Getting active with Virgin

rooster59

Getting active with Virgin

By The Nation

2b54aed8471cbf8ece3e5b11878517bb.jpeg

Virgin Active, a leading health and fitness club operator led by Christian Mason, managing director of Virgin Active Southeast Asia, and Dr Vutravee Charuvatana, left, country manager Virgin Active Thailand, launch their eight club, Virgin Active 101, in Thailand.

Located on Sukhumvit Road, the club occupies more than two floors in the 101 The Third Place, offering members and non-members nine workout studios and zones dedicated to yoga, Pilates, boxing, functional training and cycling. It also has an innovative outdoor arena that includes a multipurpose court with LED lighting in the floor and two outdoor swimming pools for adults and children. Virgin Active 101 is equipped with the latest workout programmes, modern equipment and qualified trainers.

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-06

15 minutes ago, ravip said:

Very misleading headline.

To me, more of an intriguing headline than misleading. It does say "Getting active with Virgin",not "Getting active with a virgin", thus, quite different.

Personally, I thought that it would be a story about one of Richard Branson's many Virgin endeavours.

• Haha 1

A few years ago i went to the gym in westgate, quite nice too bad there was no pool. Not a bad gym at all, a bit expensive but good. I like how they have things like prowler and other not so common things. 

Also when you sign up you can take as many classes as you want (or at least when I was there).

In the end went back to my own home gym because it was more convenient and faster. I did not need all the stuff they had there. I had all i needed at home and could exercise when I wanted.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's respond to the headline and not that boring article about a health club.

There was this virgin in that bar, she was active all day and night but made sure she was still a virgin...

Ok, maybe in another thread. ????

Come on health is boring you know, the most lifting TVF does is lifting a beer ????

50 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Getting active with Virgin..."

Must. Not. Make. Jokes.

Must. Control. Myself.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I ust can't resisit...

What do you call a Nun in a wheel chair?
Virgin Mobile

They told me that god and chocolate are great ways to substitute sex.
Now, i'm a Nun, a virgin and now have diabetes.

Tiger Woods once visited the Virgin Islands
They are now just called the Islands

What do you call a 13 year old girl from Kentucky who can run faster than her six brothers?
A virgin.

What do you call a virgin on a water bed?
A cherry float.

What do you call an afghan virgin
Mever bin laid on

Did you hear about the spread that lost its virginity?
It got marmalaid

Where does Extra Extra Virgin Olive Oil come from?
Really ugly olives

What does a balloon and a virgin have in common?
One prick and their done.

What do vigins and screen doors have incommon?
The more they get slammed the looser they get.

Dear young girls losing their virginity... if you're age is on the clock, you're too young for the cock.

Dear virgins... if your old enough to flirt, your old enough to squirt

Chuck Norris' daughter lost her virginity. He got it back...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few years ago i went to the gym in westgate, quite nice too bad there was no pool. Not a bad gym at all, a bit expensive but good. I like how they have things like prowler and other not so common things. 

Also when you sign up you can take as many classes as you want (or at least when I was there).

In the end went back to my own home gym because it was more convenient and faster. I did not need all the stuff they had there. I had all i needed at home and could exercise when I wanted.

This is easy to say when you have a world class gym at your home. I’ve seen your setup! Who goes to any club and pays money when you have what you have? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I ust can't resisit...

What do you call a Nun in a wheel chair?
Virgin Mobile

They told me that god and chocolate are great ways to substitute sex.
Now, i'm a Nun, a virgin and now have diabetes.

Tiger Woods once visited the Virgin Islands
They are now just called the Islands

What do you call a 13 year old girl from Kentucky who can run faster than her six brothers?
A virgin.

What do you call a virgin on a water bed?
A cherry float.

What do you call an afghan virgin
Mever bin laid on

Did you hear about the spread that lost its virginity?
It got marmalaid

Where does Extra Extra Virgin Olive Oil come from?
Really ugly olives

What does a balloon and a virgin have in common?
One prick and their done.

