Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Part of an article in the HS.

I heard ST Kilda also offered voting rights to the lady in the pie shop but she declined the offer.

Unbelievable.

Mick McGuane has his say on pre-season leadership moves and voting

Great leaders are purveyors of hope.

Michael Voss was respected through sheer competitiveness and in his twilight years through his extraordinary preparation.

Nick Maxwell did it educating young stars such as Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas, through Williamstown beach recovery sessions at 9am.

Leadership comes in many forms. And modern leadership groups are bigger and more inclusive than ever before.

Gone are the days of a captain, vice-captain and deputy vice-captain.

This is the time of the year when the clubs release the ins and outs of their leadership groups.

Sam Walsh is in at Carlton in his second season; Zach Merrett is out at Essendon; the Brisbane Lions have included nine players; and St Kilda gave votes to the property steward and head trainer in their leadership election.

Talk about inclusiveness! Astounding!

Everyone is a potential leader these days

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

MaCartney wasnt much chop at the Bullies either yet highly regarded untill we needed a scapegoat or two....love they way there heroes then villains...

Bit like how Hogan was the new messiah for Melbourne but as soon as his mental health issues surfaced they discarded him like week old prawns

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Part of an article in the HS.

I heard ST Kilda also offered voting rights to the lady in the pie shop but she declined the offer.

Unbelievable.

Mick McGuane has his say on pre-season leadership moves and voting

Great leaders are purveyors of hope.

Michael Voss was respected through sheer competitiveness and in his twilight years through his extraordinary preparation.

Nick Maxwell did it educating young stars such as Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas, through Williamstown beach recovery sessions at 9am.

Leadership comes in many forms. And modern leadership groups are bigger and more inclusive than ever before.

Gone are the days of a captain, vice-captain and deputy vice-captain.

This is the time of the year when the clubs release the ins and outs of their leadership groups.

Sam Walsh is in at Carlton in his second season; Zach Merrett is out at Essendon; the Brisbane Lions have included nine players; and St Kilda gave votes to the property steward and head trainer in their leadership election.

Talk about inclusiveness! Astounding!

No leaders at the Demons sir......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Everyone is a potential leader these days

Bit like how Hogan was the new messiah for Melbourne but as soon as his mental health issues surfaced they discarded him like week old prawns

I think Melbourne were more concerned about his injuries and off field activities TBF.

Edited by Will27
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I think Melbourne were more concerned about his injuries and off field activities TBF.

Plenty of time for Hogan to come good.....im pretty sure once he gets over this he WILL be fine....

Meanwhile watching the practice game Dee's and Crows..my first inpression is why the white Crow on the Jumper? Playing a kayotic style of game in feb are the Crows...staying in it and hit the front around 10 min to go in the second....even with Leaver marking everything......Dees look much better though....

By the end of the third the red and blue steam roller is on the move....

Gerard Healy now takes the cake as the worst comentator on the planet....a once magic Demon and Swan, boring mono tone sounding like a broken down Sandy Roberts on base overload....please shoot him.....the other dope isnt much better....and Del Santo? gees a mile behind the play.....Why do Channel 7 and streaming gaints think ex hack footy players make great commentators?  Wait till you start hearing ex saint Rewalt how ever you spell it....Jack the cousin is a natural for the tellie...you heard it here first...

Weeds doing the ruck work with Luke jacko Jackson resting forward and playing on the ball from time to time....take hart WILL even Jimmy Stynes was <deleted> in his first few games...Luke looks ready made so his half way there.......Chris P 20 possessions by half time....Mitch Brown.....good pick up....Ed Langdon.....just what we needed....Kesey Picket.....simply going to be a woooow....and Vandenberg played holy moses.....we always look better when hes in the team....hifenated guy actualy plays a decent game, the old firm pick it up late in the third to roll over the Crows by 33 points...Crows? bottom 6......

Suns roll Cats....who are playing in there horrible jumper way to embarrassed casue there been seen nation wide....like to know who the designer of the cats jumper is....

