Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

That's a goalfest.

Just checked and GWS and GC was a goal each.

More goals in soccer.

And soccer puts me to sleep waiting for some one to score.

I wonder how they make their revenue and pay players.   AFLW is actually sponsoring a movie on channel 7 tonight called Outbreak.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Will27 said:

I saw online that Andy Maher was the runner for Carlton AFLW and did a calf.

Having "celebrities" running for you makes it sound more like a charity match.

I don't think AFLW has much credibility anyway and having publicity stunts like that don't help.

Once/if the AFL decide to start charging entry fee's, it will die in the clacker I reckon.

Agree about Uncut gems.

Well worth a watch.

Thank your mother for the rabbits:smile:

Have to agree. Bit of a sideshow spectacular having him miced up and offering encouragement. 

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/557553/mic-d-up-andy-maher?videoId=557553&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1580194191001

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Will27 said:

I saw online that Andy Maher was the runner for Carlton AFLW and did a calf.

Having "celebrities" running for you makes it sound more like a charity match.

I don't think AFLW has much credibility anyway and having publicity stunts like that don't help.

Once/if the AFL decide to start charging entry fee's, it will die in the clacker I reckon.

Agree about Uncut gems.

Well worth a watch.

Thank your mother for the rabbits:smile:

I fear that its here to stay as its been gathering steam in soccer as well not just AU but overseas as well......

It WILL take plenty of years before its worth watching, meanwhile I found out during the week the the branded X game in afl wasnt even there idea reading one of the NFL sites they have there X version of gridiron as well, been going a few years its seems also with modified rules etc, whats different is its made up of clubs and players not associated with an NFL team, its a totally different comp completely, one of the reason there X is seen as viable is the short NFL season...4. months.....it starts after the main event....thats all I know about it and like the afl X version would not interest me...

Mr Will you must live in front of the screen....seen "The Land of Steady Habits" last night" been on my list for eons Gem and this one are my type...no start no end and dark with some humour...I recommend strongly a Japanese show "Midnight Diner" its dark, light funny and dramatic....and good doco about a controlling dude well thats my take...he must be hard to live with....He reminds me of my sisters partner..."The Pharmacist."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I fear that its here to stay as its been gathering steam in soccer as well not just AU but overseas as well......

It WILL take plenty of years before its worth watching, meanwhile I found out during the week the the branded X game in afl wasnt even there idea reading one of the NFL sites they have there X version of gridiron as well, been going a few years its seems also with modified rules etc, whats different is its made up of clubs and players not associated with an NFL team, its a totally different comp completely, one of the reason there X is seen as viable is the short NFL season...4. months.....it starts after the main event....thats all I know about it and like the afl X version would not interest me...

Mr Will you must live in front of the screen....seen "The Land of Steady Habits" last night" been on my list for eons Gem and this one are my type...no start no end and dark with some humour...I recommend strongly a Japanese show "Midnight Diner" its dark, light funny and dramatic....and good doco about a controlling dude well thats my take...he must be hard to live with....He reminds me of my sisters partner..."The Pharmacist."

I usually don't watch the idiot box during the day, unless it's sport.

Might have a look at Steady Habits, I like Ben Mendelsohn.

Thought Parasite was excellent.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I usually don't watch the idiot box during the day, unless it's sport.

Might have a look at Steady Habits, I like Ben Mendelsohn.

Thought Parasite was excellent.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Been getting into a few of the Taiwanese and Korean dramas on Netflix. Easy watching, some laughs and plenty of eye candy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

While on the subject of AFLW

GWS v Goldcoast. Final score"

GWS 1.3.9.

G.C   1.3.8

Gold coast did not score a point from half time onwards!!

Despite that, they somehow came up with 4.19 minutes of highlights

https://womens.afl/video/42867/aflw-match-highlights-gws-v-gold-coast

To be fair to the GC women's side, the men's teams have had some difficulty recently

Melb1.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

<deleted> gang, when will it end?

AFL football boss Steve Hocking says league ‘all ears’ to future name change of men’s competition to AFLM

The AFL says it is open to future debate about changing the name of its men’s competition to AFLM to mirror the women’s AFLW league.

Hocking said the league would be open to a name change if a supporter groundswell emerged.

Women’s football trailblazer Susan Alberti this morning hailed the potential move a “no-brainer”.

