory whips have been asking his old army friends for "dirt" on him...

• Benjamin Kentish
  • 11 April 2019 11:13

Teresa the appesa ..involved in this???
If so I can only hope that the Brexit Party and Ukip widely publicise this
Totally scum of the earth stuff

Toe the party line - taken to a whole new level. If we can't break the deadlock, try and "break" the MPs.

Conservative MP Johnny Mercer has just tweeted this, suggesting Tory whips have been asking his old army friends for "dirt" on him...
  • Benjamin Kentish
  • 11 April 2019 11:13

[/url]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/10/2019 at 9:48 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Thanks for your rant Sandy.

People welcomed into the UK and lived there for over 30 years not allowed to vote. How many exactly? Also many who have been there a few years and were allowed to vote.

A hypocritical referendum. Can you show us your evidence for this?

Thousands of UK citizens not allowed to vote due to shortcomings in government systems. I would say many thousands so that would have made the vote leave with an even bigger majority, is that what your saying?

An incompetent referendum. Can you show us your evidence for this and not delivering the result the referendum itself?

A life changing decision based on one vote out of 10s of millions. How many shall we have the best of 5. Wasn't there only one vote going into the ECE?

An ill-conceived referendum. Your evidence for this?

Proven illegal activity by the leave campaign.

A fraudulent referendum. Go on then tell us how and why?

"Democratic" - probably the most inappropriate adjective that could be used. What is your version of democracy. 2 votes if you have a degree? Please enlighten us?

:coffee1:

Eligibility to vote in the UK national elections.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/faq/voting-and-registration/who-is-eligible-to-vote-at-a-uk-general-election

To vote at the UK general election you must be registered to vote and:

18 years of age or over on polling day

be a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen

be resident at an address in the UK (or a UK citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years)

not be legally excluded from voting

The following cannot vote in a UK Parliament election:

members of the House of Lords

EU citizens (other than UK, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus and Malta) resident in the UK

anyone other than British, Irish and qualifying Commonwealth citizens

convicted persons detained in pursuance of their sentences, excluding contempt of court (though remand prisoners, unconvicted prisoners and civil prisoners can vote if they are on the electoral register)

anyone found guilty within the previous five years of corrupt or illegal practices in connection with an election

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Then there should be no problem for both the UK and the EU publishing it on the MSM.

It has been published Bill.

"then in Annex B of our March 2018 EFO, we detailed how we arrived at our estimate of the UK’s financial settlement with the EU – the so-called ‘divorce bill’. ..."

The problem is that anyone with enough understanding to summarise it for joe public wouldn't be lurking on this forum or working in the MSM.

You should download it and try having a read, more twists and turns than a bowl of noodles. 

https://obr.uk/efo/economic-fiscal-outlook-march-2018/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

It has been published Bill.

"then in Annex B of our March 2018 EFO, we detailed how we arrived at our estimate of the UK’s financial settlement with the EU – the so-called ‘divorce bill’. ..."

The problem is that anyone with enough understanding to summarise it for joe public wouldn't be lurking on this forum or working in the MSM.

You should download it and try having a read, more twists and turns than a bowl of noodles. 

https://obr.uk/efo/economic-fiscal-outlook-march-2018/

Thanks for the link.

I just looked at the link and realised that the whole lot would be beyond my capabilities to understand properly.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Brexit has turned poor old Juncker to drink...good job Nanny May is made of sterner stuff.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6910675/Jean-Claude-Juncker-sets-fire-face-Rwandas-Lady-flame-lighting-ceremony.html

Mr Juncker closed his eyes as he shared this seated hug with Estonia's Prime Minister Juri Ratas at the same welcome dinner

He was always a drunkard but obviously you have only jumped on the Bandwagon recently and know nothing about politics and the EU or you wouldn't make such a stupid statement.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thanks for the link.

I just looked at the link and realised that the whole lot would be beyond my capabilities to understand properly.

You and me both Bill, looks like it came out of hot air rather than thin air.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Maybe they don’t want to be hypocrites when they defame elected European politicians as unelected while their own head of state and commander-in-chief is in fact unelected.

Did I vote for Barnier etc no I don’t think so!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1