What do vigins and screen doors have incommon?
The more they get slammed the looser they get.

Dear young girls losing their virginity... if you're age is on the clock, you're too young for the cock.

Dear virgins... if your old enough to flirt, your old enough to squirt

Chuck Norris' daughter lost her virginity. He got it back... 

Thanks!

I just copied it before an administrator removes it because its inappropriate here. ???? 

12 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

This is easy to say when you have a world class gym at your home. I’ve seen your setup! Who goes to any club and pays money when you have what you have? ????

There is the social aspect, but truthfully i just like working out alone too. Nobody to comment on my taste of music or how i set the aircon. If i look like crap in some old training gear nobody will notice.

I did like the social aspect, and I liked the area they had for cardio / HIIT style training. But my training sessions got longer (waiting and a lot of talking at the end of sessions). It cut a bit too much into my time.

But if Virgin had been open 10 years ago then I would not have bought all the stuff I have. There was nothing gym wise, i had to travel too far.

There is the social aspect, but truthfully i just like working out alone too. Nobody to comment on my taste of music or how i set the aircon. If i look like crap in some old training gear nobody will notice.

I did like the social aspect, and I liked the area they had for cardio / HIIT style training. But my training sessions got longer (waiting and a lot of talking at the end of sessions). It cut a bit too much into my time.

But if Virgin had been open 10 years ago then I would not have bought all the stuff I have. There was nothing gym wise, i had to travel too far.

I personally prefer a 20km distance trek or bike ride, makes me feel better. I do stick with weight training, as it’s all I’ve done since adolescence. I prefer cardio. Maybe I shall grace the sub forum with some input. Your gym inspires me to build my own, opposed to spending time with airheads who spend more time selfies than lifting.

Just now, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

I personally prefer a 20km distance trek or bike ride, makes me feel better. I do stick with weigh training, as it’s all I’ve done since adolescence. I prefer cardio.

I am the other way around, never really liked cardio. I biked quite a bit when younger as its normal in the Netherlands. I never really liked cardio that much. I try to find things like loaded carries (farmers walks) and other stuff. I do got a rowing machine and elliptical. 

But its mentally hard to do so, out in nature would probably be nicer a lot nicer. Lifting weights is just easy for me, I can push myself in short burst and not get bored. 

Though I did get bored a bit after not having made any progress for years (few kg of muscle extra). The more you lift the slower progress goes. 

I think people should do what they like exercise wise even if its not the most effective way or best way. My rowing machine is better then my eleptical but I get bored faster. I would give up easier.

If its something you like (or not hate) it goes easier. And everyone has his or her own preference and all that matters IMHO is just doing something and keep doing it instead of doing something real good but getting bored and stopping.

For me it all came together when I started to take care of my diet too, then progress really happened. Should have known that many years ago. We live and learn, never to old to start something and learn something new.

I am the other way around, never really liked cardio. I biked quite a bit when younger as its normal in the Netherlands. I never really liked cardio that much. I try to find things like loaded carries (farmers walks) and other stuff. I do got a rowing machine and elliptical. 

But its mentally hard to do so, out in nature would probably be nicer a lot nicer. Lifting weights is just easy for me, I can push myself in short burst and not get bored. 

Though I did get bored a bit after not having made any progress for years (few kg of muscle extra). The more you lift the slower progress goes. 

I think people should do what they like exercise wise even if its not the most effective way or best way. My rowing machine is better then my eleptical but I get bored faster. I would give up easier.

If its something you like (or not hate) it goes easier. And everyone has his or her own preference and all that matters IMHO is just doing something and keep doing it instead of doing something real good but getting bored and stopping.

For me it all came together when I started to take care of my diet too, then progress really happened. Should have known that many years ago. We live and learn, never to old to start something and learn something new.

NEVER discount a farmer walk. I live in Ukraine now, so I experience it plenty)

• Like 1