Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

38 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

The Adelaide press seems to think they're in with a chance.

They well might be mate.

Our premier is a hard <deleted> and has mentioned putting is some provisions like

the players will have to be vaccinated and partners won't be allowed in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well....this is it.... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-vfl-finals-fixture-sudden-death-knockout-format-aspley-leaves-competition/news-story/03bcbfe9916605b78bbc2a2058999a71 who knew there were 22 VFL clubs in the league....Aspley from Queensland has thrown in the town after 1 season, but worse....formerly the VFA an i use to be a devotee of that league when it was on the telly and before, i use to get to the games of course, as a Tonner resident born and bred i use to get to the Cramer street oval to watch the Preston Bullants play now known as the Northen Bullants and once tied to the Blues,, bet there happy the Blues dropped them, in Swans like red and white though its a red jumberwith PFC in white on the chest but now its a horrible big ant...

When married to cute teacher we lived up the road a little closer to the city in Coburg and a 10 min walk to the Coburg ground, a bit better ground than Cramer st which was a surprise as Coburg council were pretty ordinary while Preston council was on top of everything, i did venture forth to watch Coburg in there Richmond outfits, was lucky in them days as both clubs had a good run at the finals and got a premiership cup each.

Well shock horror when i seen the Casey Demons....well in name i must be seeing things as i though they still had the scorpion on there jumper...Casey use to be the Springvale Scorpions who moved out to Casey due to the invasion of Viets that began with the fall of Saigon in the 70's well maybe 20 ys later, the main street does look like China town....and still.....anyway Springvale moved out to boganville Casey which use to be an out post of Melbourne and half way to Sydney....now its swallowed up and an outer suburb of Melbourne Metro they even are connected with a freeway and railway men....Well its a complete take over it seems, im so sad for the Scorpions, they would have been a late in in division 2 of the VFA maybe the 1970's anyway totally taken over by my club, pretty poor i think....

The original power houses of the VFA were of course Port Melbourne who still has ex Hawk name escapes me at the moment coaching them, must be there 20 ys by now, Williamstown, they couldnt do a thing wrong you know, the ground was right on a point on the bay so it was a 20 goal wind one way most weeks, they did spend a bit of time in the second division, a powerhouse who had last there way...but they did come back and hard, then you had clubs that kinda gave them 2 a bit of stick from time to time they were Sandringham who once was the Demons and Saints affiliate, Preston, Geelong West, Prahran and of course Dandenong who wore the Demon jumper and could be a pretty dirty mob, a Dandy Port game was always like watching Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier sort of thing...

Box Hill were always a second div team Brunswick too but they did get up into div 1 for a while and also a pretty dirty team, ex bro inlaw played for them when a uni student...never got out of the twos though, at that time the team was well stacked with a few VFL retires like Jerka Jenkins...yes the helicon days of the VFA, no mild affair i can tell you, the crowed were always well behaved as all the knuckling was the on the ground....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Friday funnies on a thursday cause were bored to tears in lockdown....

Premier league started last week....i really struggle to get into that you know, might be because i really dont like many teams in it.....Melbourne Victory under Poppy have pretty much added a new team half from Perth Glory and some hack Spanish Midfielder who's claim to fame was he was a youth player at Real Madrid......the ALeague season kicks off in october Kayo dont stream it anymore......The NFL kicks off during our finals currently up to week 2 of practice games....games are on the telly men....its a big deal there and i did tune in and fast forward through a few games....it could be the year of the quarterbacks again...some hot to trot prospects amongst them, Pats pick up a steel at pick 15, overlooked by teams in need as they thought he wouldnt make it in A grade, well i watched him and he is surgical, the most accurate passer in college football....quick to move it and often on target...he wont throw many interceptions im telling you, why overlooked? came out of the most dominant collage with a team stacked with stars, Mac Jones, im sure we will be hearing a lot more about him, i like the man, will probably start as a back up to Cam Newton but Jones  is bound to be the starter by seasons end, Sam Darnold was another im keen to see how he goes, number one pick a few years ago, went to the Jets, a basket case like the Suns, <deleted> offence around him so sold him off and still on the bottom of the ladder and added another number one pick quarter back....Sam now at Carolina....and after much speculation that the 49ers would take Mac Jones they took at 3 Trey Lance....Bears who have for years been a great team without a quarterback picked up Justin Feilds at pic 3 that they traded up to for...there were a number of experienced quarterbacks moving between teams the most spectacular one was Stafford from the Lions to the Rams and Goff and 3 first round picks back from the Rams to the Lions, mind you Goff was a first round pick just a few years ago....its the Mathews and Akkamanis thing...

