Model demands police protection to female revelers during Songkran

snoop1130

Define "assault". Touching a bloke's/woman's arm/shoulder? Tapping somebody on the shoulder? Squeezing past somebody and rubbing up against him/her? 

It's a crazy time of the year. People drink, dance, socialize, flirt. If you don't like that kind of stuff, then look for a more agreeable (civilized?) venue. I'm sure there are clubs, events, etc. in most cities which cater to those who prefer the more traditional Songkran. 

A woman definately has a right to be free of any form of harassment.

Furthermore, for sure, a woman has a right to walk free of harassment in a troubled neighborhood at 3 am in the night, even if she is totally drunk, and just wearing a very tight low sleveless tank top and a mini skirt. And should anything happen, the woman has a right to blame everybody else but not herself for dressing in a skinny clad outfit and getting drunk and walking home in the dark streets at night. Yes, of course, definately, for sure....

Edited by observer90210

10 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Last time I played, many years ago, I had a hand grab my tackle from behind, and was reluctant to let-go.  The hand belonged to a thirty-something woman, who just smiled and walked-on.

Imagine what reaction I would have got if I had reported it to the police.

Trust you asked her to be gentle and was she was coming back????

Edited by Artisi

She's a model? 

American forefathers foresaw the inevitability of the flaws of equal rights and declined it.  They foresaw peanut sized brained women who take joy in teasing men.

A woman with brains would not walk "scantily clad" or nude unless she desires to be groped. Turn on a man's libido and suffer the consequences.  Dress with no class and be treated with no class. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boit said:

She's a model? 

American forefathers foresaw the inevitability of the flaws of equal rights and declined it.  They foresaw peanut sized brained women who take joy in teasing men.

A woman with brains would not walk "scantily clad" or nude unless she desires to be groped. Turn on a man's libido and suffer the consequences.  Dress with no class and be treated with no class. 

You mean... if a woman dresses in such a manner you get turned on, its her fault if you are unable to restrain yourself from groping her ?????

• Like 2

She should go and preach in Sweden. But feminists won't speak out against Sweden's immigrant rapists because they are frightened of being labeled racists.

"Radical Feminism - a cure for which there is no disease, or a disease for which there is no cure?"

That would mean admitting feminism and the left’s fetish for Islamic domination is not compatible. That is racist, or bigoted, I believe.

Let’s not touch on the subject of brain dead women who declare the “hijab is a sign of liberation” like the leader of Neo-Zealand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

You mean... if a woman dresses in such a manner you get turned on, its her fault if you are unable to restrain yourself from groping her ?????  

Toxic feminism has led women to believe that there is no consequence from not thinking through your actions. Add this to the “girl power” fantasy of powerful strong women fighting and taking down men on television, rabid sexualization, and an addiction to having a good time until you hit the wall, then you will definitely see these things continue and get worse. Women are easily shepherd into whatever thinking the powers at be decide. This has been scientifically proven.

All in all, exploitation of women is down to few causes. 1. family, internal exploitation. This is significantly down in just a few generations. 2. exploitation by genuine strangers. A rapist who simply picks up anyone. 3. Women who decide that a short skirt, being irresponsibly drunk, and getting involved with random males is a good way for self preservation. Especially for an alone female. Like people who don’t check what Uber driver they were paired with, then get exploited by the person who obviously has bad intentions. 4. It’s simply made up, the “you looked at me” #metoo generation that would not know real exploitation if they experienced it first hand.

I don’t walk down the streets of LA or Washington DC at night. I could say it is institutional bigotry preventing me from doing this. Or I could just stop trying to push my luck, and realize certain things are the way the world works.

13 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

Toxic feminism has led women to believe that there is no consequence from not thinking through your actions. Add this to the “girl power” fantasy of powerful strong women fighting and taking down men on television, rabid sexualization, and an addiction to having a good time until you hit the wall, then you will definitely see these things continue and get worse. Women are easily shepherd into whatever thinking the powers at be decide. This has been scientifically proven.

All in all, exploitation of women is down to few causes. 1. family, internal exploitation. This is significantly down in just a few generations. 2. exploitation by genuine strangers. A rapist who simply picks up anyone. 3. Women who decide that a short skirt, being irresponsibly drunk, and getting involved with random males is a good way for self preservation. Especially for an alone female. Like people who don’t check what Uber driver they were paired with, then get exploited by the person who obviously has bad intentions. 4. It’s simply made up, the “you looked at me” #metoo generation that would not know real exploitation if they experienced it first hand.

I don’t walk down the streets of LA or Washington DC at night. I could say it is institutional bigotry preventing me from doing this. Or I could just stop trying to push my luck, and realize certain things are the way the world works.

I agree that the Toxic feminist is a poisonous thing...  the majority of women would also agree. 

Feminists seems to be nothing more than 'anti-male' and their agenda is not helping the genuine plight of women who are simply wishing for something a little more balanced while still recognising the healthy difference between men and women. 

