Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 9/7/2021 at 9:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

One for Melb fans

I refuse to watch any thing about us....like there been talking and bombing in previous years , just Gawn and Angus as im still trying to learn the Lingo of them young folk.....and its hard work.....but im getting there....this week a lot has come out from the bored quarantine the Demons are in on youtube but hey...im not watching.....jeff i seen a few years ago...was gun.....2 games to go assuming we can go all the way....and non are easy.......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

....and its hard work.....but im getting there....this week a lot has come out from the bored quarantine the Demons are in on youtube but hey...im not watching.....jeff

Sounds like some cracks starting to show.

Joking

• Haha 1

Cats 6 goals Max Gawn 5 goals, the big fella took my breath away in 2 of them, one on the run and a 50 m job the other thinking it was touched ran an ark to slot it like Kossie……

Scott was very nice after the game I’m disappointed for him his ragamuffins couldn’t lift after selling his souls to bring in Cameron, only Danger and Hawkins offered any resistance, didn’t even need to open my whiskey men….

Were taking it one game at a time Dr no wild mood swings here having been embarrassed in the last 2 grand finals we played in but the difference this year is we been clearly the best team all year and never out of the top 4 so who gets to play us will need to sharpen the pencils and start with a new slate….

Some keen West Aussies supporting us though they didn’t look to happy there Will and Fj……..

E704AF1B-720F-4A3C-A493-9F8EB6334B01.jpeg

69B901F6-2E08-4283-9B10-56AD4C3712A7.jpeg

828B0848-B805-40E7-8575-A6FDD0653D91.jpeg

A3F9846F-68CE-4BDC-A555-3D4C61F34FD9.jpeg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I thought when someone grabs a upper hamstring they miss couple of games min. 

Just as well it's a bye next week

Simone says its possibly a back issue, was a nice old push that went unnoticed coming down awkwardly, even so if a hamstring its on the light side and with the best medical/physical people in the game 95% chance of showing up.....

So where to now St Peter? or Dr Jack? the over the hill gang is over the hill, one of the oldest lists in the caper, mate you should have used the 3 picks you got for Kelly in the draft, Cameron was a disappointment all year when fit, and thats like 60% of the time, either Selwood or Danger need to retire or both, you can throw out Rowan, and you got a lot of low level passengers that dont front in big games often enough....

Think your stuck with Smith and Higgins another year while Hawkings is good to go again so if the clean out dont start this year its going to be on for sure next year......Yes yes yes the eye gouging of the Eagles should have set you up in the draft......Never been a fan of Cameron though i rate him as a 1st round compensation, seduced by a flag you gave you up the opportunity to nail some good kids.....May i remind you going after big names rally pay off, Franklin and Tippert, and way back Templeton and Moore, only the Suns to Richmond fella payed off and i think Hall to Swans but he was an up and comer at the time, Healy and Plugger didnt win a flag for the Swans either.....Ho and you saw what happened with the Hawks targeting every half decent free agent going.....

And in case you want to point a finger my way only Leaver was what we thought at the time overs with 2 first round picks, May wanted out of the Suns, Brown was thrown on to the scap heep, we targeted Lingers and Tomlinson hardly house hold names there my man.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

First up I'm a Carlton supporter.

Started after 1964 gf Dees won. Our family was Melbourne.

I was a pup. Dad followed Barassi to Blues 1965 and naturally I went along. Big call from changing from team that just won a flag to team that finished 10 in the then 12 team VFL.

You sound like Melbourne have won flag already. Keep lid on it.

The Cats have had an unbelievable record of sustained success. Remarkable.

Yes giving up 3 first round for Cameron was huge. They certainly need big review now. They have couple of real good young players that they need to talk to and sign.

Something along the lines of....'you will get games (plenty) in 2022'.

Go Demons. Always good to see minor premiers take it off.

A Dee Dog gf would be nice, however think Port will book spot today. 

Pardon me i got you mixed up with the other new fella that poped in yesterday he a purrrrr man.....and no im not thinking its the bag, ive been very low key on my team all year...just ask any of the regulars here.....they know me well.....hahha

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Pardon me i got you mixed up with the other new fella that poped in yesterday he a purrrrr man.....and no im not thinking its the bag, ive been very low key on my team all year...just ask any of the regulars here.....they know me well.....hahha

Always nice to see long term supporters (suffering) win the ultimate. 