The NFL Los Vegas Raiders will not allow spectators into there brand spanking new stadium without proof off being corvid vaccinated, now there talking, while the Atlanta Falcons have recorded 100% off staff and players are vaccinated....The advantage is players that are vaccinated dont need to quarantine and can go about there business as per normal life....

TV Tipping......Its fair to say only 3 let in it to snare WILL's chokkies....thank you Will for not being much good this year and giving the rest of us a chance to grab the big one....4 behind is most likely to much to make up but you could go to 3 if OZ Rip or myself have a last quarter melt down....Right now im in the hot seat on % with Oz hot breath on the back of my neck....Sneaky Rip is right there on his hot tail....if Rip should draw level and now just one game behind Oz will drop on %, anyway this is the round that makes or breaks you, 3 games that can go anyway.....so good luck to the most hunsum man amongst us in Rip Oz and Myself....and i cant recall it ever going down to the wire before at least in my time......

Dogs take on the Power at Marvel...oh dear...Port are running hot while the Dogs wheelie bin wheels have fallen off....Dogs have lost the last 2....ummm......Port are red hot favourite here men....but are they? Do you take a punt on the Dogs or stick with the form team>??>????

Oh dear Tigers up against a hot Hawks and at the G, Will Hardwick end the season on a good note? or will it be Clarkson?? my knees are trembling, so close to the chokkies and it all could go down the sink in the first 2 games....

Swans should rescue us and take the heat off, Suns are gone.....to the cleaners Rip's men will go....

Oh......Lions at the Gabba against the Eagles....both have something to prove so will the Eagles turn up? ummmm......they may but the Lions should be able to counter as the Eagles cant play 4 quarters....

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Cats at home to the Demons....well once driving down to Geelong use to take 55 min, its all freeway now and suburbs, your there in a flash these days so the drive wont deter the boys, nice ground size of the G so its all equal, we have won there before and will again, 1 and 2 to play for top spot....Cats loose they can drop to 3rd Demons loose they can drop to 3rd, Port and Cats loose and Demons win Dogs can go to second, Port loose they can drop to 4th... seems only Cats or Demons can Finnish top but if Demons loose and Port have a hugh win they could go top......the 8 will stay the same unless the Eagles win by 30 goals.....or will it be 40 goals? If the Hawks win and Blues loose they will swap places, look the Demons keep it close....good for the price of a ticket, keep it exciting, these 2 clubs have played a few thrillers in recent years, will dads army come good or will the new kids on the block have enough in the tank to get over the line? IDK......

Blues are gone.....GWS to fine tune for the finals, unfortunately Teague will be shown the door right after the game, he might've had a fighting chance if he had some input about staff etc....

Saints should slap some curry around Freo down in Tasie....a wasted year, for both, is Bell gone?

Bombers think they have it, well this is a classic encounter with the Pies, you would flip a coin here, just when you think the Pies are gone there back as big as ever.....

Wow....another game that could go either way, Crows have been dispirited for a while now so there you know due.....and North have been chugging along making up ground, so the maths says its time for a trip up....oh yes....

I think there are 5 games that can go either way.......the whiskey will be coming out over the weekend men...i will need it......

Nice work Uncle Alex

No prize for 2nd so it's time for a few roughies I reckon.

