Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

At center bounces it seems that everybody wants to be an inside mid and we are getting done on the outside,big Max is good enough to get the tap 25met toward goal into the vacant area between half forward and the center, if its a planned move the mids only need a two step start and the first kick is into the scoring zone.

I seem to recall Spargo kicked 7 goals in one of his early games from the ball drop close to goal but now he seems to playing wider .

Its easier to clunk a goal from 30met than 50.

We have Viney and Oliver playing the same game, Oliver needs to break out of packs like Viney, but he dont, he scrambles it out which is fine with handballs and rubbish kicks half the time but often gets nullified even though hes racking up stats and hes to predictable, Brayshaw is tied up on the wing, he is one of our outside mids, silky clean and can slot a goal from way out, LingersPositive had an off game, Harmes is both an inside and outside mid, used often as a stopper/tagger, he took Libba out of the game and Libba took him out of the game.... would be just better too rotate Harmes off half forward into the midfield, he along with Brayshaw are goal kickers.

I think we place to much emphasis on Viney and Oliver, one off them should get the tagger role when its needed, id like to see Harmes back to what he does best and Brayshaw back in the middle....

Spargooooooo was on his way to North next season if he didnt pick his game up, and i dont recall him kicking 7 he can be good and has been this year mostly, was inefficient last week and holds the ball to long at times....

The opposition is getting the ball away from the packs because there doing a better job inside the packs, were breaking even most of the time but when we loose its obvious its not just around the packs its in the packs as well.....Goodwin dont mix it up enough, absolutely no reason not to have Spargo and Kossie playing on the ball more often, we gone back to running more big men in a game resting forward its also time for that small forward to be become a rover again, as you seen Kossie light up the packs when he played on the ball, its almost a shame he isnt on the ball more often.

When its close or we loose its from the middle of the park thats the problem ...Brown knows how to time a lead i thought he was superb last week....MacDonald needs to come up to the wings/centre compete dragging his man with him then sprint back forward when he does that he has a great game....

• Like 1

We are gonna find out what the Demons are made of in the next month men.....there off to the Gold Coast for this weeks match then a charterd flight to the state of excitement....they still call it that? Quarantined then face the Eagles, back home its the Crows who beat us last time then the Cats down on the coast who are very hard to beat down there....

North and Suns circling Sam Weideman, im still tipping the Pies, out of contract soon not getting a game says it all.....The club have been playing him up the ground in recent VFL games, Sam isnt good enough on the ground yet, so Fj your first round pick will do.....he was a number 9 pick in the draft...and before you squeal big guys normally take longer to hit there stride, he is on the verge...and still a pup.

Swans and GWS will be living out of suite cases at least right up to the finals as well....extended lockdown in Sydney, all i can say its about time someone else had a dose of it, 5 times, were just about done down here....i know every centimetre of my place....including the ceiling since ive crawled up the walls almost daily...

Voss's name hasn't been mention of late, im tipping him for the Pies job, the other Scott i think would be ideal for the Blues if they could convince him, half the board would need to go though, very doubtful any "experienced" coach would take on the Blues job, Teague might still end up there....in the end unlike as in soccer where the manager or coach pretty much has a lot of say who he wants on his staff poor Teague got lumbered with his....You only would have to go as Dennis Pagan and Mick Malthouse with 4 or 5 premierships between them what they think of Princess Park...poor Radar.....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

North and Suns circling Sam Weideman, im still tipping the Pies, out of contract soon not getting a game says it all.....The club have been playing him up the ground in recent VFL games, Sam isnt good enough on the ground yet, so Fj your first round pick will do.....he was a number 9 pick in the draft...and before you squeal big guys normally take longer to hit there stride, he is on the verge...and still a pup.

Not sure about a 1st rounder for a magoo's player Alex.

He has the right age demographic however i'm a bit shy after you sold us Tyson whom has been taking large chunks of his super out of our club without actually putting his boots on.

Looking forward to see young Eddie Ford(the Stephen Kernahan lookalike)take the field this week,we might already have our Weidiman.????

• Like 2

Clarko gorn.

Hawthorn and four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson part ways

Hawthorn and its legendary premiership coach Alastair Clarkson will part ways at the end of the season, and potentially sooner.

The decision was reached on Thursday after a meeting between the Hawthorn board and Clarkson’s management in which the two parties agreed that the coach would receive a full payout.

