The Battle of the Bigs - Big Joke told to hand in his uniform by Big Tu

webfact

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

One thing I've learned living here in Thailand that everything is a bit backwards?  When they been nickname BIG is usually because an elder has try to place status on them because they need to have the name to put up a front simple because they are small or stupid!  

Another example, met a number of Thais with the name CHAMP,  once I got to know them they were total losers!????

The most popular Thai nickname of all is Lek, even for large people, since they were all small when they were born.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Big Joke told to hand in his uniform?

How come he like all the others had to buy his own uniform.

Correct statement should have been, told to hand in the insignia of rank.

LOL I think 'Big Tu' is demanding Big Joke's uniform, not just Big Joke's insignia of rank, so 'Tu' can put it on, look in the mirror, and try to vicariously experience what it feels like to have genuine respect lavished upon you from the public... and your peers.

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

The most popular Thai nickname of all is Lek, even for large people, since they were all small when they were born.

I have met small adults with nickname Yai (big) and they were as well small when born so how do you explain that … :shock1:

Considering all the logic and consistency in Thailand, next week there will be a statement, saying BJ was plainly asked to give in his uniform as it does not look good for a minister (his new posting) to be wearing one ?!!

And wonder who gets his self cultivating "X-RAy outlaw foreigner" giant poster ? Fake news says, they will hang it up in the Nana Plaza lobby or perhaps in the lobby of the Nigerian Embassy ?!!

“He ended the day at 4.45” WOW!  Breaking news he had lunch at noon and took a crap at 12:45 ????.  Of course he has to take off the uniform they already announced that he’s not a cop anymore but a civilian employee.  I really don’t care why he was relieved although I am curious about the WHOLE STORY I’ve heard a little bit of it but very little.  I would not expect to see a replacement appointed until after the election dispute is settled in early May I believe it’s supposed to be.  Although just out of curiosity I wonder who’s temporarily acting in his position.  I’m sure they must have a temporary acting Immigration Chief.  I would guess maybe whoever was his second in command is probably the acting Director of Immigration, surely they must have a temporary acting Director at least for things that have to be signed off on by the big boss.  

I’m not sure why the uniform thing is news obviously if he’s not a cop anymore he’s gonna come to his temporary job at the Prime Minister’s Office in civilian clothes probably a business suit.  I hope he gets a civilian clothing allowance.  I had a job in the military during the last ten years of my career that required me to wear civilian clothes every day and almost never a military uniform, and I received about a thousand dollars a year annually if I remember right for my civilian clothing allowance.  Because sometimes I’d be in business clothes and sometimes in civilian tactical clothes.  

8 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Are the "no tips please" signs at the borders and the immigration offices still there? ????

I’m sure they are he did the job that he was appointed to do.  At least it appears so anyway and the new procedures for those of us on marriage and retirement visas are in effect.  

Did they just take the uniform or did they strip his title as well. I wonder if he will still be able to use his lieutenant general tile. Generally your military or police title is official and stays with you for life. That’s why they still refer to Pol captain Chalerm and there was a big stink when Abhisit did not refer to himself as sub- lieutenant.

Lt-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn fall from view is obviously political, no one likes someone who is effective.  He just needs more Thai Seasoning.  He hasn't had enough time to be dirty up enough.  With leverage comes power...

7 hours ago, nev said:

It's kind of alarming what power Big Tu has over not only RTP but anyone who might be a problem.

Not sure what Big Joke has done wrong but it must be something really serious to get demoted to such a lesser rank than before.

Maybe he decided to look into a certain dead man who was lending out millions of baht worth of watches to friends, but then again General Rolex said it was normal to do this with friends, maybe in parallel universe.

7 hours ago, nev said:

it must be something really serious to get demoted to such a lesser rank than before.

Perhaps he can get FBI Director James Comey to rule on whether whatever he did would rise to a crime that a prosecutor would find to be a criminal offense.  

36 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

B J not pushing back saying he didn’t do ANYTHING.........no one likes to be guilty until proven innocent

My thoughts exactly. He's probably been told to toe the line and he'll survive in one form or another. Prayut is keeping him on a short leash (you keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer) so he must be scared of him doing or saying something. Maybe the political groups trying to make up a coalition government had asked him to head up the Police, which would make him a dangerous political enemy of Prayut.

2 hours ago, bangkoken said:

The Immigration Police do not like "Big Joke' and his insane changes to what was a fairly simple long term visa situation for foreigners.

To be honest and fair what Big Joke was asking was really simple it didn't deviate that much from what was already being done in the past. The problem the little he wanted to change was never conveyed which cause confusion and speculation from one office to the other which is what Thailand is all about.

Plus he was taking from Peter to pay Paul and I guess Peter had more influence than he thought?????

Archived