• Like 2

Well i been mulling over my selections this morning, sealed and delivered......Now its time to turn to that new iPhone coming out next month....what do you think, space grey or silver? and it will be the pro range, so the pro or pro max?

The pro max will be like carrying a brick around in my pocket there that heavy, the talk is the pro and pro max will have the same specks this time, last model max had a better camera, ho and i can plug in my headphones.....

Bought an iPhone wallet case for the XR recently to try it out $12 on AliExpress......the local mafia have it online here exactly the same for $79, you have to fold your money to get it in since the max is longer i wont need to fold my money men.....so thats a factor....

Think of all the great pics i can take with the new phone......not that my old job cant....Anyway i wont be rushing to put in an order im happy to hang back to early next year....

13 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Very off topic. I have been notified by phone that I can get a pfiizer shot next Wednesday. Bad news I changed my tip 2 minutes before the bonce.

Yes well.....i was confident the Dogs would bounce back...look at it this way Rip....Port did what they haven't been able to do all year....and Port do have a habit of letting you down in games they should win.....only the first round sir.....and visa versa......Enjoy the Jab ive had both and now a free man....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Still waiting for my jabs up here, booked in for Moderna shots.

Hopefully this month.

No longer waiting for Port to beat a top 5 side, the Dogs will be waiting for the Eagles to beat Brissy so they can stay in the 4 though.

Could be a long wait..... :cool:

Port get the double chance....meanwhile penis head @ 3/4 time needs to switch Macdonald to defence, he is out of it and was for the 2 weeks before he got injured like an injin.....havent seen Bowie for a while between stiff drinks but put the kid on the ball....and while hes at it Brayshaw too....switch Jole Smith to Brayshaw's wing...you aint got nothing to loose now fella at 6 goals down.....and i do know my team....Goodwin pretty much implemented all i advised in the past...and look where it got us....

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Wow...OMG......we won on the last kick of the day.....cost me tipping but I DONT CARE...... Gone baby gone....woosh like a rocket we were so down it was like a well to get out.....13 seconds to go and Max marks 25 m out...like this could go anywhere.........goal... all over red rover....who would have believed....Mr Scott didnt think.... he is to emotional to be a coach....

Now lets not get carried away Oz last time we finished top we won a flag but that was 1964 and we were kids......put into perspective....that team had played in finals every year from 1954 winning 5 flags up to then...this team have been cellar dwellers.....but we can dream...were on a high for the next 7 days.....then ........

Forgot to mention....the Adelaide boy a one Swallow came of age tonight....number 32...and 17 a Bowie...or something like that....slickest hands in football....and you aint getting Spargo Mr Fj hes staying put....did some magical stuff tonight....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Congrats Oz, a very ordinary year for me... I came good towards the end of the season but it was too late.

An interesting finals round coming up with games being played in Tassie.

Good beer down there but you might need to take your own pies.

Some of the best pies in Oz available in Tassie Scea????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

I worked in Tassie for about 3 months back in the 70s, my memories consist mainly of beer (Boags) and waking up with the fattest girl I've ever known.

No pies... :cool:

You must have been in the North Scea,us southerners would not touch Boags ,besides ,southern girls were sexier.????

• Like 2

I like David Teague, but rumours swirl that there was a rift between coach and the player leadership group,in particular Patrick Cripps.   Et tu Pat?

Apparently the Carlton Review exposed too much emphasis on attacking, rather than defensive tactics.   I'm with you FJ.    I would much prefer my team kick a score that can't be beat, rather than restrict the opposition to a score that can be beat.

If a defensive game plan is required, then Ross Lyon is the right man for the job.    I recall the brick wall he deployed when he coached at St Kilda and Freo.    He may have won more games than he lost, but it was usually very laborious as a spectacle.   Not my kind of footy, and if things unravelled, Lyon didn't seem to have a Plan B.

Three more years of pain?? I don't really give a flying duck any more.

• Like 2