Lions (bears) Sydney (swan) and Recently Dogs. Think their one previous to that was 1954....?

I would love  Ronald Dale see one GF for D.

Well into 80,s now so "It's Time"

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Will27 said:

The crowd in Perth was always going to support Melbourne over Geelong.

Perth is an Eagles town and haven't forgotten Geelong bending us over in the Kelly deal.

I think most neutrals will be supporting Melbourne.

Getting Leaver and May has been huge.

Having said that, Melbourne also have a lot of a top ten draft picks which doesn't hurt.

Petracca - pick 2
Brayshaw - pick 3
Oliver - pick 4
Jackson - pick 3
Viney - pick 7 (matched)
Salem - pick 9

Yes of course.....but prior to the last 6 ys we were like cellar dwellers getting high picks that didnt do anything.....a J Watts springs to mind though i thought his best position was actually in the midfield/wing Paul Roos knew where to play him same with Nev Jetta who had been around forever and also a high pick didnt come good till Paul showed up. 

We had a heep of low picks that didnt do much.....When the AFL took over the whole football department was revamped including recruiting, which goes to show you why some teams like the Eagles and Swans bounce back fast....they have a great recruiting team.....say no more....

I coughed up blood giving 2 first round picks for Leaver but the guys have done well wheeling and dealing we still managed to pick up May, Jackson and Picket in the same time and still have a first round pick this year, spend you r money on the recruitment team men it pays big time....

Yes and karma comes back to get you, i if i was the boss at the Eagles wouldnt have given up all the draft capital for Kelly, the Cats were in a bind anyway and it set a bad precedent that the Gaints used on the Cats, its looking like the Kelly and Cameron affairs will set both clubs back at least 2 years....

Ps....my dad followed Barrasi too.....i hope they have Old Ron handing out the medals, assuming we win it would be the ultimate.....the Smith/Barassi connection....

But its one game at a time, the guys at the Demons are showing a maturity ive not seen before so im expecting the Peter Gabriel "shaking the tree" thing.....

• Like 2

Oh dear the pain the non Demon supporters and poor Sceadugenga (pz fill us in on what its meant to be plz sir) have had to endure, the AFL get a full house and both games blown away....i have been watching and its like a rerun of friday, in a way its not to bad for us as Moptlop would have come up for his 5th GF i believe and he was on the wrong side each time.....so you know....

Glad Port beat a few up in the 3rd.....

2 weeks rest.....and Perth is our new home ground.....funny if Melbourne win a GF in Perth.....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So Melbourne vs Bulldogs.

Let the predictions begin.

No predictions no wild mood swings and im likely to retreat into my cave for the next 2 weeks as im not going to get or hype up the coming game....

Meanwhile young Cristiano bags two for Man U on his second coming, the Cats should try and get him men....has springs in his feet apparently, not sure if he still does use to strap weights on his legs during all training so when he was in a full on match it was all just easier.....at 36 and a 12 million pound transfer steal leaving for dead everyone else .....and what else did he bring to the club this time? they broke all records for number 7 Ronaldo shirts sold right across the Premier league.....and they were in like sardines at Old Trafford...thats what number 7 brings Chris Scott.....baaaaaaaa Cameron....

Been eyeing that red Demon cap men......would look good in my collection.....anyway im going to shut the f**** up for a while.........

Ps Tom Brady steers the Bucks over the line in the opening game of the NFL mind you the Cowboys may decided to cut-off the legs of the kicker as he missed a field goal and a conversion (4 points) losing the game by 2 i think, Tom at 44 a freak of nature like Cristiano......Go Browns......and Bills.....and Washington football team....Red Wolves something like that is firming as the new mascot....

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That would be 'group quarantine' like a bubble?? 

Meaning they could still train? 

Were not getting excited Demons in the same boat....the WA premier has locked us up in a resort...the place looks fantastic....they shouldn't be bleeding...there on god dam holidays.....beats a trip to Bali thats for sure....