Thanathorn baffled by sedition warrant

webfact

He knows why and we all know why. The accusation reportedly dates back to an incident in 2015, when anti-junta student activists resisted detention by the authority. Thanathorn is accused of providing a vehicle for the students to flee.

It is the responsibility of every citizen to resist unreasonable laws, and oppressive regimes. It is a form of peaceful resistance, and the utterly desperate army is really starting to show what they are made of, their utter lack of concern for the average Thai and their wonton thirst for power.

Thanathorn is popular, and the youth, and the nation needs a leader like him. The army knows how popular he is, and is dredging up whatever they can, to suppress the will of the people. This has to come to an end, sooner or later. Another five years with these hapless incompetents in charge will ruin this country.

20 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Because the generals see him as a threat is why he is being charged on bogus accusations.

Exactly, if he was of no significance they wouldn't bother... as it is their cage has been rattled and they don't like it !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

FFP is more of a threat to the junta than Phea Thai. The are young, educated, and don't buy into the old crap. My wife, at 60 years of age, and all of her friends, voted FFP.  My daughter, in her final semester of law school at Mae Fah Luang, said she, and every one she knows, voted FFP. FFP is the biggest threat to the military dinosaurs since Thaksin. 

Youth activists have lead some of the famous movement that have make dramatic changes and shaken many establishments. 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/03/youth-activism-young-protesters-historic-movements/

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bowerboy said:

Truly....do not get your hopes up about street protests or any form of backlash for the Junta.

This is different to before. The Thais are sheep and need a leader. There is no leader this time and none will emerge. The Yellow shirts had Carte Blanche from above and no “bravery” was required. The “red shirts” have been closed down for all intents and purposes.

The junta can do whatever they want and they will not get a single meaningful whimper from the population. Likes or comments on Facebook mean nothing as any Thai can do that from anywhere.

Its game over. Thais will get what they deserve.

I wish it wasn’t so but deep down you and I all know it’s the truth.

i hope their are enough helicopters waiting for all of us

Edited by malibukid

13 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Jeez, then a random hooker on lower Suk I ran into last night is keeping up better than your wife. She was bit too excitable to bring home so I gave her a beverage at McD's. For about 15 mins. she was on and on about Anakhod Mai and Thanathorn, then got up to calm down with a cig, at which point I decamped. 

Now, I will tell you this when hookers get upset with something or somebody, watch out. If you've ever had one throw a tantrum in your room you know what I mean.

Apirat's days are numbered.

the hookers hold the cards????

On 4/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, webfact said:

"They fear the fact that our policies drew the attention of 6.3 million voters,” he said. “The people supported us without any money incentive or other influence.”

This is exactly what is striking fear into the hearts of the junta leaders. And they will trump up any charges, any evidence, required to take him out of play and then strong arm the move using the military. The only question is how committed are the backers of Thanathorn. This could get ugly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chama said:

The only question is how committed are the backers of Thanathorn. This could get ugly.

My take is they are getting more and more committed every second the election fiasco goes on. By May we'll probably see first clashes. 

6 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

In Asia, the nail that stands up gets hammered down. The resultant reaction could get very ugly.

Unfortunately the old adage might well be true - no gain without pain.

How sad for the wonderful Thai citizens that they need to go through such pain to make progress, to gain their rights to equality, good education, fair and equal justice and more.

Also to remove the threats and intimidation from people like this gungho army commander who clearly believes (as did his father and his 2 crones) that the military has the right and the duty to control and intimidate the citizens.