Well nothing to get excited about of course.....still a month off from the real deal though it does look like Spargo is looking for a trade to North at seasons end......Tip kid....you actualy have to be half decent for them to want you....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

What's confused you uncle Alex?

How do you go from being the 6 million dollar man to hack? in a year.......

Hogan should have stayed in Melbourne....the west Aussie sun is to hot it affects the mental balances....also the adoring WA public just love the Ben Cousins types....

ps...the weber was brilliant tonight.....Men eat Beef....Fresh Beef.....not the kind you find over there...thats injected with hormones like the Mac burgers that dont turn green...that you can use as an anvil....and need a grinder to cut....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

How do you go from being the 6 million dollar man to hack? in a year.......

Hogan should have stayed in Melbourne....the west Aussie sun is to hot it affects the mental balances....also the adoring WA public just love the Ben Cousins types....

ps...the weber was brilliant tonight.....Men eat Beef....Fresh Beef.....not the kind you find over there...thats injected with hormones like the Mac burgers that dont turn green...that you can use as an anvil....and need a grinder to cut....

I don't think anyone has doubted Hogan's ability.

Like I said, he's had a terrible run with injuries.

He also has a reputation of liking recreational drugs and wee wee a bit too much.

He flipped his car in a small residential street in Perth a few months ago.

Somethings not right.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Nope, they mean very little just an opportunity to have a look at your drafts and recruits and look at possible team structures.  Remember when Carlton won the night series and the spoon all in one year.  I reckon it's the 1st 5 games of the season that tell who is going to be competitive 

Team wise I think you might be right sir.......but.....individually it shows something...in the case of the Hapless Demons yesterday...it was that extra tall in Mitch Brown in the forward line.....2 goals in the first one in the last....thats 3 more goals than we would have had....played along side MacDonald who didnt get going till the second half....well it is Feb and he knows it....and of course that other tall Luke Jackson who was all at sea in the forward line...

The injury prone VandenBerg....played the whole game with some influence without being a star...

On the wings and out wide were we had no run both new comers especially Ed showed what we had been missing even in slow motion...

Oscar Macdonald is back in favour...again without much influence played the entire game....hes been around the block a few times and knows when  its late march, im expecting a big improvement from him this year and already have him in my fantasy team....he is a worry though as he dont really rack up the stats just a good wall in defence when his on his game...

Show casting the raw recruits Luke showed his spring and anthletism Pickett showed that black magic that many of the tribe have as in the Riloi style.....though found himself closely minded but when loose....wow...Sparrow a high end draft pick as a mid who was curly cut down early last season played off the bench...he is one to watch...Leaver was the star of the first half....Sparo was the disappointment of the game, of all I thought id see the most improvement from...looked like his year never ended...no frigging idea where the ball was and when he got it even less of an idea...Hifernated guy showed his early form...pin point accuracy with a smooth running style though I haven't yet been able to block out his last kick of last season....

What did I get out of the game? Not a lot, only to know they covered some weaknesses, players looked sharp at times sharper than the Crows, they never ever looked like they would loose even when falling behind, seems there new fitness guru might have a winning formula apparently the club has been training with balls longer than the rest of the league we did mark and hold the ball well......im guessing the Demons think they WILL hit the start of the season against the Eagles as if its week 4 or 5 of the regular season in terms of fitness and ball use....Might be a good idea to have a few $ either way that day.....

Its nice to be home with my coffee machine.....31 today....now were talking....cleaned up got the dishwasher happening as I was extremely lazy last night, took me like half the night to watch that practice game between cooking and stuff....thank got for the pause button on kayo....later watched that dispirited mob Victory draw in Newcastle....cant believe how off the boil they are, when Muscat left seems the world ended over there at AAMI stadium, knowing Victory they wont be slow to bounce back, last time this sort of thing happened to them they did a list upgrade and picked up Ange of Yokohama fame and won several flags within 4 ys of the change, but there painful to watch at present.....last year was rather awful for me....

https://www.thejournal.ie/met-eireann-rainfall-warning-2-5017930-Feb2020/ Well im gald I dont live in Ireland .......sounds absolutely horrible....and what is yellow rain? To think you would have to carry a pair of wellies everywhere you go...and a shovel....

https://www.the42.ie/caroline-thorpe-interview-4977939-Feb2020/ So you worry about Hogan? read this story.....this is what happens once your self esteem is beaten up, Irish woman international soccer player who could have been anything instead is just a bag of bones....

