Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

Well,tried Watchafl,s fix,s,to no avail.
Screen kept buffering then would black out completely,had to use ESC to restore a picture which would prompt a message 'Error ,atransmission problem has occurred ,please reload page. this would help for anything from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Am pretty certain the problem lies with Watchafl as when buffering the programme would revert to earlier parts of the match ,and even at times other matches and even completely different Fox Sports programmes.

This has been an ongoing issue for the WatchAFL mob for a number of years, it's the main reason I don't use it anymore and use an "alternative" streaming "service" :smile:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

I would be open to suggestions for "alternative streaming services"555

This is going back a bit but sites like  USAgoals used to "alternative stream" all major sport events. Their advertising is a  major pain in getting through but I always found a stream. Still use them for the tour de france as i can not get SBS. Be ready to look for and delete ads to cut through the detritus . Last resort stuff but works in the 'alt arena'

Today game is listed for streaming below

http://www.usagoals.xyz/others.html

• Like 1

Its over for another week. This week we have 3 tipsters with 8/9. Good tipping and it all came down to the last game. 

This week great tipsters are Chook, BiggWazz and Grant. This weeks winner is Chook with the best margin.  We done Chook.

The overall leader is Biggwazz on 33 from Alex on 32.

• Like 2

Fantasy wrap up......JoBlow has picked himself up and dusted himself off.......still like North Melbourne cant win a trick, new kid on the block GAZ continues to astound......very healthy score today of 1802  while Jo's 1705 is credible in our 3rd season....

Grant knocks the stuffing out of Fj...a come from behind snatch and grab win....with the highest score in round 4 off 2235 meanwhile a dejected Fj with 2045 will rue those missed shots on goal....

BKK OPTUS falls over the line by 21 points...RIP kept him honest right to the sound of the siren....pretty stiff there RIP....

And in another close one today Alex finally knocks of CHOOKs who incidentally takes the JT award for the lowest score of the round of 1441...

Ladder......OPTUS retains number 1....brilliant start from the kid down under just a stone throw from water logged Princess park may the seagulls leave you in peace...

Wow look at that....number 2 is you guessed it....

GRANT comes in at 3 While the other new player GAZ makes up the 4....nothing in it 

That sneaky pete Fj just hovering outside of the 4......sitting on 2-2.....

Chooks @ 6 and a shadow of his former self playing like the real SAINTS...

RIP cannot believe your 7th and winless.....you were always top 3.....

And of course stone motherless last with 3 JT awards no wins no future no nothing is JoBlow....looking on the positive side this week there is scope for more improvement in the young man from the west...

IMG_1091.PNG

IMG_1092.PNG

• Like 2

Short week so will preview FANTASY round 5...

JoBlow vs Fj.....well the improvement from Jo this week wont amount to much in round 5 Fj is riding on a tsunami at the moment pretty much cut and dried.......

GAZ vs RIP...2 nice fellas.....who ever looses it will be a crying shame...

GRANT vs CHOOKS....by how much grant? 

OPTUS vs ALEX....game of the round...and thank you very much for your encouragement after i went public and switched from the sausage pies to the BOMBERS.... OPTUS can be beat, the best defence coming up against the second best attack....a nail biter this will be....

• Like 1

I think I must accept some responsibility for Old Croc's departure from the sub-forum and tipping comp.

Far too late to delete a comment I posted during round 2, but never too late to apologise, which I now do.   Unreserved.

• Like 2

This is funny but true.

We’ll preface this article by saying that the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) are thirsty for publicity at the minute.

Back in March they urged Aussie rock icons Hunters & Collectors to change their name to “discourage people from hunting animals”.

Now they have injected themselves into the footy news cycle by penning a letter to Sydney coach John Longmire.

Read letter here.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/peta-address-letter-to-john-longmire

20 minutes ago, Thechook said:

This is funny but true.

We’ll preface this article by saying that the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) are thirsty for publicity at the minute.

Back in March they urged Aussie rock icons Hunters & Collectors to change their name to “discourage people from hunting animals”.

Now they have injected themselves into the footy news cycle by penning a letter to Sydney coach John Longmire.

Read letter here.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/peta-address-letter-to-john-longmire

fake news... we all know vegans and PETA don't have a sense of humor...

:passifier:

• Like 2

On 4/25/2017 at 9:09 PM, Radar501 said:

I think I must accept some responsibility for Old Croc's departure from the sub-forum and tipping comp.

Far too late to delete a comment I posted during round 2, but never too late to apologise, which I now do.   Unreserved.

Your comment was an aside radar, but we cannot measure resilience on the net. That is the moral for all of us. 

