The Battle of the Bigs - Big Joke told to hand in his uniform by Big Tu

webfact

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Article 44 stops things in their tracks. No nonsense act.. Something had to be kept quiet. I wont speculate. We will probable never know as thats why 44 was used. End of. Nothing more to see here.

Article 44 keeps things quiet ? You gotta be kidding ! it's the use of article 44 that has drawn all the attention. How many pages have been written here on TV over the last few days ? Anything that happens in the near future will be linked to this case, no matter how wild the speculation.

If it was on the orders of somebody at the very top (as some speculate) it would have been very easy to arrange a tragic accident for Big Joke.... wait until he leads a raid somewhere dark, shoot him in the back and blame it on foreign criminals.

Or just arrest him on some trumped up charge, stick him in a cell where the CCTV is broken, and let him commit "suicide".

Apartment and condo developers are struggling to sell them. Expats who have given up and chosen to leave can't sell their condo's. A whinge in the boss's 'shell like' coupled with millions of baht and it suddenly dawns on the powers that be that expats equal foreign capital flowing in and a reasonable condo market.

It may seem too obvious but business acumen is not a Thai trait.

9 hours ago, nev said:

It's kind of alarming what power Big Tu has over not only RTP but anyone who might be a problem.

Not sure what Big Joke has done wrong but it must be something really serious to get demoted to such a lesser rank than before.

Done wrong?  Or done right, much to the consternation of the powers-that-be?

The Shadow knows...  (anyone getting the connection will remember what comes before that)

8 hours ago, Nickthegreek said:

One can only summise that the new visa rules may have been an issue and if seen to the end then the agents would indeed be out of work 

Lots of people have mentioned this issue but I don't think the immigration department changed the rules on it's own authority.  I don't think anything in Thailand is done without someone higher up in the food chain giving approval.  Also no one wants to stick their neck out far enough to do something on their own.  What ever he did will be revealed one of these days.  Surely he has lots of cash stashed away from his years of "service" to Thailand.  

Hopefully we will see the fall of the little Army general running the show.

Article 44 keeps things quiet ? You gotta be kidding ! it's the use of article 44 that has drawn all the attention. How many pages have been written here on TV over the last few days ? Anything that happens in the near future will be linked to this case, no matter how wild the speculation.
If it was on the orders of somebody at the very top (as some speculate) it would have been very easy to arrange a tragic accident for Big Joke.... wait until he leads a raid somewhere dark, shoot him in the back and blame it on foreign criminals.
Or just arrest him on some trumped up charge, stick him in a cell where the CCTV is broken, and let him commit "suicide".
Sure, murder or suicide in prison would obviously make less waves. Impecable logic.

Sent from my crappy device using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He sure stepped in something.  

Perhaps revealing the bad training of doctors in Thailand or that maybe Thailand isn't s good place to consider plastic surgery.  That would surely hurt many businesses.  

Maybe she was a mia noi or a gik of someone?  

I have to imagine to condo industry must be hurting.   But all the building in BKK and prices starting at 14 million baht and or double that.   

I think in the long term rental property will generate good returns.  Not many Thai people are every going to be able to buy.  Labor to build these buildings is probably 12-15$ USD/ day like  5% of USA labor rates.     I also wonder if it relates to to election fraud.  The timing is perfect. It seems like complaints like this would be in his wheelhouse.  Just the fact that the public learned big joke was investigating election fraud would give it much validity.  

Oh crazy Thailand and the military, don't you see you are ruining Thailand and you will never have good guys like me want to live there.      

I am sure the visa agents dud take a big hit and I'm sure they have been paying dividends  you the ladder for years  and those dried up.   

It was ok if big joke cracked down on farang, especially dark skinned ones.  But finding corruption probably was over the line.  

18 minutes ago, Issanbound said:

You point your finger at someone and there are three pointing back at you.... that is the big joke. He tried to finger the wrong person and is now paying for it.

RE - He tried to finger the wrong person and is now paying for it.

Fingering is a choice - the good thing is that a condom is not required … :whistling:

14 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

They finally had a guy in charge that countries trusted and knew where they stood.

In the past few months foreigners knew where they stood less and less with every week that went by. 

51 minutes ago, ttrd said:

RE - He tried to finger the wrong person and is now paying for it.

Fingering is a choice - the good thing is that a condom is not required … :whistling:

This slang only seems to be used on the British side of the pond. 

Party talks regarding coalition deals have been going on. Suddenly the Assistant's PM right hand man is cut from his post. 

Ass PM, naturally, didn't want BJ to go. The rumours re the watch scandal are interesting considering the man (BJ) supposedly meant to be investigating the Ass PM is his right hand man. Why would he?

The rumours in Thai news and social media are also starting to contradict each other. One minute it was BJ looking into the EC way of handling the elections...now it is that he didn't look closely enough into it and it will all come out that he was closely supporting the junta rather than being impartial. That probably got traction due to the relationship between BJ and the Ass PM.

Re corruption rumours, usually police or any government officials get moved to inactive posts, not told to hand in their uniforms. Taking moral high grounds on corruption isn't really the current governments thing is it? You would also not use your best mate as the scapegoat. Furthermore, wouldn't the junta be pumping out this reason everywhere to be showing they are tackling corruption?

Immigration, I cant see any reasonable reason why Immigration issues would affect the junta so much to use 44 to get rid of him. What BJ did affects a handful of wrongdoers that are insignificant to tourist numbers or any big tea money for the people that actually matter (your local immigration officer not liking the guy falls into the does not matter category - as a few members have stated on here as being the reason). 

Being in the spotlight? The junta have had a long time and a lot of opportunities to get rid of him and haven't. So why now?

Stepping on someone's toes? Whose toes? Again, being very close with the Ass PM it needs to be either  very big toes or toes that have become very relevant in the past month or so...which is where my thinking comes into it. Timing is everything I think with this case. 

Democrats and Bhumjaithai want to be in government, even if that means forming coalition with the junta. However, the two parties are not fans of BJ. There is a rumour going around of a specific case that would fit into why they are not fans of BJ as he didn't step back from an investigation he undertook when he heard mentioned names that have suddenly become very relevant in coalition talks. 

For the junta to form a coalition government they need the Democrats and Bhumjaithai on their side rather than Pheu Thais side. The only way for that to be achievable was to accept their demands of getting rid of BJ. It also probably explains the use of 44 and 'under investigation'. The ET are not necessarily powerful in terms of the overall country point of view, however the leaders of that faction still find ways to benefit themselves and their friends. It would have needed to be 44 being used to make it a very clear cut finish to the matter in order to fulfill the coalition deal. 

Bangkok Post - <<<<26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.>>>>

Thai PBS - 'The Democrats crushed in the general election on March 24, can side with Palang Pracharat and get it a slim majority, or they will choose to be in the opposition and thus hand the Pheu Thai camp a boost. 

So Big Tu is using Big Joke to steer the public focus away from his own dastardly deeds like any professional politician worth his salt.

Should I mention this is standard practice for every country - Presidents and Prime Ministers everywhere can't lie straight in bed but they are great at diverting attention aware from there own criminal activities.

He did not very well!!!!

Because he worked only against foreigners. At the same time he also should focus on all the cheating, dual pricing and unfair treatment of foreigner. 

I hope, sometimes this country will presented the bill for this.

On 4/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, rkidlad said:

So inform the public why Big Joke was s***-canned. Aren't we supposed to be about a month away from having a 'democratically-elected government?' 

Jesus, he's going to be the next prime minister 

Archived