Just made me second cuppa....I call it a cubalatte......always start with a double expresso.....puts hairs on your chest, also wakes me up, gets the blood circulating with added oomph......then which is new as before going away it was a second double shot....with the odd cubalatte, what is a cubalatte? its a cross between a cuppaccino and a latte.....a cuppacciono normally is 1/3 of expresso 1/3 of milk and 1/3 of foam, while latte is prodomently milk with expresso not sure of the make up of it....I do a double shot of expresso...(always) 50%/50% of coffee and foam but mainly milk....its stronger of course, adds some protein which fills you up needing not to eat until lunch time...do you like my maths?

https://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3356/who-first-figured-out-how-to-make-coffee/ some history for you on the origin of coffee....a substance we cannot live without.....and the Dee's had plenty in them yesterday....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-fevola-opens-up-about-bizarre-uber-eats-addiction/news-story/0aa2a0da8f4c9c0bc5515357a5024bde having me lunch and reading this news website I came across Fevola and his obsession....we all learned a long time ago he dont have much between the ears, seriously he hasn't even considered cooking....and the Shelia he's living with? what of her?

If I was him I wouldnt be putting out there on his radio show he co hosts, every one already thinks he's a dill of the highest calibre...and mate now in your 40's a few more years your gonna be struggling to walk down the driveway so if you wanna move that lard best to get on it right away and learn to cook....or better still get Alex your Shelia to learn how to cook...

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Ok gang

So where do you think your sides will finish?

If WC don't finish top 4, I'll be disappointed.

Let's hear it.

Sorry for your future disappointment mate

Sydney will finish about 12th. That would be a win for the season for them. No way they are going to make finals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-fevola-opens-up-about-bizarre-uber-eats-addiction/news-story/0aa2a0da8f4c9c0bc5515357a5024bde having me lunch and reading this news website I came across Fevola and his obsession....we all learned a long time ago he dont have much between the ears, seriously he hasn't even considered cooking....and the Shelia he's living with? what of her?

If I was him I wouldnt be putting out there on his radio show he co hosts, every one already thinks he's a dill of the highest calibre...and mate now in your 40's a few more years your gonna be struggling to walk down the driveway so if you wanna move that lard best to get on it right away and learn to cook....or better still get Alex your Shelia to learn how to cook...

Fevola's bird's name is Alex??  ????

Walking the dog here in an afternoon (which takes an ETRNITY because all the women stop me and make goo-goo eyes at my dog) i am always seeing millenial types paying for their Uber eats outside their places. Must be costing them a fortune

Jack Viney to get the flick as captain this week in favour of Max Gawn.

I wonder how that will affect Viney.

Gee, Melbourne have had trouble in recent times with their captaincy appointments.

Mark Neeld’s sacked Brad Green of the captaincy in 2012 and installed Jack Grimes and Jack Trengove

as co-captains. That worked out well.

Nathan Jones wasn't happy when Goodwin installed Viney as his co-captain.

Goodwin said at the time Viney was born for the job".

Uncle Alex, let's hear it.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Jack Viney to get the flick as captain this week in favour of Max Gawn.

I wonder how that will affect Viney.

Gee, Melbourne have had trouble in recent times with their captaincy appointments.

Mark Neeld’s sacked Brad Green of the captaincy in 2012 and installed Jack Grimes and Jack Trengove

as co-captains. That worked out well.

Nathan Jones wasn't happy when Goodwin installed Viney as his co-captain.

Goodwin said at the time Viney was born for the job".

Uncle Alex, let's hear it.

Max Gawn is the type of leader you have for School visits

• Like 2