Big of you to own something that may not be relevant.

Edited by optad

I am flucked re fantasy football and big head has me fairly in his sights this weekend. Fair crack comin' !

Not conceding but prepared to see a good run re-shaped. Learnt that you really need to start in a way that allows positive modifications as you go. I need four trades per week atm. 

Alex was right in sayin' rip was ripped off. I snuck home by a kick last weekend. Hope this repeats once more, .... just once more. Then Grant can have me on a spit roast.

• Like 1

Longer Range is starting to feed some strange stuff into the comparative picking picture/

None least RON's 9 point pick. Big congrats Ronald. First in any tipping comp this year and justifies his footy knowledge. Borrowed or a fluke all happens on lottoland!!

Joking, Ronald and congrats. Trust in the longer range!! Gentle Jo has done so too and still, just, commands the view at the top.

But like all generalisation, this cannot be said for all our bespoke players. Rip is catching the wind from Alex and Optus and just drifting from that view presented. Who wouldn't? He will be back with a better purchase on that sight. 

Gaz just plays it steady.

Round five as it stands/

Punter

Round 5

LR Cumulative

Weekly tip tote

Joe

6/24

Ronaldo

7/30

Gaz

6/30

Arrr

7/32

Optad

5/27

Ripper

6/26

• Like 2

Classic Will post. 

Latency. Passive in its aggressive positioning and always after the fact. It is in keeping with the brand of tribalism on this forum that lets things get ripe.

Factionalism that breeds <deleted> polls and then likes the crap it breeds.

Edited by optad

22 hours ago, optad said:

I am flucked re fantasy football and big head has me fairly in his sights this weekend. Fair crack comin' !

Not conceding but prepared to see a good run re-shaped. Learnt that you really need to start in a way that allows positive modifications as you go. I need four trades per week atm. 

Alex was right in sayin' rip was ripped off. I snuck home by a kick last weekend. Hope this repeats once more, .... just once more. Then Grant can have me on a spit roast.

We at the Dee's are taking it one game at a time....we noticed your predicament yet we do not take the leaders lightly, we made 2 changes this week to add some flair from young players on the up....Big Mac got cut after a poor showing last week i expect he has hit maximun value i personally expected he to climb at least by 10 to 15% in value this season but its not to be a sharp and focused Hawks takes is position, Swallow is being rested so moved to the bench and a future star in the making as the Swans begin to build and has been rather handy to date takes his place..

We at Deeland find ourselves in a comfortable position, we think we have a strong core of regulars   with the focus in the first half of the season on nurturing young talent.

19 hours ago, optad said:

Classic Will post. 

Latency. Passive in its aggressive positioning and always after the fact. It is in keeping with the brand of tribalism on this forum that lets things get ripe.

Factionalism that breeds <deleted> polls and then likes the crap it breeds.

What are you talking about?

4 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Geez,Alex, I was hoping you would come up with a translation just for we grade schoolers,I,m lucky if I understand 10% of optads posts.

A wise and wisdomed man is rarely understood.

Even by himself.

GWS V Dogs:   What a good game of footy that was.

The margins look a lot better this round.

Congratulations ,, Sceadugengai,, almost perfect..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joboss said:

A wise and wisdomed man is rarely understood.

Even by himself.

GWS V Dogs:   What a good game of footy that was.

The margins look a lot better this round.

Congratulations ,, Sceadugengai,, almost perfect..

Im surprised you can even read every second word JO.....

Well on paper the Dee's looking better this week with ex North Hack Pederson in the ruck...expect he will swap with golden boy Jack between ruck and half forward...normaly plays well first few games back then goes missing action....Lewis with Hibbered will give some steel to the brittle back line and pump in the ball to the down on their luck mids....gee i almost talked myself into changing my pic.......kiss of death to the Bombers.... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Don't worry Alex,i've tipped the Dee's:smile::smile::smile: and my kiss of death is as good as anyones.

As Joboss said great game last night,don't think i've seen a faster game of football.

Well done to both sides.

Id like to pick the Dee's to Fj....except were on the slide down though I'm more confident of a win this week than last EXCEPT the Bombers often do us like a dinner....do you recall last year? the GIMMIE game they couldn't win.....

Well isn't a week a short time in the life of a football club, and mind you i sometimes should trust my inner voice.....f***k the Hawks.....

• Like 1

NEWS FLASH....Swans go down to the Blues....another Freo in the making? wheels not only have fallen off there rolled off the road over the hill and there so far away nobody can find them...Im off the Swans wagon.....

• Like 2