The arranged marriage between Clarkson and Sam Mitchell was further-eroded earlier this week when a group of senior players confided to club bosses that the situation was proving untenable.

This meeting is understood to have taken place on Wednesday and involved the senior leadership group, club boss Justin Reeves and football director Richie Vandenberg.

Vandenberg and Clarskon are understood to have spoken following that meeting and the two parties agreed that Clarkson would finish his illustrious tenure at the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Got my doubts about the Weed TBH Alex.

This is his 5th season and has only played 49 games with half a dozen decent ones.

Yep, the tall ones usually take a bit of time but 5 years is worrying.

Look at the King brothers, Oscar Allen etc.

I'm with FJ, you ain't getting a first rounder for him when he's playing in the Magoo's.

Not sure the Eagles are "resurrected".

We've beaten Adelaide and the Saints.

Not sure what we will get tomorrow.

I'll only start to trust them if we beat Collingwood and then your mob.

Good chance you will do us there fella.....as for the Weed pretty sure he would be in the first if not for Ben Brown, hes one of the emergencies this week, he needs to be played and like i been banging on forever about how the mids deliver the ball....we have the worst approach to a forward line in the league, also i always though the Weed was a half forward where Simone has persisted playing  him FF or pocket....crazy, like i said i know my team, of course Tom not getting picked up threw a spanner in the works too...and Jackson came on very strong all this has pretty much rooted Sam....yes we lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him in the end but he could fire up and im sure he will....not in the class of the Kings guys like that dont come along often you know....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Clarko gorn.

Hawthorn and four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson part ways

Hawthorn and its legendary premiership coach Alastair Clarkson will part ways at the end of the season, and potentially sooner.

The decision was reached on Thursday after a meeting between the Hawthorn board and Clarkson’s management in which the two parties agreed that the coach would receive a full payout.

The arranged marriage between Clarkson and Sam Mitchell was further-eroded earlier this week when a group of senior players confided to club bosses that the situation was proving untenable.

This meeting is understood to have taken place on Wednesday and involved the senior leadership group, club boss Justin Reeves and football director Richie Vandenberg.

Vandenberg and Clarskon are understood to have spoken following that meeting and the two parties agreed that Clarkson would finish his illustrious tenure at the end of the season.

Well well well......Mick Malthouse all over again, egos getting in the way, Hawthorn have slipped so much in the modern era....

Cant see Clarkson at either the Pies or Blues....my tip will take a year off and take over at the Demons end of next season....

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Wow,the worst part about it was Caro was Right.

Personally i think the time is right,everyone needs a refresh now and then.

Hard to coach if the club wants games into youngsters and you want to win.

Maybe the Weed to the Hawks Alex,i think they have wasted their time with O'Brien and Lewis.

Awwww she talks a bit of sense every now and then........Mitchell blackmailed Kennett or he was off to the Pies....

As for the Weed he can go, underwhelmed but you know the story 5 min after he goes one of the big key forwards goes down with an ACL and thats it for the year....

Telling you Clarkson played for North and Melbourne, hes off to the Demons in 2023...pretty sure everyone has had enough of Simone over at Casey....hey we might get a coupe going end off season.....maybe Simone will get run over by a bus at the mad monday celebrations week one of the finals....

The sooner we get rid of this black crow the better.....

• Like 1

Breaking news....Fox got it all wrong.....Queensland games on tomorrow, Sunday in the gloomy state of Victoria.....

Ummmm.......Well the Age said tomorrow the AFL website is showing Tuesday.....look just ask Will he would know....

Wait i think we shouldn't take any notice of the AFL website it works like a sick puppy half the time....still showing games to be played up in Queensland....but on tuesday, so you know they let there little kids play with the website...

Uncle Will will be along to set it right soon once he gets over the hiding to none the Eagles are getting from the Pies, pretty sure all in the Willbert household have exited very quickly around 1/4 time....last seen the dog was hitching a ride to BKK.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

We've had some shockers this year but I think this is the worst.

Yes.....was sitting in line drive through at hungry jacks, burger king to you guys who been away to long and checked my football app....i ditched the AFL app...and nearly fell out of the car, 10 goals to 1 and half time..... 

Came home switched on 65 inch telly thinking that the Eagles would mount a big challenged......thinking......still thinking......so i turned it off....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

I thought I had tipped WCE. I even looked 5 minutes before the game started. When I saw the tips I was shocked. Thanks for my stuff up. Go Collywobbles.????

And there I was thinking it was a great tip.

• Like 2