Speaking on The Outer Sanctum podcast, Hocking said: “There’s a whole range of things that we’re unpacking that have just been the way they have been because of 160 years of football and I think that’s OK. I don’t think we need to necessarily be looking over the fence at one another and saying whether we need to add another initial to something, but if in time it’s something that emerges, we’re all ears at AFL.”

Hocking and AFLW boss Nicole Livingstone were asked when the league would commit to “formally renaming the men’s competition AFLM”.

Livingstone initially answered: “That’s a very good question. Can we take it on notice and take it back to AFL House?”

She later added: “It’s actually a really interesting thought process because when I am internal I do take the time to say AFL men’s competition when I speak and I say AFLW because I know that the AFL is the NSO or the national sporting organisation.”

Former Western Bulldogs vice-president Alberti, a women’s football pioneer, said: “It’s a no-brainer. I would support it happening. There could be some confusion out there with AFL and AFLW. We’ve got the men and the women. So why not?

“It’s important to distinguish between the two competitions.”

Alberti added: “What I’m also noticing is that those clubs that have female teams, their memberships are going up. I knew that was going to happen. Having the men with their own title and the women with their title, I’ve got no problems with it.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Will27 said:

<deleted> gang, when will it end?

AFL football boss Steve Hocking says league ‘all ears’ to future name change of men’s competition to AFLM

The AFL says it is open to future debate about changing the name of its men’s competition to AFLM to mirror the women’s AFLW league.

Hocking said the league would be open to a name change if a supporter groundswell emerged.

Women’s football trailblazer Susan Alberti this morning hailed the potential move a “no-brainer”.

Speaking on The Outer Sanctum podcast, Hocking said: “There’s a whole range of things that we’re unpacking that have just been the way they have been because of 160 years of football and I think that’s OK. I don’t think we need to necessarily be looking over the fence at one another and saying whether we need to add another initial to something, but if in time it’s something that emerges, we’re all ears at AFL.”

Hocking and AFLW boss Nicole Livingstone were asked when the league would commit to “formally renaming the men’s competition AFLM”.

Livingstone initially answered: “That’s a very good question. Can we take it on notice and take it back to AFL House?”

She later added: “It’s actually a really interesting thought process because when I am internal I do take the time to say AFL men’s competition when I speak and I say AFLW because I know that the AFL is the NSO or the national sporting organisation.”

Former Western Bulldogs vice-president Alberti, a women’s football pioneer, said: “It’s a no-brainer. I would support it happening. There could be some confusion out there with AFL and AFLW. We’ve got the men and the women. So why not?

Alberti added: “What I’m also noticing is that those clubs that have female teams, their memberships are going up. I knew that was going to happen. Having the men with their own title and the women with their title, I’ve got no problems with it.”

Calling one the AFLW already distinguishes it <deleted>.

The next one will be AFLT for our transgenders player.

Watch this space.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I guess we could follow major sports around the world. @AlexRRR is always fond of quoting his love-child , The Round Ball Game, netball, whose league is called Suncorp Super Netball, so we better call that Suncorp Women's Super Netball !!
As for Soccer, the EPL should be renamed the EPLM, the NBA renamed NBAM etcetera. I mean it's a no-brainer!!

Calling it the AFLW is enough to distinguish it

Classic case of confirmation bias.  She 'notices...:

AFL club memberships have been growing for years, every club as far as I know. The Clubs without a women's team have also been growing in membership. 

Should we claim that membership growth of those clubs without a women's team is increasing because people support not having a women's team?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

What is Port Thinking?

Already putting unrealistic expectations out into the public domain

Port1.PNG

"So that's what we're starting out to try and do".

"We're going to start this year wanting to win the premiership in our 150th year".

Can I take it they weren't trying to win it in their 149th year?

<deleted> Kenny, what are you doing son?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Hey, we re-signed Sam Reid for 10 years!

Daniher will come to us cheap , and if we can get his injuries right, he is a 60 goal a year forward.  Not many of those around

That big word IF

I cannot see him being a 60 goal a year player.

45 minutes ago, Will27 said:

"So that's what we're starting out to try and do".

"We're going to start this year wanting to win the premiership in our 150th year".

Can I take it they weren't trying to win it in their 149th year?

<deleted> Kenny, what are you doing son?

It's Kochie mate.

He wont accept anything but being the best!  The BEST!!

Here is an enlightening thread about the Power monger that is Kochie and his china exploits

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/cause-of-death-of-the-2018-joint-major-sponsor.1209788/

• Like 1