Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

AFL response......

“If I’m honest I find it personally hard to reconcile...that it was only three weeks,” McLachlan said.

“I find it perplexing. I’ve spoken to the lawyers about our appeal rights.”

They want 6.

Won't appeal. Just a show. Worse than players staging.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

We at GWS would like to say thanks for your support  Toby.  

Great player. However big sanction coming his way. 

6 seems a popular tip.

Not good record......

This is the second time Greene has been suspended during a finals series, while he has now been found guilty of an AFL match review charge a record 22 times across his 176-game career. (Copied from net)

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Clarkson ruled himself out AGAIN, what does the CFC look like? Mr Magoo you did it gain......

Well i had hoped a more spirited GWS would have turned up last night as they would have been my preference to play in the prelim, still the shadow of death still lingers over the Cats, but you know they did recruit some "big time" players for this event....even if over the hill and almost far away...

Brayshaw and Gawn had Simon on there podcast this week......Simon is a leader for sure.....11,000 steps/runs around the hotel car park every morning viewed by half the team watching from there hotel windows....thats 50 laps.....while quarantined in Perth.....was nice to see Simon saying more words in an interview, even was entertaining, no chance were getting rid off him anytime soon if he takes the flag, he will have a job for life....

We also learned that Ed Langden......"PositiveLingers" is a one of a kind, one of the players Simon thinks is out of this world, also learned Ed was upset with Ross "the boss" Lyons treatment im assuming at Freo but it could also be over the Blues job....anyway 700 PositiveLingers t-shirts were made and i have one of them....a limited run.......100 plastic coffee cups with Lingers on it but i declined due to i like my coffee in a clay fired cup...and i always make sure when in Starbucks overseas as i wouldnt entertain one in AU men that i want a proper cup and not a paper cup then quickly thrown "im Australian not American" so they get the message....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I agree with you Will about the free kicks and GF

Youur guys were robbed in the granny.

Think the free kick count was 20 to 8 (don't quote me).

You know it's bad when the AFL puts out an apology letter.

• Like 2

I would have imagined that Port and Demon win double short odds this week.

For Cats with no Tom Stewart and Henderson playing like a headless chook Melb will win.

For dogs with injuries to the Bont? and Daniels? all adds up to Port win??. 

What do the AFL gurus think??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Cats have the edge over us and the last home and away you can forget, we were gone with the wind if you all recall to even get close was not normal, we hovered for the last 12 min think it was 4 points down and no score from anyone before that stupid free that got us to the 50m and a Gawn mark and goal after the siren....mind you we owed them big time, they have pinched a number of close games off us the last few years......Cats recruited for a flag, i had hoped for a GWS win now the whisky will have to come out for me to get through the game unstressed.....this is the game that Higgins, Smith and Cameron were recruited for, you can bet your undies they wont be feeding May and Leaver this time around, i certainly do NOT feel confident.

Port and the Dogs, i had tipped the Bulldogs to be one of the grand finalists pretty much from the start of the year, think there fallen off the edge last 6 weeks though last weeks win was closer to what they normally can do, Port on the other hand slipped into overdrive around the same time, so who do we have confidence in? have to go for Port but it would not surprise me if the Dogs get up no matter who is in the team, Dogs style can stop anyone, when in form there deadly around the pack and have runners everywhere, Port dont like heavy breathing, they withstood it last game....Dogs can bring mucho heavy breathing, for me if the Demons get over the line Dogs are not the team i want to play in a GF.

Nice summary and pretty much on the money.

Question from left field......

You would be all over D forward line. 

Is there anyone that Cat could bring in to drop Henderson. 

Bit of weird question I realize, however to me he is playing like deer in the headlights and slow. 

Cats have anything else? 

Guess not with Stewart already done for year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Nice summary and pretty much on the money.

Question from left field......

You would be all over D forward line. 

Is there anyone that Cat could bring in to drop Henderson. 

Bit of weird question I realize, however to me he is playing like deer in the headlights and slow. 

Cats have anything else? 

Guess not with Stewart already done for year.

Im not really up with who plays were at the Cats, its on the day, Selwood was down last week he wont be down this week, Danger danger been playing well and will step up even more this week....Hawkins has been suburb, Smiths been doing the job as has Cameron without being stand outs im expecting them to lift this week....

Demons get beaten in the pack when we loose Cats are very good in the packs as are the Dogs both teams have very good outside run, i think it will come down to what happens in and around the middle, if we can open up and spread i will feel a lot better....Defence is only as good as the pressure the mids and forwards apply.

The forward line was a butchers affair for most of the year kick it up high and lets see what happens, Brown is now making the difference....Macdonald has been down for 4 or 5 weeks....he is going to need to throw his bulk around......id expect Oliver to be tagged and he dont take being tagged to well....takes him around half the game to break free from his tags......Cats will need to tag the hibernated guy as well he has been damaging, the game will be won and lost in the midfield.....

The Cats had us last time, 44 points up at half time, pretty sure they wont slip up again, we are a very good second half team we tend to slip up 2cd quarter we wont want to do that again this year......

Just got back from Safeway men.....and poped into there liquor store while getting tonights dinner.........got my bottle of comfort, black label......of course.....maybe if my vision is blurred i wont be jumping up and down in my seat....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Another ruckman in the Dees pipeline.  The son of star Jeff White played in his premiership winning team on the Gold Coast,at 14 years and 6foot 3 inches sounds like he will have the size for a father/son pick in a few years.

A good topic is best father/son combos of all time. 

The Abletts I guess an obvious #1.

Always chat about which one of those is the best. Gary sen or Jr.

• Like 1