The Battle of the Bigs - Big Joke told to hand in his uniform by Big Tu

webfact

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, colinneil said:

Big Joke told to hand in his uniform?

How come he like all the others had to buy his own uniform.

Correct statement should have been, told to hand in the insignia of rank.

When you've been in Thailand for a few years, you'll be able to read the original source and understand that the translation is slightly wrong. 

To take off a uniform is the Thai way to say what yanks say, "give back your badge".

On 4/10/2019 at 11:02 AM, nev said:

It's kind of alarming what power Big Tu has over not only RTP but anyone who might be a problem.

Not sure what Big Joke has done wrong but it must be something really serious to get demoted to such a lesser rank than before.

He upset General Timex, not Prayut.

Basically he was acting above his rank, being Timex's right hand man, and the power went to his ĥead.

It must be difficult to be Mr Big Joke.

Consider that the poor chap can only eat in full Thai catered restaurants and cannot set foot in any  of the amazing foreign restaurants in Bangkok. Immagine the indian cook or the burmese waiter (with no work permits of course),  getting to know whom they are serving. The dishes risk to be servedwith some very human conceived "extras"????

This again fits with earlier speculation that BJ's complete erasure somehow relates to the election and its outcome (to come). Gen Prayut's top assignment since long before the coup has been to keep the influence of one fugitive ex-prime minister Mr. Thaksin as far from Thailand as possible. He is now on a virtual rampage and all the other 'big's  are cowering. Also remember he stripped Thaksin's symbolic honors almost the same day as BJ was cut. Now BJ losses his police uniform!

Maybe as some say, it's all about BJ's grandstanding but I don't think that alone would trigger the PM so strongly when the PM is concerned so much about election outcomes.

Your observation can’t be far from the truth.
I also think that it is Thaksin related.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This again fits with earlier speculation that BJ's complete erasure somehow relates to the election and its outcome (to come). Gen Prayut's top assignment since long before the coup has been to keep the influence of one fugitive ex-prime minister Mr. Thaksin as far from Thailand as possible. He is now on a virtual rampage and all the other 'big's  are cowering. Also remember he stripped Thaksin's symbolic honors almost the same day as BJ was cut. Now BJ losses his police uniform!

Maybe as some say, it's all about BJ's grandstanding but I don't think that alone would trigger the PM so strongly when the PM is concerned so much about election outcomes.

Your observation can’t be far from the truth.
I also think that it is Thaksin related.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived