Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

10 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

...they shouldn't be bleeding...there on god dam holidays.....beats

Bit of sore point with me re all what the players have to go through. 

I'm thinking more back to Qld bubble last year. It's a job and they get well paid. Get on with it.

I'm live Thailand and haven't been back to Oz since covid. Guys I know in Oz haven't been to Thailand and have family here. Some with young kids haven't seen them for yonks.

Get a kick and put on big boy shorts. 

Edited by DrJack54

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That would be 'group quarantine' like a bubble?? 

Meaning they could still train? 

I heard it on fox footy last night after the game. The way they were talking it did not sound like it. I hope I heard wrong.

Edit Just found this on Google

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/western-bulldogs-facing-comical-quarantine-disadvantage-if-they-make-grand-final/news-story/f0afaa64d54550629c83ab988623b40f

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ripstanley said:

I heard it on fox footy last night after the game. The way they were talking it did not sound like it. I hope I heard wrong.

One would hope that training would continue as normal as possible. 

They are elite athletes and need to stick to normal routine.

They are almost like junkies.

Well in W.C era the players were both.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

One would hope that training would continue as normal as possible. 

They are elite athletes and need to stick to normal routine.

They are almost like junkies.

Well in W.C era the players were both.

I just added this to my post

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/western-bulldogs-facing-comical-quarantine-disadvantage-if-they-make-grand-final/news-story/f0afaa64d54550629c83ab988623b40f

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I just added this to my post

Couple of small words in that article re isolation....."apart from training...."

I guess they can define training as various things.

Wonder what is typical week for footballers training. 

I have often wondered what they actually do. They are athletic beasts and yet the training sessions look pretty relaxed. 

They must have lot of full on sessions individually.

Apparently Benny C was a training fanatic. Guess many like him.

As footy observers we don't see the repetition sprints etc that all quick recovery athletes do. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Your not an NRL fan.

Not really,will watch the GF if nothing else on.

On the training,i would say it will be mainly in the pool and lots of stretching.

And a lot of mental stuff reviewing opposition players and tactics.

Not sure where the Dogs are staying,i stayed at the Trade Winds about 30 years a go and if still the same it would seem a little cramped if there is around 80 in the touring party. 

I would have been trying to book out a place like Cherokee Village if it still even excists. 

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds like you know the joint.

Perth is lovely city.

I would have thought something out of town might have been an option. Guess training facilities might be an issue. 

Perhaps one of the WA teams could make their training facilities available to their Victorian brothers. 

Being so close and all.

Good opportunity for Cerra to get to meet his new team mates.

When i was a kid there was a sports complex i stayed at when we played the school CIG footy games, Noranda i think but it was all dormitory style accomodation which wouldn't suit the modern players.

If Melbourne are staying in Joondalup they will have access to West Perths home ground.

If the Dogs are at the Trade Winds then most likely shunted to North Fremantle oval.

Quite a few lower grade and country grand finals on this weekend so i can understand why the date of the GF is what it is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

When i was a kid there was a sports complex i stayed at when we played the school CIG footy games, Noranda i think but it was all dormitory style accomodation which wouldn't suit the modern players.

If Melbourne are staying in Joondalup they will have access to West Perths home ground.

If the Dogs are at the Trade Winds then most likely shunted to North Fremantle oval.

Quite a few lower grade and country grand finals on this weekend so i can understand why the date of the GF is what it is.

So what's capacity of the stadium. 60k.

Will they fill it given very few fans from east coast.

BTW....Did I have different glasses on than most folk. I thought Stef Martin was average at best.

Guess Dogs have no choice.

Max will be like cat playing with a mouse. 

• Like 2

Well, winners can laugh and losers can do as they please.

Another finals campaign down the gurgler and the premiership window starting to look shaky.

I'll pick the Dees for the 27th, the word on the Soi is that the big money from the wealthier club has been wisely invested in the umpiring panel.

If there's a footballing God the umps will be from WA and SA and frees will have to be earned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

The prelim was sold out in 9 hours I think.

The GF will sell out even quicker you'd imagine.

Port home games usually sell well, the fans websites were going crazy looking for tickets, I'm not sure how many Sandgropers will want to watch Melbourne and the 'Dogs battle it out at that price, maybe the novelty of a Perth G/F will get them in.

Who's the halftime show? :cool:

I'd be having a few mates around for a BBQ and beers and watch it in comfort on the box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sceadugenga said:

Port home games usually sell well, the fans websites were going crazy looking for tickets, I'm not sure how many Sandgropers will want to watch Melbourne and the 'Dogs battle it out at that price, maybe the novelty of a Perth G/F will get them in.

Who's the halftime show? :cool:

I'd be having a few mates around for a BBQ and beers and watch it in comfort on the box.

I know the tickets will be expensive, but it will sell out in hours.

• Like 2

Die hard fans are usually a minor percentage at GF's.

It's all about the money so the business world moves in to entertain clients and what i've read, WA

has been doing quite well for itself.

A great chance for locals to experience a once in a lifetime event.

I was fortunate enough to get to the MCG in 99 for the Kangaroos last premiership.

Although officially it was a tax deducted 2 week cropping tour with a chemical company. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Well, winners can laugh and losers can do as they please.

Another finals campaign down the gurgler and the premiership window starting to look shaky.

I'll pick the Dees for the 27th, the word on the Soi is that the big money from the wealthier club has been wisely invested in the umpiring panel.

If there's a footballing God the umps will be from WA and SA and frees will have to be earned.

You dirty on the Umps Scea?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hypothetical time: 

If Stef Martin couldn't play....

How would that play out. What's the revised game plan.

Obviously English plays more in the ruck.....what else.

Wouldn't Lewis Young replace him?

He was the Ruckman dropped for Martin.

Surely a straight swap you'd imagine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Wouldn't Lewis Young replace him?

He was the Ruckman dropped for Martin.

Surely a straight swap you'd imagine.

Yes maybe a Doggie supporter can give opinion why Martin was selected for Port game.

I think that I'm odd one out....thought Martin was poor.

Maxie will be licking his lips.

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes maybe a Doggie supporter can give opinion why Martin was selected for Port game.

I think that I'm odd one out....thought Martin was poor.

Maxie will be licking his lips.

Martin is a lot better Ruckman than Young at this stage.

TBF to him, he's been injured and it was his first game back since round 12.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Martin is a lot better Ruckman than Young at this stage.

TBF to him, he's been injured and it was his first game back since round 12.

Yes I was aware that he has hardly played in recent times

Just strikes me as the weak link.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:22 PM, DrJack54 said:

Could have had a dancing group from Soi 6 however that WA premier would come up with a no vote.

Screenshot_20210912-151625~2.jpg

The 2 end girls for the Demons women team men....from left to right....1 shes a 8, 2 is 6.5,

3 is narak mak mak  but to short for football...8, 4, oh dear....im to polite to rate, 5 just hitting 7, 8 is an 8, pretty good set of bar girls there fellas, i havent been so lucky with quality when ive poped into a few bars over the years and lets not talk about whats on offer along beach road Pattaya after 9pm.......

The freelancers that hang out front and a few moved indoors to Maccas in Nanna has taken a nose dive over the last 7 or so years, there there from around 2 pm and the quality just doesnt lift no matter what time......how do i know....well i love to go for long walks so id get out from the MRT at Asoke and walk to Paragon and back sometimes i will pop in at Maccas or Starbucks near by as its about half way, they use to sit in Starbucks but seems like there been booted, Macs have no class so you know.

Well a couple of times going back years ago i got lucky walking by, one a student looking for pocket money was a stand out....the very first time and later i realized it was a freelancer hot spot i was meeting a mate down town, looking for somewhere to have dinner we walked past the bus stop 3 times and each time this great set of legs was standing out, on the 4th time past (buddy was a fussy eater) i couldnt not say something to one honey, thinking she was waiting for the bus to go home shattered my dreams when i asked her what she did for a living.....anyway she rocked my boat  didnt go back to Isaan for her customary break  and waited from me to get back from a trip to Sri Lanka this being about 13 ys ago, i could have fallen head over heel in love with this one men.....seen her a few times then just had to tear myself away......ive avoided the sick buffalos and TGF salary's so many seem to get caught up in over there....sticking to uni ed women with no kids has saved me a fortune.....

• Like 1