In this case we have a lady who quite rightly is publicizing the rights of women not to be groped in public when enjoying Songkran. This is not feminism, it's a balanced attempt at trying to get people to understand that this is wrong and to get the Police to accept that they need to respond correctly. 

Discussing the direction towards the toxic that feminism's as turned is a long way off from this lady's intentions - this is not the thin end of the feminism wedge as some seem to be implying with some anti-feminazi rhetoric... its simply one human being outlining something we all agree is wrong which impacts half of our population. 

Women shouldn't be groped, under reasonable circumstances more can be done. 

And just to apply some balance, Equally so, the mental extreme feminists should be completely ignored, as they are doing no one any favors, especially the more balance and moderate of their cause. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

T3. Women who decide that a short skirt, being irresponsibly drunk, and getting involved with random males is a good way for self preservation. Especially for an alone female. Like people who don’t check what Uber driver they were paired with, then get exploited by the person who obviously has bad intentions.

This thread is depressing.

But anyway, I'll bite.  Enlighten me, if it the fault of the victim if they get "exploited" by an Uber driver - raped?  Cheated? - what are these magical checks you can do?  Is there a rape rating that I've missed?

I think too many are trying to base their arguments on western behavior, there the laws are enforced and people are well aware of it. Here in Thailand the way many think is not like the west, males in Thailand can be a totally different breed and many women are aware of this fact which is why they marry farangs, they realize many thais are butterflies and that sex/drinking /money is prominent to them and that they think of females as being second class/beneath them. In the west women can wear what they like and the chances of being molested are still there they are a hell of a lot lower than in Thailand although with all the illegal/refugee citizens arriving from similar countries the figures are going up dramatically, you cant compare first world to third world thinking. It would be great if women could wear what they pleased here but all you have to do is read about/look at all the rapes, sexual molestation etc that happens all the time, this in itself shows that wearing revealing clothes here can be dangerous to females, not due to them but to the way some thai males think. Asking for police protection to enable them to wear revealing clothes when/where ever can be bit over the top in Thailand. it would be like asking for police protection so you can walk around Bangkok with heaps of gold hanging off your neck at all hours of the night etc knowing it will attract thieves but claiming its your right to wear it and you should be safe. Females should be able to wear what they like but in Thailand that can be asking for trouble,  I do think it is their right to be able to do so but I also know that in Thailand it is asking for trouble that isnt their making. My daughter(14) was raped in Australia and killed, I have strong feelings about this subject but I also realize that Thailand is not the west and that males here think a lot differently unfortunately, common sense needs to prevail in some circumstances even if it means not having all your rights

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No, it the man's fault for groping and the women's fault for being stupid and reckless. Can we dispense with this idiotic notion that reckless and stupid people should be absolved all off responsibility for their actions? If I park my motorbike on the sidewalk in Saigon and leave my wallet sitting on top of the seat while I stroll around town for two hours, do I bear no responsibility for it being missing when I get back? People should not steal, no matter what, right? Not my fault at all! 

Edited by usviphotography
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 1:51 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thai model Sirinya "Cindy" Bishop, founder of the "Don't tell me how to dress" campaign to stop assault-victim-blaming, urged police to implement measures to prevent sexual harassment during Songkran.

Kudos. 

Lets hope the bib take on board the message of this campaign and fully understand that victims are never to blame for the actions of sexual predators. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Kudos. 

Lets hope the bib take on board the message of this campaign and fully understand that victims are never to blame for the actions of sexual predators. 

If a woman is dressed in a skimpy wet T-shirt and is in the middle of a bunch of drunk young males and she gets groped....She is a victim because she placed her self in a situation to become a victim....She only has her self to blame...

And if she does not leave right then and there.....She wants to be groped end of story..... 

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, djayz said:

Define "assault". Touching a bloke's/woman's arm/shoulder? Tapping somebody on the shoulder? Squeezing past somebody and rubbing up against him/her? 

If you read social media, anything from a look lasting 0.0001 secs to shoving an acid dipped pineapple up the trademan's, same same. As long as you can tweet about it and join the local metoo club.

And the there's this of course:

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In this case we have a lady who quite rightly is publicizing the rights of women not to be groped in public when enjoying Songkran. This is not feminism, it's a balanced attempt at trying to get people to understand that this is wrong and to get the Police to accept that they need to respond correctly. 

She's preaching to the choir. Should go and educate the parents that let their sons grow into a-holes that think they are allowed to do whatever they want. Treat the cause, not the symptom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

My condolences.

Did they catch the vermin who killed your daughter?

What many feminists do not realize is that the guys who love strip clubs, wild scantily dressed women, and naughty Thai girls - hate rapists. In fact, killing one would meet with wide spread approval. We called them skinners.

I lived in Pattaya for nine years, but I never heard about a gal - scantily clad, or otherwise - getting raped.

Perhaps the Songkran gals know that if they are bra less and wearing a bikini bottom - any fondling will be nothing more than harmless contact. Women love attention.

thank you, to cut a long story short he is no longer with us, karma is a bitch